why arent my messages sending?? they go to outbox??

why arent my messages sending?? they go to outbox?? can any one give me some
ideas please?

You first. Post your Outlook version, mail account type, and what
Send/Receive settings you specified for the account in question. You will
then be able to answer your own question instead of trying to make others
read your mind.

--
Russ Valentine
"jason" <jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why arent my messages sending?? they go to outbox?? can any one give me
> some
> ideas please?

0
Russ

disappearing messages in OWA
I have a user who uses OWA to access email away from the office. A couple of times this week, he has logged in and checked new emails. However if he logs in again later in the day, these messages are no longer there (he hasn't deleted them)It's as if Outlook/OWA is removing them after being read. What could be causing this and how do i get the messages back? Found it! He had the view set to display "unread" messages, so they were removed from view after opening. Just had to change the view back to "messages" - Doh! >-----Original Message----- >I have...

In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go reset the view (outside of running a /cleanviews)?
Gurus, In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go about resetting the view (outside of running /cleanviews)? -- Spin Select View > Arrange By > Current View > Define Views . Highlight one of the views and the select Reset button. Just so you know, the cleanviews switch deletes all custom views and resets the built-in ones back to their defaults. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:5njp48Fink5uU1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > In Outlook 2003, how exactly does one go about resetting the view (outside > of running /cleanviews)? > &...

Workbook going bad?
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003 at the moment. We have an excel workbook that was probably started in excel 97 or 2000. It is 36,560kb in size and has 110 worksheets. The file is our competency check offs. Some of these include pictures which were not compressed so that increases the file size. We are beginning to have problems with it. It takes a long time to open up at times. Different problems occur at different times and on different PCs. Not sure if this has any relation but....I work for a large hospital and we have Windows 2003 server, just upgraded our intranet to Sharepoin...

phatom message in Outlook 2003 #2
for some reason outlook 2003 keeps showing 1 message inbox in the all mail folders section when there isn't one. can I clear this --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 080203-0, 02/03/2008 Tested on: 2/5/2008 10:18:58 AM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com ...

mysterious e-mails in outbox
I am having an issue with Outlook 2002. When logging on to get my e-mail the send / receive details box appears and starts to send 5 e-mails. The problem is these 5 e-mails are not in the outbox! Can you tell me what is happenning? These e-mails are also not part of any type of auto response or repsond to sender files. When I seen this this morning I ended my connection so they are still hiding in the out box. How do I find them and delete them? Also is there a way to receive only with Outlook 2002? Thanks for any help you can give. Rocky Just go into the email accoutn options...

Undeliverable messages
Using Exchange 5.5 SP4. What are the messages that appear in the out queue under the originator field have <> instead of a user name? Thanks "BobT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP4. What are the messages that appear >in the out queue under the originator field have <> >instead of a user name? Thanks They are Delivery Service Notificatons (DSN's). Of all the DSN's the most popular is the Non-Delivery Report (NDR). NDR's are sent whenevery your server accepts a message and then discovers that it cann...

Help, error message at starting up
Hi Every time at starting up I get this message: The data file "XXXX" was not closed properly, This file is being checked for problems. As I use two such data files, every time it shows the message twice and spent a lot of time in checking. How do I close the data files properly? I tried close Outlook before I shut down the machine, no difference. system: WinXP SP2; Outlook 2002 SP3 Thanks in advance. ad ...

Error Message #84
Suddenly, when I open Outlook, I get the error message: The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic library ntdll.dll. Anyone know a fix for this? ...

Receives all messages from server, again and again
Lately, Outlook 2002 goes into a mode and retreives all messages on my ISP server, even thought these messages have been retreived before. Any thoughts? Thanks. Bob G'Day Bob, This can happen if: 1. Your ISP has a problem with traffic volumes OR 2. Outlook is not set up properly. CheckOutlook: Go to your Inbox Tools>E-mail Accounts 'View or change existing e-mail accounts' NEXT 'Change' Button 'More Settings...' Button 'Advanced' Tab Make sure the 'Lea...

2005 Small Business send receipt
Hard to believe thata I can't find a way to send a customer receipt when they make a payment. Does anyone know how? I can print a statement, but cannot customize it with my own logo. help? ...

finding related messages
OutlookXP had a nice feature where you could either click at the top of the message, or use a toolbar button to find all messages related to the one selected at the moment. I can't find this very useful feature in Outlook 2003. Grouping by subject only works if all the related messages are in the same mail folder, but not if rules have been set up to move messages from a particular person. It is hard to believe that this feature may have been left out of the new version. Can someone help me with this? Thanks ! ...

retaining messages in sent messages folder
is there a maximum time that Outlook Express will retain messages in the Sent Messages folder? Is there a way to adjust this? Bill ...

the message has not been fully downloaded
"the message has not been fully downloaded" I hate receving this message when I try to open an email on my hotmail account in outlook 2003. I simply would like to open a simple email. What is the problem? Is there a way to solve this unundertsandable problem? If you right click on an item do you have an option to download it fully? "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:emtC6qt3FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > "the message has not been fully downloaded" > > I hate receving this message when I try to open an email on my hotmail ...

Error:The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed
hi! I've customized Contact form for OL-2003.I'm calling a procedure Savedata in Item_Write() in which I need to retiieve userproperties of contactitem and save them to database.Code is dim c as outlook.contactitem Set c = ActiveInspector.CurrentItem ---retrieving some userproperties of c in local variables c.save ---to get entryID As I need to store it in database varEntryId=c.EntryID ---saving userproperties of c and EntryID in database for the statement c.save ,sometimes I get the error stating that "The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed...

Sending Message
It will not allow me to send emails. I put yahoo as my primary server for incoming and outgoing. Did I put in the wrong information? Is your Yahoo account a free one based in the US?=20 address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/index.ht= ml and use the special settings for that service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/p...

Mailbox size limits
If the Exchange Administrator decides to limit the size of email boxes for each person, and the person receives more than that amount in one day before they can even get to them to read them, what happens to the overage? An employee says his emails are being deleted before he even gets to them to move them to his personal folders. Like this morning he had 15 emails in his Inbox but when he left yesterday he had 75. Thanks, Mich The messages should be refused and sent back to the sender - exchange won't delete existing messages when the mailbox is overlimit. 1) What is the mailbox ...

Receive
Outlook 2002 / XP SR2 Recently I have been unable to send emails in Outlook. I can receive with no problems. But for email in my Outbox I get 'Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004210B): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server.' I have 4 accounts and all generate this error. I have found references to a fix for MS Office, but I have three questions. 1) This error does not happen consistently. I can go a few days with no problems sending email but will then go 2-3 days when I can not. Does this mean my problem is related to the fix at ...

Message to RustyOnVBA
Cannot reply to your question "Is there anyway of using a calendar etc"; constantly get error. Try posting again but keep the subject short and place the question in the body because cannot read all of the question in the subject line. -- Regards, OssieMac ...

Attaching tracking/project numbers to email messages?
We use a trouble ticket/project tracking application at work. I was wondering if there is an easy way to configure some sort of custom menu or command that would allow me to easily attach or associate an email message with a 4-digit project ticket number? I'm using Outlook 2002 Right now, I'm just editing the email message and adding the 4 digit number to the end of the subject line. ...

Why is some mail going directly to 'delete' box
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP3). I recently discovered that a couple of incoming e-mail addresses go directly to the 'delete' box. These are email addresses I never would have put into the "junk e-mail" section (and I checked there to be sure), and I didn't give them any specific 'rules'. Why would some emails automatically go to the deleted box? Thanks, james, Seattle Remove the spamblock from my address if emailing me. Open Outlook ==> Click on Tools ==> Organize and check the Junk email settings and adult content settings. Also you might wan...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

Error Message #31
On a new install of Office XP, I an recieving an error message in Outlook 2002 that says "Operations ended! An object could not be found" when the "Send/Receive" button is pressed. has anyone seen this before, and what did you do to resolve it? Thanks ...

Comcast send error with Outlook 2000
Help? I am having a problem that has kicked my ass for many days now. When I open Outlook I am receiving mail just fine, but I can't send any. Message says it can find smtp.comcast.net. Any help would be great... Thanks in advance, Jack make sure , under Settings, that you have checked the box that says 'outgoing server requires authentication' -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices I have tried it both with and without the authentication. I also tried changing the port to 587 (I think that is what is was as an alternate)... and no go. I am having the exact same ...

Opening messages with attachments
I have formatted a computer and installed Windows 2000 with all the service packs. I have installed Office XP and all the service packs. I have configured Outlook XP to access our Exchange server which is located in our office on our LAN. The end user can open almost instantly any email message on the Exchange server except messages that have an attachement or use stationary in the message. When they try to open these messages, it takes about 30 seconds to open the message. Opening the attachment in the email opens almost immediately. This also happens on another PC that I have...

sorting messages in outlook
Hi All, I am using windows xp home sr3 and outlook 2003. I would like to know how or if there is a way to sort messages in my in box so that it will sort like outlook express? Thanks for any help. -- Regards, Gary Metzler send to: gmtravel@bellsouth.net http://www.outtasighttravel.com Msn messenger: gmetzler1150@hotmail.com Skype name: garymetz And how would that be? Why would you expect us to know what you mean? -- Russ Valentine "Gary Metzler" <gmtravel@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:ea45Fm60KHA.6104@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Al...