Wesite mailto links won't open in Outlook 2007

I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it so
I had to downgrade to Office 2007.  After I did the downgrade when I visit a
website and click an email link nothing happens.  I have tried to look online
but no luck.  I am using Windows 7 as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Its an IE problem, ensure Internet Options show the correct default apps

"Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it
>so
> I had to downgrade to Office 2007.  After I did the downgrade when I visit
> website and click an email link nothing happens.  I have tried to look
> online
> but no luck.  I am using Windows 7 as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
DL
3/4/2010 8:27:23 PM
Start-> Default Programs-> Set your default programs-> Select Outlook and
verify it has all the defaults assigned to it.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it
> so
> I had to downgrade to Office 2007.  After I did the downgrade when I visit
> website and click an email link nothing happens.  I have tried to look
> online
> but no luck.  I am using Windows 7 as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
Roady

Cannot open previous version????
Why does Publisher bother to offer to "save as" a previous version when it won't open it in the requested version? Might it have something to do with FORCING someone to purchase a current version? (OOPS..I used the word purchase when in fact we're just "leasing" software.) McM Xeno Chauvin <arfulbrank@houston.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Why does Publisher bother to offer to "save as" > a previous version when it won't open it in the > requested version? What, you mean like Publisher has been doing since Publisher 2000...

cannot open attachment in owa version 8
When I get an email with an attachment I can't open it, I can only open it as a web page. Once opened as a web page the link for it is at the top and I can open it up. some computers are like this and others let you open up the attachments. "bob" <rlabonte@verizon.net> wrote in message news:eS1N19GYKHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I get an email with an attachment I can't open it, I can only open it > as a web page. Once opened as a web page the link for it is at the top and > I can open it up. > > some computers are like this and othe...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277903.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Automatic link
I have an inventory price list that I would like to link to an Invoice sheet, so everytime I make an invoice, I will have all the products and price list available on my Invoice sheet. Can anyone help me? I wasn't sure how to do it, so I created a list for each category of products on my price list...then what?? Thank you. Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Data Validation at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html and also check out her sample books: 1. Invoice for Selected Number 2. Order Form at: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT...

Outlook 2003 Error #13
Sometimes when I try start Outlook it hangs, I have to go to Task Manager to END TASK. after doing this about three or four times it eventually starts,requesting to be started in SAFE mode, revealing the following error. [Error in registry for extension "Remote Exchange Extensions;8/4/2004 8:04:43 PM CDwnldGroup::GetDownloadLocation: Download location:C:\Program Files\Common Fil.". The syntax or format of the registry is incorrect. Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extension to other extensions in the registry]. Does anyone have a clue what this...

Exchange 2003 link
Why doesn't this link work for me? A registered user in Exchange 2003, named username wants to access the calendar with https://server/exchange/username/calendar The response is just "Page cannot be found 404" /Johan Did you try Http://server...ect ??? >-----Original Message----- >Why doesn't this link work for me? A registered user in >Exchange 2003, named username wants to access the calendar >with > >https://server/exchange/username/calendar > >The response is just "Page cannot be found 404" > >/Johan > > > &...

Adding icons to Outlook's Shortcuts Menu
How is it possible to add icons to Outlook's Shortcuts menu? I just recently repaired OfficeXP and when I relaunched Outlook there are now only three icons associated with its shortcuts: Outlook Today, Inbox, and Deleted Items. There used to be other shortcuts -- Contacts, for instance -- but I do not know how to get them back in the Outlook Shortcuts menu. Help! Display the Folder list by going to View > Folder List and then from the folder list drag the folders to the shortcut bar, if you want to reset the Outlook Shortcut Bar to a first run condition then with Outlook closed g...

Error! while opening Sales Transaction Entry form
Hello Everybody, we are receiving an error "Your previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you believe it has failed, log out of Microsoft Dynamics GP and log back in to recover transactions." while opening Sales Transaction Entry Form & this is happening with one specific User ID only. with other users it is working fine. Several times I tried log out from GP & try again but the result was same as above. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue. -- Administrator, Microsoft Dynamics GreatPlains, Al M...

Outlook 2003, Today Style's
When I change the style in Outlook Today it always reverts to the original 3 column style after I change windows. ...

Old PC is dead, can Outlook contacts be imported?
My old PC fried, I have been able to get my emails in this new Windows mail on another PC, but is there a way to pull old emails and contacts off of a server or something (I know what my Comcast server names are for incoming and outgoing). I don't know if Comcast stores that stuff on a server if I used Outlook. Just to make sure you are talking about contact and emails in Outlook. If it is then you need to get the pst files off of your old computer and have the same version of Outlook installed on your new computer and then put the saved pst files into Outlook to their...

Office Outlook 2007
I just upgraded from Windows Vista to 7, and my outlook 2007 will not load. I use an exchange server and everytime i try to follow the wizard it says outlook is not connected or online? Any ideas? You network connection is broken. "Eddie R" <Eddie R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82C66F52-E810-4621-AA98-A71D3965B2DE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from Windows Vista to 7, and my outlook 2007 will not load. > I use an exchange server and everytime i try to follow the wizard it says > outlook is not connected or online? > Any...

Mailto is not working
I have a user that cannot do a mailto from Internet Explorer 6 using Outlook 2002. When he clicks on the link he gets the following dialog: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The object could not be found. He is using Outlook for all his email. Any ideas? I have checked is URL:MailTo protocol settings and they are correct. ...

Works won't open in Word
On some computers in our environment I can simply right click on a works document and do an open w/ word and the document will come right up. On most I can't though. We are using Office XP 2002, and should all be on the same patch level. Was there an update to office or a setting that needs to be set to make this work on all machines? Do the PCs on which you can't do this have the appropriate Works filter installed? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word ...

Outlook Upgrade Problem
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office XP - everything work fines except my Outlook. When I try to load Outlook I get the following message : "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." I can open outlook if I choose "default" setting , but then I don't have e-mail capability. Any ideas on how to solve this ? Please post or e-mail me at hmoore4016@yahoo.com - since I can't get...

Opening Balance and Integration Manager
Hello everyone! I am using Great Plains version 8 and Integration Manager... Is there a way to import a GL begining balance into Great Plains with Integration Manager? Thanks four your help! Sylvain just import it into the GL a a regular transaction with a date of 1/1/04 HS "Sylvain" <Sylvain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5938753-18AB-4F9A-BF7D-4EAF852544B0@microsoft.com... > Hello everyone! > > I am using Great Plains version 8 and Integration Manager... > > Is there a way to import a GL begining balance into Great Plains with > I...

Link to an email address
Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? Yes, Just add a content editor button that has a mailto tag in the HTML "Dave Eade" wrote: > Hiya folks, I have a "team site" - is there anyway that I can add a link / > button to the home page which will give the oppertunity to send an email? ...

Could not start Outlook express
When I start the Outlook express on my exchange it could not be started. The error is " Cannot start Microsoft Outlook,Unable to open OutlookThe set of folders cannot be opened. I am the Administrator for the machine. I am able to login as an user from different member server. Help would be highly appreciated... Why starting Outlook Express on the server? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden MCSE+I+Messaging "Praveen" <praveen.rajasekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150696414.127643.116690@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > When I start the Outlook express on my ...

Move e-mails back to Yahoo from Outlook
Hello. I apologize if this is a duplicate transmission, but I can't seem to find my original post... I am running Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. Is there a way to auto-transfer all e-mails in an Outlook account/Inbox to a Yahoo account/Inbox? I have a Yahoo e-mail account and when I set up Outlook on my new laptop, all my Yahoo e-mails (Inbox only, not sub-folders) transferred to Outlook. I have found that I prefer Yahoo, so I can be at a friend's house and look at e-mail, so I would like to know how to transfer my messages from Outlook, back into my Yahoo account...

Excel 2007 workbook
Is there a way to duplex print an Excel workbook with 12 sheets? In other words have 6 pages of finished print-out. I've tried every setting I can on my HP CLJ 3800 (Win XP Pro), to no avail. :( If your printer does not support duplex printing you are out of luck without some manipulation of printout. Like print pages 1,3,5,7,9,11 then re-insert to paper tray and print 2,4,6,8,10,12 You speak of 12 sheets...........do you mean 12 worksheets with one printed page each or 12 printed pages from one worksheet? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 12:12:01 -0800, ...

Outlook is constantly asking for Username and Password confirmation
On my home computer it has been a while that Outlook constantly asks me to confirm the Username and Password. No Exchange, just Pop3. Multiple accounts ans irregularly on any of them. I saw a post on the subject in January but cannot find it anymore. I went through hell with this but it was a while ago. You might want to delete and readd the email accounts. I believe that worked for me. "Yaacov Klapisch" wrote: > On my home computer it has been a while that Outlook constantly asks me to > confirm the Username and Password. > No Exchange, just Pop3. Multiple account...

Open page to row 1 instead of row 36
My Excel spreadsheet is opening to row 36, I would like it to open normally to row 1. What can cause one particular spreadsheet to open to row 36? Thank you for any assistance you can give in this matter. Frank If it was saved in that position it will open there as well, ctrl + home (make sure it takes you to A1) and save it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11e501c4d63d$adf525d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My ...

How do I open an archived mail.
I recently auto archived my mail. Now I want to read a mail older than 6 months. I have followed the help instructions for "Restore archived items" but go no where. File | Open | Outlook Data File, then display the Folder List navigation = pane to see all the folders in the archive .pst file that you've opened. = --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/...

URL as link in Email
Hi, Using CRM 4.0 and workflow I send an email. The email contains a field from the parent entity that is of type URL. Problem is that this url is sent as plain text, it is not clickable. Does anybody know if it's possible to use fields of type url in email and have them clickable? It's NOT the default url of a CRM record I want to send, nor a static url. Every record parenting the email will have it's own url. Thanx for any help! Bertil ...

Links blocked from working in Outlook 2003
For some reason, now when I click on a link in an email in Outlook 2003 a dialogue box comes up that says: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I run Norton Internet Security 2004 and have downloaded SP2. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is hapening? Thanks, it is a major pain. Lee See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307818 help with this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstar...

What is the difference between table relationships and links?
I am new to Access & need to understand the differences between a link & a relat ionship to a table or database. I am told the table must be created before the database, but I need several tables for my data. I need to ensure I use the correct method to allow me to create a database using the various connected tables. Please help! A link to a table is basically a connection path to a source of data that exists somewhere other than the current Access application. The data source can be to a table in an MS SQL Server, Oracle, a text file, an Excel sheet, or anoth...