The store was last opened on a different machine?

One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it’s first opened and hangs for a few
minutes… then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning in
event viewer:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer for
the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to pst
files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

The messages means that two or more machines are using the .ost file.  You
can delete the .ost on said machine and it will create a new one.  This will
stop the message from happening.

"lehan" <lehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
> where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it�?Ts first opened and hangs for
> a few
> minutes�?� then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning
> in
> event viewer:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer
> for
> the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
> The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to
> pst
> files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
> causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

0
neo

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Error message when attempting to open Publisher 2000.
Publisher 2000 suddenly stopped responding, produces error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled program a few times but new installations give same results. Thanks for all help! Roz haroz wrote: > Publisher 2000 suddenly stopped responding, produces > error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled > program a few times but new installations give same > results. > Thanks for all help! Roz ============================== What is the error message? -- *Notice* This is not tech support. I am only a volunteer..... Solutions that work for me may n...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Opening Publisher 98 file using publisher 2000
I have a very important document authored using Pub98. Unfortunately, I have upgraded to Pub2000 and when i try to open the pub98 file i get the error message "cannot open file from a different version " Surely there must be a way to open the file with Pub 2000. A very important contract hangs in the balance - Any help would be greatly appreceiated. Thanks Grant By rights you should be able to open the file. If you have Norton: How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us If the file still will not open, sen...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

how do allow two charts with two different chart areas?
Please be more specific as to what you are trying to do. "Omar" <Omar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31C0078E-BED1-46C3-87E8-25120FD598A8@microsoft.com... > ...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Opening a file in a macro (network)
I have a macro that requires opening a file in My Documents. This may be a networking question that may require onsite help but what I was wondering is if there is a way in the code to specify to open a file in My Documents from "the computer you're on" for example (not sure how to word that). I'm trying to avoid having to create a macro for each computer because I will have the same file stored in My Documents on each computer. Does that make sense? For example, the code right now reads (for the computer I am currently on - "Blinds etc" is how the computer i...

How to judge those different messages?
Hello all: I want to call a extern command in a application using vc,for examble using "use net" command,so I want to use the function WinExec,but the command may be return defferent messages,including a successful message,I want to know how to udge those different messages?thanks. ...

last user to access a file
Windows 2003 server and Win XP Pro workstation. Is there a way to know who last accessed a file? Thanks. ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Task Dates in notification email are different than in the schedul
Has anyone ever seen the dates in a notification email for a task, showing different dates than in the schedule? I have a situation where the start date in the notification email (Feb. 15) is 7 days later for the task that is in the actual schedule (Feb. 8); the finish dates are the same (March 19)... Thanks. Phillip: It is possible for the planned start date on an assignment to be different than the planned start date of the task to which it belongs. So, what you describe is not likely a bug, but the result of changes made by the users in question. For example, a resour...

opening dbf file in Excel: "cannot open protected file"
Office 2007 seems unwilling to open any of the dbf's that I'm attempring to move over from an old db program. None appear to have any special security limitations. I've googled the problem and all I get are statements about Excel 2002 and dbf files that begin with the letter "c". Anyone having a similar problem? Thanks. ...

Word display a strange message while we open a file for the first time

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Open Forum Multiple Criteria
Hello, First off, I'd like to thank you all for assisting me in this matter. I'm atrying ot open a forum from another form with multiple matching criteria. Here is the code I have thus far... stLinkCriteria = "[WO_ID]=" & "'" & Me![ID] & "' And [WO_CorpID]=" & "'" & Me![CORP_ID] & "' And [WO_ImportAcct]=" & "'" & Me![ACCT] & """" When I click Open form, it says Microsoft Office Access can't find the field 'ACCT' referred to in yo...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Split Database-HELP!!-1 form opens up blank
I'm in the test stages of splitting an Access97 database (multi-user, multi-facility environment) so that the front end can be opened with Access97 or Access2003 software. All queries, forms, etc. work fine after making the split except for one New Record entry form that has a sub-form tied to it (for automatically adding new customer names). The form opens fine when I log in as the administrator but it opens as a blank screen when I log in as a User in a group with more limited rights. Still, if I right click on the blank form I can click on a sort button that comes up and the form...

Showing last editing date
I was wondering if there is a way to have one cell show the date of when another cell was last edited. You can use a change event. Assume you want cell B1 to track when last A1 was changed. Right click sheet tab, select View Code and paste the macro below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Range("B1").Value = Date End If ErrorHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Hope this helps Rowan "Kenny" wrote: > I was ...

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004
I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing the fonts in Font Book just before it determines they are corrupt. Wierd. <br><br> It has taken me over 1/2 ho...

Last Number in a column to that is not equal to zero
I have an inventory worksheet that I am having trouble with. The total daily inventory column updates daily. At the end of the column, I want a formula that gives the most recent inventory number. For instance 1 15,358 2 15,358 3 19,520 4 19,520 5 19,693 6 0 7 0 8 0 9 0 10 0 11 0 The final field in the inventory column would read 19693. There will always be a whole number for inventory, so the zeros will be replace with the number once the daily inventory is completed. one thing you can try. If you have a header row add +1 =COUNTIF(A:A,">0") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softw...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...

Outlook 2000 does not open messages with double click
Some messages will not open with double click but will open with FILE - OPEN. I'm not determine why the difference. Any thoughts? Thanks! ...