When I hit reply my view shrinks to an unreadable size.

I recently installed Outlook 2007 and it was working fine, but suddenly now
when I reply to a message the entire view (including my response) shrinks
down to an illegible size.  It appears normal on the receiving end just not
readable on the sending end.

If I manually enlarge the font so that I can read what I'm typing, the
received email is enormous.

I bet your zoom is off. Do you have a wheel mouse perhaps?

Press Control in the body of your email, and scroll the wheel to make your
font go back to normal size.

"FCarey" <FCarey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed Outlook 2007 and it was working fine, but suddenly
now
> when I reply to a message the entire view (including my response) shrinks
> down to an illegible size.  It appears normal on the receiving end just
not
> readable on the sending end.
>
> If I manually enlarge the font so that I can read what I'm typing, the
> received email is enormous.

32
Kathleen
12/3/2009 6:52:35 PM
Such a simple solution to a perplexing problem.  That solved the issue immediately.

Thanks for your insight.
0
Rich
3/1/2010 9:31:51 PM
I have this problem and am using a laptop with NO wheel mouse.  I have no idea what I pressed to create this since I have no wheel.  Any ideas how to fix it in this case?
2
Bryan
3/18/2010 10:12:48 PM
You probably did it with the touchpad. Use Other Action, Zoom, to put it
back to 100.

Bryan wrote:

> I have this problem and am using a laptop with NO wheel mouse.  I have no idea what I pressed to create this since I have no wheel.  Any ideas how to fix it in this case?
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/When-I-hit-reply-my-view-shrinks-to-an-unreadable-size

12
Bob
3/19/2010 1:25:13 PM
That did it thankis!
2
Bryan
3/19/2010 8:19:40 PM
You're welcome, have a great day!

Bryan wrote:

> That did it thankis!
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/When-I-hit-reply-my-view-shrinks-to-an-unreadable-size

1
Bob

How to verify the size of an editbox item before copying it to a CString ?
Hi all Here's the code : /*******************************************/ CString szPassword; // A test on the text length entered in IDC_EDIT_PASSWORD should be // implemented here // If I enter a very big value for the password, the application bugs // On the following line : GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT_PASSWORD, szPassword); MessageBox(szPassword, "PASSWORD", MB_OK); /*******************************************/ Thank you very much if anyone can help ;) MicroCode2004, You can set the limit of the text in the resource editor. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "__M...

Outlook 2003 Reply to Indicator
When I reply to a message in Outlook 2003 is there a way the original message is marked so I will know if I have replied to it or not? Thanks, Dennis Dennis Hughes <dvhughes@mindspring.com> wrote: > When I reply to a message in Outlook 2003 is there a way the original > message is marked so I will know if I have replied to it or not? Two ways: the mail icon gets a little arrow on it and the Infobar states when you replied. -- Brian Tillman Brian, Thanks. That is exactly what I need. Once you pointed the items out, they are very clear. Dennis "Brian Tillman"...

Set out of office reply for an additional mailbox
Is there any way of setting the out of office auto reply for a mail box that dosen't belong to you? When managers are out they ask me to turn on the out of office assistant for their mailbox (to frinkin lazy to do it before they leave). How can i do this without knowing their password? I am using Exchange 2003 and have already try opening the mailbox in adition to my own in Outlook 2003 and setting the out of office assistant from there but it only sets it for my own. There are 3rd party products to help with this: http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/ To do it yourself, I suspec...

Public Folder
I have a request I'm having trouble filling... Notes: - The idea is (and to stay) contained within our Exch Public Folder(s). - We have task and calendar objects in this location for the specified action described below. The goal: Assign a task and have it display for the user(s) in a calendar view. So far: - I've looked around at views of Tasks, nothing that comes close to a calendar layout. Is this an over-sight on my part? - I've tried making the new task object relate to the new calendar object, no luck. Is there something I pebcaked? - I know the SDK package ca...

How to View Available Dates in Calendar
How does one allow others to see only the available dates in her calendar in Outlook 2002? Hi, if you use an Exchange, the Admin can set the permissions. if you dont use an Exchange and use only your local OL nobody can allow it. Maybe youself! >-----Original Message----- >How does one allow others to see only the available dates >in her calendar in Outlook 2002? >. > which options do I select in Outlook to view my available dates in Outlook. I imagine it would be the same options to select to give permission to others to view available dates if my calendar is bein...

Reply email address addded to personal address book
Hi all, when I reply to an email from someone that I have never recd mail from before their email is added to my address book automatically. I would like to stop this. Articels that I have read say this can be turned off 1. On the Tools menu, click Options. 2. On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options. 3. Click to de-select the Automatically put people I reply to in check box I don't have option 3. Any thoughts? Thanks What version of Outlook are we talking about? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP C...

How can I create stock emails to reply to clients?
Can anyone tell me how to do this please? On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:09:01 -0800, Janet Todd <Janet Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me how to do this please? You'll have to explain your task in more detail. Is this in an Access database (the subject of this forum)? -- John W. Vinson [MVP] For email templates you have a few options: 1. use a service like Constant Contact 2. build it yourself I can describe the basics for how I built email templates into my software. See my website for more details. - create a table to stor...

My home page
is there a way to set a view ... for all users. I know a user themselves can chance their default view, but i would like to change it for everyone. Thanks This is not a supported v1.2 out of the box feature. Please refer to the SDK. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jazz" wrote: > is there a way to set a view ... for all users. > > I know a user themselves can chance their default view, > but i would like to change it for everyone. > > Thanks > i dont think the sdk is useful for this. -- Jo...

How do i/can i use a CEdit control in an SDI app w/o doc/view architecture
I used the MFC app wizard to generate an sdi app w/o the doc/view architecture so my CChildView class ends up being derived from CWnd instead of CView... I added a CEdit *m_pCEdit member to the CChildView class and in the OnCreate function i do m_pCEdit = new CEdit(); and then call Create through m_pCEdit, however the edit control doesn't show up in the window, i've tried setting the style to WS_VISIBLE|WS_CHILD to no avail. Is there something i'm doing wrong? i tried using ::CreateWindowEx using this->m_hwnd for the parent window and that works fine so i've no idea w...

reply not allowed
I have a problem. I can receive messages. Also I can send messages. But I can't reply to e-mail address. What should I do? http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "zizavac" <zizavac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1CCA88-5BEB-4DFB-A41A-C1B9CDF98704@microsoft.com... >I have a problem. I can receive messages. Also I can send messages. But I > can't reply to e-mail address. What should I do? ...

Performance hit on sharing records
Hi, Can anybody tell me the performance hit on using sharing of records between teams? We are considering sharing of custom entities in terms of 10000s of records between 5-6 user teams. What would be the performance hit? Thanks, Hi, No it will not, if you are sharing with the teams, it's only 1 entry added to the principalobjectaccess table. It's not going to be a problem. I have client sharing to hundreds user with couple hundred thousands of records. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 7, 2:47 pm, sb <itssari...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > Can anybody tell...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

Hit Counters on Every Page
I have a large web site hosted on http://www.freeservers.com They allow hit counters on every page - the stats being stored in one file - fpcount.js My site is over 10 years old, and many pages have hits in the thousands. However recently I've noticed that some counters have been reset to zero. I investigated and found that over the years the fpcount.js file has become corrupt. Although I pay Freeservers to host the site all enquiries to their Customer Service about the corruption of the hit counter feature are ignored. Therefore I am seeking a commensurate service. I have tried FP...

if i reply all will a person bcc'd get my reply?
if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply? gee wrote: > if i reply all will a person who was bcc'd get my reply? No, because your e-mail client doesn't get the Bcc header to know what other "blind" copies were sent to recipients other than yourself. Either the sender chose not to divulge the e-mail addresses of all recipients or those recipients requested that their e-mail address be divulged to just anyone the sender wants to send their e-mails. When specifying multiple recipients in the To and/or Cc headers, all those recipients can see (and harvest...

setting view merged data when automating word from Access
I have a client for which I automated word from Access, they want however to see the letter before merging it to a letter/e-mail as they might tailor it slightly What would be the code to add to turn on "view merged data"? Thx, Philip With doc.MailMerge .OpenDataSource Name:=strDatasource .Destination = wdSendToNewDocument .SuppressBlankLines = True With .DataSource .FirstRecord = wdDefaultFirstRecord .LastRecord = wdDefaultLastRecord End With .MailAddressFieldName = "co...

Discussion not notifying me of replies
I've been ticking the "NOTIFY ME OF REPLIES' box on posts, but i'm not being notified. Anyone else having the same problem? anyone know a fix? thanks. Peter Depends entirely on your "host" for this newsgroup. Ask the support staff for the newsgroup-frontend server you are using. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 03/03/10 06:34, PG wrote: > I've been ticking the "NOTIFY ME OF REPLIES' box on posts, but i'm not being > notified. Anyone else having the same problem? anyone know a fix? > thanks. Peter Hi Peter, Yes,...

can't view the subforms
hi, hope somebody can tell me what i did wrong! :( i have a form with 4 pages and each 1 has 3 subforms that get their data from diferent querys, it was working fine but suddenly it doesn't show anything not even the tabs at the top to change pages! in disign view it looks fine ( http://advenet.com/photos/aceavl/picture611.aspx) but when i open it it shows nothing (http://advenet.com/photos/aceavl/picture612.aspx). what happend? thanx. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com What you are describing seems like what you get when the record source for your form returns no...

Change the font size of the Column/Row headers?
Hi Is this possible, & if so, could you point out where? I can't find it. Thanks Dave F. Dave Format>Style>Normal>Modify>Font. Set higher or lower and OK your way out. Note: this will initially change all the cells' font to that setting, but you can change those as you wish. The column and row headers will stay at the new setting. This will not affect previously saved workbooks, just the one you're in. To have this as default, save a workbook with these settings as a Template(*.xlt) Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XL...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...

"Reply To" messages bouncing back.
When a message comes to me and I try to "reply to", the message just comes back to me in the same folder as the message I am replying to. The "to" address is correct, but it always just returns to me. The problem seems to be related to folders. If a message is directly in the inbox it works OK, but if it is in a subfolder of the inbox it doesn't. Maybe this is the wrong way to organize folders? I have all my folders as subfolders of "Inbox" rather than subfolders of "Personal Folders" Thanks for any help TMeisner -- ButtZ <t_p_meisner@hot...

Error viewing or deleting mail from Queue
In MS Crm 4.0 I have one Mail-queue where I've tested a few incoming emails. They arrive in the queue, and I have read them. But now suddenly they have gone into a deadlock: If I try to view the email, I get a new window with an error message saying: "Record is unavailable The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it" If I try to delete an email, a similar message apperars: "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it" Cannot really understand this, anyone else have a good id...

Edit a table while in form view
I have a form that has multiple tabs and subforms. On one of the tabs is a subform with a recordsource that is a query. It shows data from a table in datasheet mode. In that table I have a field "Selected" which is a Yes/No field (checkbox). In form view, I want to be able to check the checkbox in the table in the subform. I don't have that field locked, what other settings should I check? Thanks, Akilah Can you update fields in the query if you open the query by itself? You need to determine whether it is the form that is locking the fields or the query itself. ...

Using VBA to create PDF
I am successfully using Ron de Bruin's Create and mail PDF files with Excel 2007. Here is the relevant snippet from his function: Myvar.ExportAsFixedFormat _ Type:=xlTypePDF, _ FileName:=Fname, _ Quality:=xlQualityMinimum, _ IncludeDocProperties:=True, _ IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _ OpenAfterPublish:=OpenPDFAfterPublish My questions is, where can I learn more of the above settings? Specifically, I would like to set the paper size to Legal. It's defaulting to Letter...

How 2 Reduce Worksheet Size After Deleting?
I am working with an Excel 2002 worksheet that originally had over 63,000 rows. I've deleted most of these rows. Now only 50 remain. However, if I use a shortcut key to get to the bottom of my worksheet, it takes me to row 63646. Is there a way to reduce the size of a worksheet after rows are deleted? I would just copy the rows I need to a new worksheet, but there is formatting and characters that I would lose. Please advise. Thanks. There are instructions here for resetting the used range: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Theo wrote: > I am working wi...

Can't size window
What would override the ability to size my SDI's window? This is what I have: cs.style = WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_CAPTION | WS_THICKFRAME | WS_SYSMENU | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX; When I restore down and click, the cursor changes to size the border, but there is otherwise no effect. I am thinking that I may have done something a few years back to prevent sizing, but I do not see what that would be. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h464d4f3.aspx Also, look under: Window Size and Position http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b5wzwdk7.aspx#_mfc_window_size_and_pos...