Remove extra Personal folders and Recovered Personal folders

Follow
Email
I had some trouble with Outlook 2003 corruption. I ran scanpst.exe to help
fix the fault and was eventually left with 2 Recovered Personal Folders and a
second Personal Folder.
I can't delete these unwanted folders, I don't even have permission to open
the second Personal Folder and the Recovered ones can't be opened.
I tried uninstalling Office 2003 completely with Revo Uninstaller (maximum
uninstall) but once I reinstalled Office, it remembered all the settings and
personal folders. I have created a new Personal Folder but that hasn't helped.
This runs on XP SP3.
Does anyone have a fix for this, please?
0
Reply Utf 11/17/2009 2:49:02 PM

either remove the profile and make a new one or see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"sluice" <sluice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had some trouble with Outlook 2003 corruption. I ran scanpst.exe to help
> fix the fault and was eventually left with 2 Recovered Personal Folders
> and a
> second Personal Folder.
> I can't delete these unwanted folders, I don't even have permission to
> open
> the second Personal Folder and the Recovered ones can't be opened.
> I tried uninstalling Office 2003 completely with Revo Uninstaller (maximum
> uninstall) but once I reinstalled Office, it remembered all the settings
> and
> personal folders. I have created a new Personal Folder but that hasn't
> helped.
> This runs on XP SP3.
> Does anyone have a fix for this, please?

0
Reply Diane 11/17/2009 2:57:13 PM
Follow
Email

Remove Excel Icon ??

Public Folder in distribution list #2
I have a public folder that needs to receive a daily newsletter from a newgroup. I set up the appropriate SMTP address on a distribution list, and then assigned the distribution list "Contributor" permissions on the public folder. I added the public folder to the distribution list (as well as one individual who receives it separately). When I send to the distribution list from an external account, I get a bounceback from the public folder SMTP address. Any ideas why? What version of Exchange? Why are you also using a distribution list? You can set the PF to receive mail dire...

Removal

Archiving a folder
Tried to archive a folder by dragging to desktop. I imported back by dragging back to Entourage. it was not a complete archive and included some items that were not in the original Why is this/ On 2010-03-01 18:07:47 -0800, Russ Bankson said: > Tried to archive a folder by dragging to desktop. > > I imported back by dragging back to Entourage. it was not a complete archive > and included some items that were not in the original > > Why is this/ Without seeing the actual data, it would just be a guess. Is this on all folders? -- Diane Ross, Mic...

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Public folder message copies to another user
Is there a way from exchange 2003 to allow mails that come to a public folder to be forwarded or a copy of it sent to anotehr user. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Smith, If you mail enable your public folder, you will get the normal Exchange email tabs, then in Exchange System go to the Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address | Forward To, and type the contact or email account to deliver to. Note this will only work for messages sent to this public folder via its email address. For messages created in the Public Folders directly this method will not wor...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Updating personal calendar
How can I ensure that an entry in a public calendar automatically updates my personal one. Don't need it to work the other way. On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:15:26 -1000, Janet <nharrison@freezone.co.uk> wrote: > How can I ensure that an entry in a public calendar automatically > updates my > personal one. Don't need it to work the other way. > You might try this: http://www.diditbetter.com/Solutions/P2P/overview.asp -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP ...

Need to remove selected characters

Removing password protection on a sheet

Why does priv1.edb increase in size when public folders are replicated?
We have an Exchange 2000 server on one Windows 2000 Server computer and Exchange 2003 on a different Windows 2003 server computer. We noticed that once we turned on replication for the public folders, the pub1.edb file increases in size, as does priv1.edb. There are no other mailboxes in priv1, so that doesn't account for the size increase. If we dismount priv1.edb, we can run eseutil /d and compact it to decrease the size. What you are seeing is normal behavior from my experience. When bringing up dedicated public folder servers, I've seen the mailbox store to grow to be quite...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

personal.xls won't open when I start Excel
Recently, the personal.xls file won't open when I start Excel. The box for "Open all files in " on the general tab under tools/options is blank. When I've tried to change this to the Microsoft Excel startup directory (C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART), which does have the personal.xls fiel in it, it won't let me. As soon as I click OK, it reverts back to a blank box. Any ideas? This is a recent phenomena, as it worked fine for the past 9 months and don't really have any idea as to what I might have changed (if anyth...

Adding and removing removable drives

Size limit when "sending as" a public folder?
Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003, sp 1 We have a user who is trying to bcc about 100 external email addresses when "sending as" a public folder. She has all rights to "send as." When she does this, she gets the message "The operation failed." She can send the same email, but bcc only about 5 users, and the mail goes out. The body of the email is only about 3K, no attachments. Our size limit on sending mail is 10MB, number of users is 20K. Is there a different size limit on email sent as a public folder? Or in a header when bcc'ing vs. sending exposed addre...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

Personal Information and Fonts
Is it possible to specify a particular font always to be used with a specific item of personal information. For example: Organization Name is always in Copperplate Gothic Light? Thanks, Martye Use the Font Schemes options, you can make your own through the Styles and Formatting. It would be as simple as clicking on the font scheme and the personal information will change to that style. Help will show you the way... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martye" <abuse@earthlink.net> wrote in message n...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...