Security settings that prevent opening links in received emails?

  • Follow

When I lick on any linked item in a received email while viewing the email in
the preview or after opening the email, I receive a error message that says
"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.  Please contact your system administrator."  Well, this is a home
PC running Windows XP 64-bit and Outlook 2007.  I do use AVG for a
anti-virus, but the weird thing is that this changed over night without me
knowingly making any security changes.  I wasn't even messing around with
settings.  This just happened out of the blue.

Any ideas?
7
Reply Utf 3/10/2010 5:11:02 AM

I should have read more of these posts first.  I will try the answer listed a
few posts down.  Thanks!

"Travis Taylor" wrote:

> When I lick on any linked item in a received email while viewing the email in
> the preview or after opening the email, I receive a error message that says
> "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
> computer.  Please contact your system administrator."  Well, this is a home
> PC running Windows XP 64-bit and Outlook 2007.  I do use AVG for a
> anti-virus, but the weird thing is that this changed over night without me
> knowingly making any security changes.  I wasn't even messing around with
> settings.  This just happened out of the blue.
>
> Any ideas?
0
Reply Utf 3/10/2010 5:20:01 AM

I tried all of the suggestions at the "slipstick" site and none of them
solved the problem.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

"Travis Taylor" wrote:

> I should have read more of these posts first.  I will try the answer listed a
> few posts down.  Thanks!
>
> "Travis Taylor" wrote:
>
> > When I lick on any linked item in a received email while viewing the email in
> > the preview or after opening the email, I receive a error message that says
> > "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this
> > computer.  Please contact your system administrator."  Well, this is a home
> > PC running Windows XP 64-bit and Outlook 2007.  I do use AVG for a
> > anti-virus, but the weird thing is that this changed over night without me
> > knowingly making any security changes.  I wasn't even messing around with
> > settings.  This just happened out of the blue.
> >
> > Any ideas?
0
Reply Utf 3/10/2010 6:35:01 AM

"Travis Taylor" <TravisTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I tried all of the suggestions at the "slipstick" site and none of them
> solved the problem.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

Please continue the discussion in the original thread.  Do not post the same
question multiple times.  There's no need.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 3/10/2010 2:57:04 PM