Why is there a hand icon on some of my folders in Outlook?

I have been toying around with Archiving folders and all of the sudden some
of my subfolders under my inbox have hand icons on them.  Why is that?

Using Exchange?
Are these folders shared perhaps?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Hand Icon on Folders in Outlook" <Hand Icon on Folders in
Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been toying around with Archiving folders and all of the sudden
> some
> of my subfolders under my inbox have hand icons on them.  Why is that?

0
Roady

Outlook Problem #53
I followed the discussion topics as I was receiving the extend.dat error and fixed that. Then, I went into "manage email accounts" and entered the login page http address for my godaddy email; however, once I entered that along with all other information (login, password, etc), outlook will not open at all so that I can fix anything. I don't even know if I set up the email account correctly as an HTTP either. Please help. http://help.godaddy.com/article/2649 "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1000084-FAC0-4BB2-B5AC-1C...

Outlook appointment templates
how do i create templates for appoinments that i can inset into outlook 2007 I want the templates to keep the time but be variable on the date. The application would be location based shifts, such as medic 32 7a to 7p on tuesday and wednesday and medic 43 on friday. and different next week. You'd need to use a script - the time fields are not persistant in templates. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com ----------------------------------------------------------------...

How to change default "Save as" folder in outlook?
Can anyone help, and tell me how I can change the default folder when you select 'save as'. It always defaults to save in 'C:\My documents'. Can this be changed? ...

Color code FOLDERS in 2000?
Hi, I know you can color code messages, but is there an add-on that lets you color code the folders? TIA, Terry <a href="www.addconsults.com">ADD Consults</a> "The world's only online AD/HD eClinic" Try http://www.slipstick.com or http://outlook-tips.net. However, I have not heard of any utilities that allow color for folders. Perhaps one of the theming sites can help you out. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

Outlook 2003 Sound Problem
When I set the sound function for "New Mail Notification" in the control panel the sound will not play when new messages arrive in Outlook. Anyone else run into this problem? System is: Window XP Pro SP1 MSOffice 2003 See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.office.misc. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6d01c3d3b4$24aa9940$a601280a@phx.gbl, Bonrea wrote: > When I set the sound function for "New Mail Notification&qu...

icon editor
Hello NG, I want to use my owner drawn bitmaps (downsized from bigger images) as my programme icons (16*16,32*32,48*48 with 16,256,16Mio colors). The developer studio denies Copy-Paste my bitmap to my icon ("Paste" stays grayed). What am I doing wrong? How can I insert an external bitmap to my programme icon? Do you perhaps know a programme that manipulates the *.ico file, so that all icon images can be replaced by my bitmaps? Thanx for help in advance, Guido Franzke What version of VC++? I just tested this on VC++ .Net 2003 and it worked fine. AliR. "Guido Franzke&quo...

Error in Outlook 98
Just reinstalled Outlook 98 on newly formatted hard drive. OL98 would not open -- was missing MS097.DLL so copied it from backup. Now OL98 opens and runs. But if try to do certain functions (e.g. customize toolbars) or when shutting down program, get error message: "Outlook has caused an error in MS097.DLL. Outlook wil now close." HELP! ...

I Hate Attachment Icons!!!
When i send a new message to someone with an attachment, the attachment appears as a icon in the middle of my email, wherever my cursor happens to be at the time. I hate the attachment icons. I want my attachments to appear in the attachment Field below the To, Cc, and Subject fields above the message body field. Can someone please tell me how to do this???? Also, when i startup Outlook, a pop up window appears and asks me for my user name, domain, and password everytime. Can i set this so that my outlook automatically uses this information to sign me on whenever i start it up...

during set up tells me that the ost file is not a offline folder #2
when I went to set up outlook when it attempts to create a default folderit tells me that the outlook.ost file is not an offline folder - when I click OK it closes outlook - so I am in a loop ...

Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003
Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003 Yes, your local retailer. Go to the retailer, download the package to = your shopping cart, and proceed to checkout. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, pc asked: | Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003 > Is there somewhere I can download outlook 2003 Yes, you can download a 60-days trial version of Outlook 2003 after registering by microsoft. I have n...

Store database on hand does not match Headquarters on hand
We have just completed physical inventory in most of our locations and I have come across a few items where the on-hand quantity in the store does not match the on-hand quantity in Headquarters. (There are no committed quantities for these items.) Is there a routine to check for mismatches, or better yet, one to sync the numbers? The store quantities should be correct. Found it. 501, then 190. "Rick@ASP" wrote: > We have just completed physical inventory in most of our locations and I have > come across a few items where the on-hand quantity in the store...

Outlook won't close #3
My new system has been freshly formatted and all the junk for the factory removed and replaced by only the software I use, 1 of which is Office 2003. Outlook 2003 has given me problems in the past but not like this. When I close Outlook, it closes the screen but stays in the taskbar and won't close there unless I use task manager and remove it. Sometimes when I try to open it I get the message that it did not open properly before, and would I like to open safe mode. I've updated, tried detect and repair and nothing works. I'm running a P4 3.2 with 1 gig ram and 160 g hard drive w...

Why is there a hand icon on some of my folders in Outlook?
I have been toying around with Archiving folders and all of the sudden some of my subfolders under my inbox have hand icons on them. Why is that? Using Exchange? Are these folders shared perhaps? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Hand Icon on Folders in Outlook" <Hand Icon on Folders in Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D08C6F-4213...

Adding icons to Outlook's Shortcuts Menu
How is it possible to add icons to Outlook's Shortcuts menu? I just recently repaired OfficeXP and when I relaunched Outlook there are now only three icons associated with its shortcuts: Outlook Today, Inbox, and Deleted Items. There used to be other shortcuts -- Contacts, for instance -- but I do not know how to get them back in the Outlook Shortcuts menu. Help! Display the Folder list by going to View > Folder List and then from the folder list drag the folders to the shortcut bar, if you want to reset the Outlook Shortcut Bar to a first run condition then with Outlook closed g...

Propagating Permissions to All Public Folder Subfolders exchange 2000
Hi Folks I need to reset permissions on a upper level public folder and have that folder permissions set on all the sub folders. in a sence I want to overwrite or append (I don't care) all permissions on the sub folders with the new peermissions on the top folder. this was easy in exchange 5.5 but I can't seem to do it in Ex2000. Help. You should be able to do this in Exchange System Manager. Right click on the parent folder and choose All Tasks -> Propagate Settings and you should see a dialog box that will let you propagate the permissions (Folder Rights) - Jim McBee http:...

Outlook Select Names (email address and fax)
I currently use Windows XP with Microsoft Outlook 2002. When I want to send an email and need to Select Names from Outlook Contacts, I click on the "To:" button and the Select Names box comes up for me to select the Names I want to send an email. When I find the Names I want to select, there is not only the email address to send the email, but also a fax number (not needed in list). So here is my question: How do I eliminate the fax number from appearing in the Select Names list? Your reply with Answer is very much appreciated. There isn't any way to do it automatica...

pst: import of the back-up
I needed to reinstall Vista, so, using the (.pst) export file wizard, I backed-up a copy of my Outlook 2007 file. I reinstalled vista and Office 2007 and the only content I can access in Outlook are the Inbox and the sub folders. There are no contacts/calendar detail - which I'm not too concerned at. However, all the content from sent mail is missing - the folder is empty - does a .pst backup not include the sent mail? If the backup should include the sent mail, how do I access them? I've ran the repair tool but it's made no difference? Why would you export to ...

Hand blender
I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender Hello Manuel, And your active directory question is??? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender > "Manuel Oliveira" <moliv89588@aol.com> wrote in message = news:C7B46C40.149%moliv89588@aol.com... >I neede parts for CBS-77 hand blender > Wow, this is a fi...

Two Problem Errors in outlook
I'm getting two errors when I go to detach an attachment to my desktop. I'm running Office 2000 with Widows XP. I'm saving to a *.pst file and we are using POP3 at this client location. Here are the two errors: 1) The document name or path is not valid. try thse suggestions. "Check the file permissions for the document or dive" 2) The document is corrupt and cannot be opened. To try and repair ot, use the Open and Repair command in the Open dialog (File Menu) and select Extract Data when prompted. Could this be a corruption in the *.pst file or could this be corru...

Outlook 2002
when I insert a mail (that's located in my personal folder file) into a new mail, the inserted mail is empty. This always happens when the mail is larger then 15 Kb. The encoding of the inserted mail also changes from "rich text" to "plain text". I don't have the problem in Outlook 97. Does anyone know how to solve this problem (returning to Outlook 97 is not an option!) ...

Importing into Outlook 2003 from Excel 2003
I can not import a Excel 2003 file into Outlook 2003. After following all directions I get to a screen that says: The following actions will be performed. Import "xxx" Into Folder: Contacts. The problem is the next button at the bottom of the page is greyed out so I can not complete the import. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Tim Have you checked the box in the left hand pane when you get to the screen that you mentioned "Tim Romain" <tromain@shockeytours.com> wrote in message news:017d01c3ce38$f6d17b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can not import...

icons on desktop (grrr)
Every time I check my online accounts, Money2003 puts new icons on the desktop for financial institutions. Is there ANY way to turn this off? If no, I won't be buying this product again, that's about the most annoying thing I can imagine. It's forgivable for a crappy piece of shareware, but I PAID for this... Thanks, Kevin In microsoft.public.money, Kevin wrote: >Every time I check my online accounts, Money2003 puts new >icons on the desktop for financial institutions. Is there >ANY way to turn this off? For each version of Money that you run, check Tools-&...

Permanently deleting mail from deleted items folder?
Any one found a way of permanently deleting obvious junk mail from deleted items folder yet or is there any Knowledge Base article on it yet beyond the one which say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly? Generally, emptying the Deleted Items folder permanently deletes the contents. I'm curious, which KB article are you referring to that "say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly"? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fi...

Can't open Outlook 2007
When I try to open Outlook 2007 using on Desktop Icon I get the following error message. After clicking OK it closes the Outlook Window. Outlook problem just started after installing TurboTax 2009 and Outlook Deluxe 2010, but I don't think that is the issue. I am running Office 2207 On Vista Home Premium. 'Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.' Start Outlook with the resetnavpane switch; Start-> type; outlook.exe /resetnavpane (note the space in the command) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Micros...

Can I DisplaySCL using Outlook 2003
Using Exchange 2003 - windows 2003 with IMF all set up, Working good and I am archiving all over 8. Now I need to know how or if I can - display/see the SCL code in the archive and/or Outlook 2003? Anyone? thx "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23h1AaYVGHHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Using Exchange 2003 - windows 2003 with IMF all set up, > > Working good and I am archiving all over 8. > > Now I need to know how or if I can - display/see the SCL code in the archive > and/or Outlook 2003? > > Anyone? > >...