The tools menu at the top of Outlook 2007 is missing.

The tools menu on Outlook 2007 is missing. I cannot get it back. The
customize toolbars option does not give an option to bring back the tools
menu. Resetting the toolbars does not work either. .

"jaylieb" <jaylieb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The tools menu on Outlook 2007 is missing. I cannot get it back. The
> customize toolbars option does not give an option to bring back the tools
> menu. Resetting the toolbars does not work either. .

Delete the file %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\outcmd.dat and see if that helps.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

6
Brian

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

cannot find copy design folder command under file menu #2
I want to Copy the design of a folder so that all the folders have same fields in same order such as priority,attachment from,subject etc On the outlook 2003 help menu it gives following steps to copy design of folder however my problem is that under folders on file menu I cannot see click Copy Folder Design. the command is "copy floder name is given & if I use this command whole folder is copied & not the design Help menu text is as follows "On the Go menu, click Folder List. In the Folder List, click the folder you want to copy. On the File menu, point to Folder, ...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

outlook formatting
I have a user that lost her regular font in outlook. everything comes up bold or italic when typing messages. if i go into options it doesn't appear to be there as an option. anyone have any ideas? -- Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) E-mail environment (POP3, Exchange, etc.) 3) Any error messages, numbers (including from the event viewer, provide the event ID and source) 4) Any troubleshooting you've already done so it's not recommended again Thanks! -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook....

Outlook Client Loading Error
An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist. From IE, we can visit MSCRM. From Outlook, some time no problem, some time I get the above error. If I continuesly turn off and turn on outlook for 10 times, there should have 5 times no problem, 5 times error. From the server, no related events ( maybe didn't log them). From local laptop, there are 3 error events: The Microsoft CRM command bar could not be loaded into Microsoft Outlook. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x8000400...

Top Items by Department
Am I missing something, or is it not possible to sort the Top Item reports (both default and downloaded) by department/cetegory? What do I need to do to add these columns to the existing report? Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Beautiful. Thank you very much. Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. "Jeff" wrote: > TT, > > Find one attached. > > -- > * > "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrob...

Color "on top" determined how?
For a chart with several points and lines expressed in different colors, some often overlapping another, what determines what color is "on top" of the other. I have a situation where a data point market is obscured by the error bar of something else. Will re-ordering the data series change this? How? My thanks in advance for any suggestions. Cheers! Brad Hi, Series order will affect how error bars overlay each other but for series on the same axis the markers appear over the error bars. If the series is on the secondary axis then it's markers and error bars will a...

set up meeting in Outlook and block it from being sent to others
Can you set up a meeting in Outlook and block it so others can not be added to the meeting or attendees can not forward it to others? "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49CB2795-9780-4138-81A1-F7ABA966A496@microsoft.com... > Can you set up a meeting in Outlook and block it so others can not be added > to the meeting or attendees can not forward it to others? No. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook 98 #5
Hi, Please can you help me on Outlook 98, I am unable to send mail to some recipients and getting the following message rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org. This error only occurs on some of my mails, I can send mails in all other areas fine. Many thanks, H harvey <hbansel@hotmail.com> wrote: > Please can you help me on Outlook 98, I am unable to send > mail to some recipients and getting the following message > rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org. > > This error only occurs on some of my mails, I can send > mails in all other areas fine. It means that the routers serving those recip...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Outlook will not remember password
Just upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003 and now outlook will not remember password, everytime send/recieve starts it asks for it again. Have tried everything including deleting and reinstaling Office. Please Help! For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express)...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

Backing up Outlook files
How can Outlook folders and e-mails be backed up and retrieved in case of a need to restore or to move to a new PC (in the case of replacing an existing PC)? Thank you I find the simplest way is to locate my *.pst files in My Documents and then they get backed up with everything else on my normal backup routine (changes daily, global weekly). For a one time case, or if you don't want to schedule it, just make a copy of the outlook.pst, mailbox.pst, and archive.pst (and any other .pst you want to save) and put it on another PC or on the server or wherever you want to save it. Be caref...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

Missing appointments in Outlook
WindowsXP Outlook 2003 Appointments that were there last week are now missing. They were not deleted by the creator. One was a recurring appointment. Where do I start? Are you syncing with a PDA like device? Is it visible if you search or use the By Category view? Did you look in the deleted items folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETT...

Outlook will not Open #3
Hello, I have office 2000. For some reason Outlook will not open. I never had a problem before. I did a repair on Office, but that did not fix it. I uninstalled office and reinstalled it. That did not fix my Outlook. All the other programs in Office work fine. What could be the problem with my Outlook? Thank You. "Gapper" said in news:6d6e01c3e69d$df2e3ff0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > Hello, I have office 2000. For some reason Outlook will > not open. I never had a problem before. I did a repair on > Office, but that did not fix it. I uninstalled office and > reinstalled it....

Simple Context Menu using CMenu (in a RichEditCtrl)
This is the context of editing in a RichEditCtrl. All I want to do is create a simple context menu that pops up on right click. Let me mention that I already have implemented a context menu that I use in conjunction with TrackPopupMenu(). However, I want to implement a second context menu with significantly different behavior. The TrackPopupMenu() implementation performs a command (puts a command ID into a message queue) when a menu item is selected, which is the desired behavior. And the menu entries are known at compile time. For the context menu that I wish to implement: 1) The en...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...

Outlook express 6.0 folders
i don't know how to create folders for different mail accounts thanks Francesco Panella cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > i don't know how to create folders for different mail accounts > thanks > > This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If y...

New Outlook
I have office 2002. I will be getting office 2003. I know that I can install office 2003 for word, excel, access and power point. My question is what do I do with Outlook? Can I have only Outlook 2003 and the others for both. This is what I want, is this possible Word 2002 Word 2003 Excel 2002 Excel 2003 Access 2002 Access 2003 Power Point 2002 Power Point 2003 _______ Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance for all your help SteveR7138@msn.com ...

Can't open the Outlook Window
After getting this message I took advice and created a new profile then copied and pasted my inbox and sent box into the new inbox and sent box. How do I get my addresses back? When you created the New Profile all you had to do was add your origonal data file "Trevor" <trevor@nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message news:rPydnSBkWKmlm6TXnZ2dnUVZ8sWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk... > After getting this message I took advice and created a new profile then > copied and pasted my inbox and sent box into the new inbox and sent box. > > How do I get my addresses back?...

Message not delivered to Outlook, but visible on webmail server
I am having intermittent problems with some emails only not being delivered. I knew a client had sent something and it never arrived. I used web-mail to look at the server and there it was. I tried forwarding this to myself, and it still didn't arrive; I tried again to a different account, no difference. An odd thing is that Goggle desktop CAN see them but it says they have been moved or deleted... This has happened several times now. I have 2 computers and the problem affects both of them. The mail WAS delivered to my smartphone. I'd love to know what is causing them not to be ...

Share Workbook is grayed out in the Tools menu
Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 Is that option always greyed out? Or is just greyed out for this workbook? Start a new workbook and test it out. If it's always greyed out, you can try resetting that toolbar: Tools|Customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menu bar click Reset Did that work? Alicia wrote: > > Why is "Share Workbook" grayed out? What do I need to do differently to use > that function? I'm using MS Office Pro 2003 -- Dave Peterson I was able...

reminders in outlook 2002
Good Morning, Why do the reminders stop working/displaying if outlook is not the foreground application? ...