Remove extra Personal folders and Recovered Personal folders

  • Follow

I had some trouble with Outlook 2003 corruption. I ran scanpst.exe to help
fix the fault and was eventually left with 2 Recovered Personal Folders and a
second Personal Folder.
I can't delete these unwanted folders, I don't even have permission to open
the second Personal Folder and the Recovered ones can't be opened.
I tried uninstalling Office 2003 completely with Revo Uninstaller (maximum
uninstall) but once I reinstalled Office, it remembered all the settings and
personal folders. I have created a new Personal Folder but that hasn't helped.
This runs on XP SP3.
Does anyone have a fix for this, please?
0
Reply Utf 11/17/2009 2:49:02 PM

either remove the profile and make a new one or see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"sluice" <sluice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had some trouble with Outlook 2003 corruption. I ran scanpst.exe to help
> fix the fault and was eventually left with 2 Recovered Personal Folders
> and a
> second Personal Folder.
> I can't delete these unwanted folders, I don't even have permission to
> open
> the second Personal Folder and the Recovered ones can't be opened.
> I tried uninstalling Office 2003 completely with Revo Uninstaller (maximum
> uninstall) but once I reinstalled Office, it remembered all the settings
> and
> personal folders. I have created a new Personal Folder but that hasn't
> helped.
> This runs on XP SP3.
> Does anyone have a fix for this, please?

0
Reply Diane 11/17/2009 2:57:13 PM

(page loaded in 3.659 seconds)

Reply: