Wesite mailto links won't open in Outlook 2007

  • Follow

I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it so
I had to downgrade to Office 2007.  After I did the downgrade when I visit a
website and click an email link nothing happens.  I have tried to look online
but no luck.  I am using Windows 7 as well.

Thanks,

Mike
0
Reply Utf 3/4/2010 7:44:02 PM

Its an IE problem, ensure Internet Options show the correct default apps

"Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it
>so
> I had to downgrade to Office 2007.  After I did the downgrade when I visit
> website and click an email link nothing happens.  I have tried to look
> online
> but no luck.  I am using Windows 7 as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
Reply DL 3/4/2010 8:27:23 PM

Start-> Default Programs-> Set your default programs-> Select Outlook and
verify it has all the defaults assigned to it.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Mike C" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed Office 2010 but one of my programs was not compatible with it
> so
> I had to downgrade to Office 2007.  After I did the downgrade when I visit
> website and click an email link nothing happens.  I have tried to look
> online
> but no luck.  I am using Windows 7 as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

0
Reply Roady 3/4/2010 8:32:06 PM