Why am I getting a 530 Authentication error when I try to email

  • Follow

 Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the
e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530
Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]'

I can receive emails fine, but can not reply.
0
Reply Utf 1/7/2010 5:08:02 PM

Have you configured authentication to your SMTP server, the same as your POP
server?

"Bob B" <Bob B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>  Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify
the
> e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530
> Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]'
>
> I can receive emails fine, but can not reply.

0
Reply Kathleen 1/7/2010 5:16:51 PM

It's telling you that you must use SMTP authentication. Check with your mail
service provider as to the correct settings for your account.

:
: Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify
the
: e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded: 530
: Authentication is required before sending [R0107005]'
:
: I can receive emails fine, but can not reply.

0
Reply Tom 1/7/2010 5:47:02 PM

(page loaded in 0.042 seconds)

Reply: