stop my email from resending

why is that sometimes when i go to send on an email with attachment that i
received from someone else, it sits in my outbox and is actually re-sending
itself to the same people over and over. i have to actaully go into my outbox
and delete it but there is nothing in the sent folder to show it got sent at
all.
please help as it isnt good when this happens as friends receive it 20 or so
times...

Is this a relatively large attachment? Is your send/receive set to less than
10 minutes? Do you have AV actively scanning your incoming/outgoing mail?
This could be an issue when you combine all three elements.

Change your send/receive to 10 minutes. Disable AV scanning of your email.
It's not required, your real time scanner will catch everything it's been
updated for.

You can test this by opening Outlook in safe mode:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe
(note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

If you run Windows 7 or Vista:

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe
(same space, same place)

"stacey_f" <stacey_f@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> why is that sometimes when i go to send on an email with attachment that i
> received from someone else, it sits in my outbox and is actually
re-sending
> itself to the same people over and over. i have to actaully go into my
outbox
> and delete it but there is nothing in the sent folder to show it got sent
at
> all.
> please help as it isnt good when this happens as friends receive it 20 or
so
> times...

0
Orland

Combine Email Data
I have two computers. I use Outlook on each. I Use one email account. I would like to be able to somehow be able to keep the two accounts synchronized with each other. I have tried several variations of Importing the PST file, but when I do so it seems to set up a new personal folder. Ideally I would like it to combine the current data with the items I import and neatly sort it all into it's respective folders. I have tried, "dont import duplicates" and "replace duplicates" and havent been able to get my desired result. Any assistance is sincerely appreci...

E2K
Whenever I reboot my Exchange 2000 server, users get old emails again. The emails show unread and appear as if it waa new mail ite. However, they are actually mail that has been read already. The outdated emails only appear after a reboot. It's as if they are stored in a queue or something and the reboot forces them out? Any ideas. As to whats happening. It creates an issue because some of the "bosses" think they missed important emails when in fact they did already get it. Thanks! as a best practice, make a clean shutdown of exchange before restarting the server. dism...

Direct Email Button not available for user
One of my Users does not see the Direct Email Button on any screen, including advanced find or contacts or leads. What privilege do I need to give her to SEND Direct Email (and the button to show up)?? Thanks!! ...

stops responding

copies of email to sent box?
Last weeek we experienced a power outage and had to replace power supply. Since then ,when I send email ,copies will not send to sent box. I have checked OPTIONS and have " send copy to sent box",but it is still not doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Saving/sharing emails
I need to store multiple emails from multiple users into one place regulary. I am struggling with the best way to do this! any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have thought about creating a personal folder and sharing it but cant seem to get the sharing option un blocked out. -- Regards Nickie PST files can't be opened by multiple computers at the same time. There are 3rd party solutions like http://www.olfolders.de/Lang/English/OLfolders/olw1.htm that let this happen. The only other thing I can think of is to export the messages in ..TXT/.HTML/.MSG for...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

What is the file called which holds outlook express email?
I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is called which stores all the email I have saved over the last few years... >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email >system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is >called which stores all the email I have saved over the >last few years... >. > It will either be a xxx.pst or a xxx.ost. Do a search on your hard drive for *.pst and it will show you where your file is located. Corrine ...

emailing myself
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP This just started last week. When I "reply" to an email I have received, (not "reply all) I end up getting a copy of the email sent to myself. But this only happens in subfolders of my inbox, not the inbox itself. For example: I receive an email in my inbox -- I "reply" -- email gets sent to the original sender. If an incoming email is directed to a subfolder because of a rule, when I "reply" there is a copy of that reply email delivered to the same subfolder as the original email. Hope I'm explaining it clear...

Deleting email 11-20-09
Does anyone know how to set an option in Windows mail where the next unread message will NOT automatically display after you delete a previous message? I assume you are reading each message in its own window by double- clicking on it. If so, when done reading that message, close the window, then delete that message from the message list pane. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "carole" <carole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B848A41D-9880-40B9-BEEE-0CC12A4CF5CD@micros...

Email forwarding mailbox filling up
I am using a forwarding mailbox for a CRM4 install and the mailbox is filling up with messages even after they have been copied correctly into CRM history. What is the process for removing these as I thought they would go after being processed? -- PhilD Sometimes the forward mailbox can get hung up if there's a corrupt message, or a message with unexpected characters. If you can manually locate the message and delete it, then re-start the Email Router service, the remaining messages should get removed. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "PhilD" wr...

recipient policy stopped working

Routing outbound email from branch back to main for internet delivery
I've originally setup my single domain, exchange 03 organization like this: main office exchange receives all email and routes email to branch office exchange server for those users. Mailboxes for users are on their respective office servers. So I have two routing groups, one going between main and branch and one for branch to main. In each I also have SMTP connectors for outbound internet email. I want to change this so the outbound email from the branch office routes the mail back to the main office and the main office exchange sends out to the internet. I'm not sure how to reco...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

Outlook 2003, can not open email messages after upgrade.
I have an XP Pro workstation with Office XP that I upgraded to Office 2003. When the upgrade was complete and Outlook is opened, none of the email messages will open when double clicked. Also nothing shows in the reading pane when you select a message. The error I receive suggests that Windows is out of memory and that I should close programs and then try again. The PC has 512MB of RAM and no other programs are open. This behavior occurs even if I uninstall Office XP first and then cleanly install 2003. Updating the installation with the latest patches does nothing to fix thi...

Signature block not automatically loading on outgoing emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop On every email I send, even the replies, my signature block has to be manually inserted on the email. <br> Is there a way to have the signature block automatically insert at the end of the emails? In article <59bb2e1c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <jmilty@officeformac.com> wrote: > On every email I send, even the replies, my signature block has to be > manually inserted on the email. <br> > Is there a way to have the signature block automatically insert at > the end ...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

save my email "sent items" to a document so I can download
I need to make my "sent Items" in my Outlook Email a file to be savesd in my documents . I would like to download them to a CD. Any Ideas? wahoomq wrote: > I need to make my "sent Items" in my Outlook Email a file to be savesd in my > documents . I would like to download them to a CD. Any Ideas? Use auto-archive to move out old items (based on the Modified datestamp, not the Received datestamp) to move them into an archive .pst file. Then copy the archive .pst file from the hard drive to a CD-R. Just remember that you will need to copy that .pst file off the CD-...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Opening hyperlinks in email
When I try to access a web page within a email I have received I get the following message..."this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer". Anyone know what I need to correct in order to view attachments or hyperlinks within email I receive? ...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...