The store was last opened on a different machine?

  • Follow

One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it’s first opened and hangs for a few
minutes… then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning in
event viewer:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer for
the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to pst
files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

0
Reply Utf 12/7/2009 7:39:01 PM

The messages means that two or more machines are using the .ost file.  You
can delete the .ost on said machine and it will create a new one.  This will
stop the message from happening.

"lehan" <lehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
> where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it�?Ts first opened and hangs for
> a few
> minutes�?� then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning
> in
> event viewer:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer
> for
> the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
> The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to
> pst
> files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
> causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

0
Reply neo 12/7/2009 8:56:07 PM

(page loaded in 0.041 seconds)

Reply: