stop my email from resending

why is that sometimes when i go to send on an email with attachment that i
received from someone else, it sits in my outbox and is actually re-sending
itself to the same people over and over. i have to actaully go into my outbox
and delete it but there is nothing in the sent folder to show it got sent at
please help as it isnt good when this happens as friends receive it 20 or so

Is this a relatively large attachment? Is your send/receive set to less than
10 minutes? Do you have AV actively scanning your incoming/outgoing mail?
This could be an issue when you combine all three elements.

Change your send/receive to 10 minutes. Disable AV scanning of your email.
It's not required, your real time scanner will catch everything it's been
updated for.

You can test this by opening Outlook in safe mode:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe
(note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

If you run Windows 7 or Vista:

Start > Start Search > outlook.exe /safe
(same space, same place)

"stacey_f" <> wrote in message
> why is that sometimes when i go to send on an email with attachment that i
> received from someone else, it sits in my outbox and is actually
> itself to the same people over and over. i have to actaully go into my
> and delete it but there is nothing in the sent folder to show it got sent
> all.
> please help as it isnt good when this happens as friends receive it 20 or
> times...

RMS mysteriously stops tendering- help!
We're trying to install RMS on some new machines and the tender function mysteriously stops working not long after it installs. We use Mercury's TPI software (which continues to work on older installations) and it will work for the first couple of test transactions, but inevitably fails not long after. It throws no errors; nothing in RMS, its log, SQL, or even the Event Viewer. We just click... and nothing. There is no consistency between Windows versions (XP SP2, SP3, Vista) except for the persistence of the error. We're desperate! Anyone encountered this before? did you...

Stopping a Loop
This is a great formum. Hope I don't wear out my welcome. I have a form which is filled based upon a search of a specific string in a specific column i.e. 455-203-23. On that form there is a commnad button that calls an addtional search of the database to see if there are other records with the same string exist in the database. It works great, however, I can't get it to stop once its gone through the entire database as it simply goes back to the first record in the database an starts over. Any suggestions as to how to break the code once I've reached the last ro...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Trouble with creating tab stops
This should be very simple but haven't found the answer in all the posts. Following the "Create or modify a tab stop" instructions I can't get the first tab stop to respond to anything but flush left. Center, Decimal, Flush Right all do not seem to work. I'm sure it is simple and something I should be able to do. My many searches re-phrasing to advance the search only take me back to "Create or modify.....". Version? "Midge" <> wrote in message >...

downloading excel file from email problems
I have an Excel spreadsheet someone emailed me. I am not able to open it for some reason. I have WinXP. Excel 2002 or 2003. My Temp Internet files are empty. So are my %TEMP% files. Their version is recent as well.This is the second time the email has been sent to me. No error messages. The first time I tried to download it, a screen smaller than my normal screen seemed to blink quickly then disappear. I checked the Properties of the first file but it said 0 kilobits for all areas. The second email said this informaiton was not available (Properties info). The second email did not blink when...

Adding Attachment in OWA stops Information Store
When users attempt to add an attachment to a new email through OWA, the information store service shuts down. I get an error in the event log that reads: Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 80040115-0514-000006bf>> occurred. If I restart information store service everything seems fine until some tries to add an attachment again. I am running W2k3 Server SBS Standard Edition. I tried installing SP1 for E...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping Synchronization
I need to clear out email that I have synchronized to offline folders. But I cannot select the "only when online" option in the Syncronization tab under the properties. Anyone know how I can unselect the "when offline or online" and select the "only when online" option??? I'm confused - why can't you just delete the items you wish and synchronize to the server again to your mailbox? Or are you saying you want to stop synchronizing certain folders entirely? What version of Outlook, and which folders? Bob Keenan wrote: > I need to clear out email tha...

Can't SEND SSL email out!! Please Help... it HURTZ!
OKay... being a bit silly about he hurting part. I have a strange email issue with some of my computers at home that I use for work. We have 4 computers. 2 of them work FINE, the other 2 have issues. I know the email accounts are working correctly because if I run them on the 2 *good* computers they work like they should. Configurations: (GOOD Notebooks) 1 - HP AMD-XP notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 2 - Sony P4 Notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 (Bad systems) 3 - Dell P3 notebook with WinXP-Pro SP1, Office 2002 4 - Compaq AMD-XP with WinXP-Home SP2, Office 2000 ALl ma...

The DoMenu command was stopped?
I have used the wizard to put a delete record button on my form.. When the button is clicked it says.... Do you want to delete this record etc etc. It gived to options yes and no. Yes just deletes it and all done, if you click no then I get an error message of "the domenu" command was stopped. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? Thanks -- Message posted via In the code generated by the wizard, put an apostrophe in front of the line MsgBox Err.Description. However, this will stop other er...

Outlook 2003 default font for HTML emails
Can someone please advise where the settings are to change the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? I've checked Outlook and Word, can't see to find it. At the moment it's set to Times New Roman 10, but 10 is a bit small, want to make the default 12 or even better still Arial 12... As always, thanks in advance! On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 04:59:06 -0700, "Ivan T. Williams" <> wrote: >Can someone please advise where the settings are to change >the default font for HTML emails in Outlook 2003? > >I've checke...

Export .zip files from emails
Does anyone know of a way to have an email with say a .zip attachment within it have the attachment automatically saved out of the email and to a folder on the server? A user could really do with this sort of functionality as they get around 100 emails from a specific source with these type of attachments a day. Thanks in advance. Mike ...

In row 1 I have my column names. What I want is to be able to scroll through my spreadsheet without having this row move so when I am at the bottom of my spreadsheet I can still tell what column I am working with. I tried adjusting the scoll on the right top side but when I pull the page to the top I get double columns and names?? Click in A2, and then, <Window> <Freeze Panes> Here's an old post that might help explain: -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence withi...

Cannot delete email?
I have not been able to delete any email for the last few days. I have tried to highlight and right click, use the delete button on task bar and tried to open the mail and use the delete key. When using the delete key after the mail is open a box pops up that says "Message could not be deleted". If I try to do it any other way nothing happens. I also cannot place any more addresses on my blocked senders list. I go through the steps to do so and the mail remains. When trying to do this sometimes the Outlook Express locks up and I have to end task it, then usually the compute...

email list in excel..? use to send large list?
I've got a large list of email adresses with other information in exce and I want to send emails to all of those people..I know there is mai merge in microsoft word, but is there any such thing in excel -- Message posted from Plenty of macro code around with a search............... -- Message posted from If you've got Word it's easy to create an e-mail merge with an Excel spreadsheet at the source. Look up "mail merge" in Word's help, not Excel's. I've been using this approach for renewal reminders for ...

email alias
I have two email addresses listed on my account one first initial last name the other first name last initial. Both email addresses have been working for some time but all of a sudden the first initial last name has stopped. I tested the email from DNS Stuff and if I do a test for first name last initial the response is successful but if I try first initial last name it get an unknown RCPT TO response. I tried deleting the email address from my account and put it back but that did not work. I am running exchange 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Does it work internally? If the i...

synchronise emails from different computers
Hi, I have 2 computers, one at home and one in the office. Both computers are using OUtlook 2007. I do not have a Outlook Exchange Server. I would like to know is it possible for me to see the emails i have sent out during office hours from my home PC and vice versa. I realised once i read the emails from the inbox in my home PC, when I get back to office, I don't see those emails in my office PC's inbox anymore. Also those emails i sent out in one machine will not be able to see in another machine. Is there a way such that whatever I have done in one PC, it will be ...

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

EMail #77
I am using XP with Outlook Express 6. I have 4 XP users but when another user is logged on and gets emails they cannot be viewed in another user in outlook. Can anyone please help. Thanks Graham Graham Warner <> wrote: > I am using XP with Outlook Express 6. I have 4 XP users but when > another user is logged on and gets emails they cannot be viewed in > another user in outlook. 1) Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same thing 2) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Stopping an APAY
XP and MS Money 2003. There are 3 APAY accidentally sending that I need to stop. They aren't listed in any bills/deposit areas for me to delete. How do I stop them. Help file is useless. It says right click on bill to stop paying, but as I said there is no bill listed for me to click on. Help TIA Lily Remove ISNOT to reply via email ...

Viewing Publisher email
Some of my recipients get unreadable information when I send an email newsletter created in publisher. I know that I can send a pdf file. Is there a way of adding a process that will let them read the file. I have seen an intro to a message that says if you cannot read this click here. How can one use that kind of facility? Are you converting the publisher document to an email format or just emailing the Publisher document? -- -Robin Corn, Ontarget Publisher Resource Site. "Schone" <> wrote in message...

Steps needed to reply to an email message
I've used Outlook 2003 for years. All of a sudden, when i wish to replay to a message, a little blue box pops up with File, Edit, etc., none of which has anything to do with my replying to the message. Please give me the steps - step by step - to reply to a message. "dingbat" <> wrote in message > I've used Outlook 2003 for years. All of a sudden, when i wish to replay to > a message, a little blue box pops up with File, Edit, etc., none of which > has...

outlook express email
Is there a way for me to delete the microsoft outlook express as my email account. I don't want to mess up any of my other programs or my internet connection. I just do not want to use this as an email box any longer. Thank you Laura Burkett ...

Emails seem to show up when i click on my inbox
We are using Outlook 2000 with exchange server. I have a user that is having an issue where he will have emails sent to him and they do not show up in his inbox. He can have say 3 emails sent to him and they will not show up. If he clicks on his inbox folder they will all appear as new messages. It is like the synch between the client and server is not happening unless he clicks on the folder. Any help would be great... Thanks What version of Windows Desktop are you using?? read MS article 883606 and ICMP UDP being blocked by Windows XP Firewall. We are already running ...

Outlook Client with 2nd email
We have CRM 3.0 deployed, with the Exchange router running and rules deployed. The router seems to be working correctly on my exchange email, only sending those emails to CRM that have the CRM tag. However, I also have a Yahoo POP email delivering mail to my inbox, and the Server side Outlook rule sends every Yahoo mail I receive to the CRM Router mailbox? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any idea how to modify the settings to keep this from happening? That's by design in 3.0, all inbound email to a CRM users mailbox is copied to the router mailbox. Ian "Msullivan&...