Why am I getting a 530 Authentication error when I try to email

 Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the
e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530
Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]'

I can receive emails fine, but can not reply.

Have you configured authentication to your SMTP server, the same as your POP
server?

"Bob B" <Bob B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>  Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify
the
> e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530
> Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]'
>
> I can receive emails fine, but can not reply.

0
Kathleen
1/7/2010 5:16:51 PM
It's telling you that you must use SMTP authentication. Check with your mail
service provider as to the correct settings for your account.

:
: Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify
the
: e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530
: Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]'
:
: I can receive emails fine, but can not reply.

0
Tom

MSCOMCTL.OCX runtime error
I am trying to use an older program (developed probably around 2003/4). When I attempt to run it I get the following message: > > Run-time error '339': > > Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly > registered: a file is missing or invalid > I found this website from google, this specific thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/845481.htm so I decided to try doing what was suggested in that thread. None of the things that were suggested helped, then it mentioned something about dependency walker. I opened the ...

Exchange 2000 Holding emails
We are running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 both are service packed etc. also on the 2000 server is Computer Associates etrust version 7 and GFI mail security & essentials. Our email is relayed to us from our ISP Last week one or two users reported that customers had sent emails but did not arrive?. checked the queue's, all okay, sent test messages to our ISP, test messages bounced back okay. looked at the system logs, nothing untoward .. kept an eye on the server all week and everything looked okay ... emails coming in and going out. Or so I thought. Monday morning, came in and f...

530 5.7.1 Relaying not allowed
I can not seem to send mail, I keep getting the error Contact your ISP and ask them to help you with setting up Outlook to authenticate to their SMTP server so you can send mail out. Frustrated wrote: > I can not seem to send mail, I keep getting the error ...

CRM 4 bulk email
I am trying to send bulk email from the quick campaigns, everything looks good - but when I go to System settings it gives me a 'send pending' message, as if I need to 'do' something else. I've checked the box to auto send on completion. Anyone else having this problem? -- Jen This is ok for a short time. emails are not send directly - this is a task of the asynchronous service of crm. and: sometimes the email-router is a bit ... slow. there is a patch around to speed it up: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952019/en-us ...

Outlook 2003 error #16
My PC crashed last night, and when I restarted it, Outlook 2003 gave an error message that the personal folders had been improperly terminated, and it was trying to recover. That message disappeared after a few seconds, and a normal-looking Outlook window came up. But now, when I try to send/recieve email, I get the error message: Task 'Verizon Main - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' Is there a way to recover Outlook without losing the inbox, which contains numerous unread emails? Running Vista Home Premium edition. In the first in...

Email accounts not recognized in Send/Receive
running outlook 2002 under winxp prof on new IBM Thinkpad T40. last night when i hit send/receive nothing happened. it had been working. now when i if i write an email and clicks accounts to select the email account to send from, a fatal error notice appears. so it appears that somehow the pop email section of outlook 2002 is just not funstioning. any help apprciated. tried the knowledge base and the repair functions - nothing sems to address this issue. opa Have you run "Detect and Repair"? "opa" <mace@marriagealive.com> wrote in message news:07a601c357e2$2d...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

A Crystal Beginner

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

Combo Box Yes/No error
Hello. I have a form that I want to add a function in the footer that will allow me to sort the records based on whether they are active or inactive. The field in my table is a yes/no check box that is check for yes and unchecked for no. I have tried to use a combo box with 2 columns, Active and Inactive with corresponding fields yes/no check boxes. I set it up as a 2 column count combo box and hid the yes/no column so active/inactive would appear. I get an error that the expression is too complex.... The information is passed to my query to the Active Yes/No column by using: [Forms]![E...

"Compile error in hidden module: GlobalCodeModule"
Hi, we have 3 versions of office installed 2003, 2007, 2010. We have had no problems with that until a week ago or so. In Word 2003 we have code in a global template which uses a treeview control from mscomctl.ocx. I'm not sure that this is the problem though. I have tried to uncheck the reference to theat control and save the template, but then I get another error message "The disk is full. etc etc". I can't save the template after removing the reference or doing any other editing in that template. This not only occurring on my computer. I suspect a rec...

Get paid while you get online!!

IMF Appending to the Subject of email message
It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages deemed as spam. My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being sent internally are being appended. Does IMF actually have this option or maybe is it something else causing this action? I really need to know how to disable if its IMF. Thanks IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders depending on your threshold settings. C...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Publisher2000,trying to ftp., says check your URL, can't publish,
Can't publish to tripod using ftp. I'm a real newby to this stuff but have checked all other questions. I did enable frontpage on the tripod site. Can you help? Make note that web publication issues should be discussed in our webdesign forum versus this general forum. You should work thru the article - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=158 - as well as review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "javalady33" <javalady33@discussions.microsof...

Error 3314
I previously set a property to True in a subform field in order to prevent users from leaving a Null value. Error 3314 appears when trying to click in the field to enter information. So, you can't even do what the error message is asking you to do. In addition to that, you can't click anywhere else in the main form until Error 3314 is dealt with (trapped!). I don't really have time to deal with this problem, so I decided to just not make it a required field (setting No instead of Yes in design view). Nothing changed! I've even refreshed the tables and this subform ...