remove confidentiality notice

  • Follow

I am using Outlook 2007 and would like to know how to remove the
confidentiality notice that appears at the end of my emails. The notice reads
"This message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the
addressee..." Is this generated by Outlook or would it be generated by my
Norton? I don't see where this message is generated from. Thanks for your
help.
0
Reply Utf 4/23/2010 10:06:01 PM

becder wrote:

>I am using Outlook 2007 and would like to know how to remove the
>confidentiality notice that appears at the end of my emails. The notice reads
>"This message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the
>addressee..." Is this generated by Outlook or would it be generated by my
>Norton? I don't see where this message is generated from. Thanks for your
>help.

If you are using your company's email infrastructure, then there is
nothing you can do because companies are required to protect themselves
and your It manager won't help you on this.  However, if you are using
on your stand alone system then the following steps should help remove it:

1.In a new message, on the Message tab, in the Include group, click
Signature, and then click Signatures.
2.On the E-mail Signature tab, under Choose default signature, in the
Replies/forwards list, select none.
3.Click OK.
4.To remove the signature from the message that is currently open, you
must delete it manually.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

0
Reply LD55ZRA 4/23/2010 10:32:25 PM

Do you see it when you compose the message? These disclaimers are generally
added by the mail server after you send the message - so users can't remove
it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"becder" <becder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Outlook 2007 and would like to know how to remove the
> confidentiality notice that appears at the end of my emails. The notice
> reads
> "This message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the
> addressee..." Is this generated by Outlook or would it be generated by my
> Norton? I don't see where this message is generated from. Thanks for your
> help.

0
Reply Diane 4/23/2010 11:09:26 PM

Thanks for your reply. Actually I've just noticed this confidentiality
notation underneath my name when someone has replied to an email. I have also
noticed two and three of these at the end of emails as I have gone back and
forth. This is just on my personal email at home.

So what you are saying Diane, is that this message is being added by my isp
since that is who my email account is with? If this is correct, then I will
check with them. Either I'm not very observant, or this is something new with
my email provider.

Thanks!
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you see it when you compose the message? These disclaimers are generally
> added by the mail server after you send the message - so users can't remove
> it.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>

> "becder" <becder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using Outlook 2007 and would like to know how to remove the
> > confidentiality notice that appears at the end of my emails. The notice
> > reads
> > "This message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the
> > addressee..." Is this generated by Outlook or would it be generated by my
> > Norton? I don't see where this message is generated from. Thanks for your
> > help.

0
Reply Utf 4/23/2010 11:59:01 PM

Yes, its added by the ISP.  It's usually only added to corporate email
accounts - it’s a bit odd if you have a personal account and they are adding
it.

--

> Thanks for your reply. Actually I've just noticed this confidentiality
> notation underneath my name when someone has replied to an email. I have
> also
> noticed two and three of these at the end of emails as I have gone back
> and
> forth. This is just on my personal email at home.
>
> So what you are saying Diane, is that this message is being added by my
> isp
> since that is who my email account is with? If this is correct, then I
> will
> check with them. Either I'm not very observant, or this is something new
> with
> my email provider.
>
> Thanks!
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you see it when you compose the message? These disclaimers are
>> generally
>> added by the mail server after you send the message - so users can't
>> remove
>> it.
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=42402
>>

>> "becder" <becder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am using Outlook 2007 and would like to know how to remove the
>> > confidentiality notice that appears at the end of my emails. The notice
>> > reads
>> > "This message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the
>> > addressee..." Is this generated by Outlook or would it be generated by
>> > my
>> > Norton? I don't see where this message is generated from. Thanks for
>> > your
>> > help.

0
Reply Diane 4/26/2010 1:20:52 AM