preparing to send/receive

When I create an email and click send, the bottom right screen says
"preparing to send/receive...." and it remains.  How can I switch it back to
send/receive

unable to receive hotmail in OE 6
once upon a time msn was my isp. so the "hotmail" email account that i still use is actually @msn.com. i can check it no prob on the web, but i can't get it to work in OE 6. i've set up the account following the steps like it is a regular hotmail account, but when i go to check it always gives me a "service unavailable" message. i tried setting it up using the msn pop3 servers, but that doesn't work either (i guess since i'm no longer an msn customer, i can't log in to their servers). it used to work fine when i had 5.0 (i think) and ran Win 20...

Please help unable to send or receive error 0x8004210A
Task 'pop.rcn.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message,contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I am running Office XP SP 2, Outlook 2002 I found the KB article below. When is this hotfix going to been in patch form??????? Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 827349 OL2002: You Receive 0x8004210A, 0x800CCC0B, and 0x8004210B Error Messages When You Send and Receive E-Mail Message with a POP3 E- Mail Accou...

Can't send emails from exchange 2003
I setup a new box with Exchange 2003. Incoming email works fine, but outgoing mail keeps on getting the error below. My DNS looks good (unless I'm missing something) Any ideas? The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@domain.com on 9/5/2004 9:58 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <server.mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-Verification failed for <Administrator@mydomain.local>> Are you using a POP connector? You can't use mydomain.local for Internet mail. You need to ch...

Delete sending of mail receipt-Outlook 2003 keeps trying to send
In Outlook 2003, I have a read receipt that is trying to be sent through a pop3 account I do not have access to. It has been trying for days. How can I find and delete this read receipt? Happythinker4u wrote: > In Outlook 2003, I have a read receipt that is trying to be sent through a > pop3 account I do not have access to. It has been trying for days. How can I > find and delete this read receipt? Do you have Outlook configured to automatically send receipts? If so, why? Do you have Outlook configured to prompt when to send a requested read receipt and you chose...

? copy groups in windows mail to send to someone else
I have several groups up to 150 emails included, in my windows mail that I need to copy and send to someone else. Is there anyway to copy each group and send without having to copy each email address separately? Create a new email and select the group to send it to (but do not send it). Click the + symbol beside the group in that email's To line to expand and display all of the members of the group. Highlight and copy all of the names. Then paste that into the body of a 2nd new email and send it to your friend for them to use to create their own group. Repeat this proced...

How about IRS tax preparation form that helps prepare refunds.
IRS tax preparation form will help in preparing taxes by showing federal and state refunds, as well as a section for itemizing and deductables. Gives you a break down of your taxes whether you are single, married or a student. ...

Unable to send or receive messages for the {email} acct
I have 5 email accounts in Live Mail and today all of them are getting this message: Unable to send or receive messages for the {email} account. The connection to the server has failed. Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E I have tried removing and adding the accounts but get the same error. It would be hard to believe 5 different providers are having server problems: Hotmail, Gmail and Comcast. Any assistance is appreciated. AV program scanning email incoming/outgoing ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Sending Emails
What is the maximum number of contacts that can be within a distribution list? Why are many of my emails stuck in the outbox and will not be sent? > What is the maximum number of contacts that can be within a distribution > list? The limit of how many recipients you can send to at one time is determined by your mail server. You would have to contact them to find out. WLMail has no limit. > Why are many of my emails stuck in the outbox and will not be sent? I don't know. If they are too big and exceed your server's maximum size limit, the will stay in th...

"Outlook (2003) is preparing the requested view"
Since the October updates were installed to our test systems yesterday (WSUS) we have been seeing that Outlook 2003 is experiencing slow downs when accessing PST files. We are running: Windows XP SP2, Office 2003, Dell hardware (various models). When attempting to browse through any PST files (local or network - yes, network is not supported) Outlook reports back with "Outlook is preparing the requested view" and hangs for anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes. It does eventually display folder contents but very slowly. After having viewed a specific folder it doesn'...

can not send or recive mail
i can not send or recive mail. please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Error Message plz? -- Vijay Sites that I would recommend http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/ Try the Windows Live Mail Beta http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d "suad" <suad@moe.gov.om> wrote in message news:1164514539.062706.154920@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >i can not send or recive mail. please help me > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > ...

Cant receive mail
I receive this message after adding my new email account:- Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (jeclee) account. Signing in to Windows Live ID failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Server Error: 0x80048869 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048869 Temporary usually means access will be restored later..though it can be indicative of other things.. Is the account accessible at Hotmail.com or Mail.live.com(both go to the same place) ? - When accessing ...

Network Connected Outlook 2002- Disable Send Immediately
I have Outlook 2002 on my PC which is connected on the local network. I am using POP3 to send/receive email. I would like to disable the option that sends the mail immediately. The checkbox under Tools/Options/Mail Setup doesnt do it. Outlook Express allows this when connected on a network (I think it waits for the next send/receive to send it), but I dont want to use that. Unfortunately I cannot create a rule for "Before sending" an email.. Any ideas ? ...

send button #8
Where is my send button ? I use aol I did the add email acc. imap. I recieve but can't send. ...

Adding proper X-Received: headers for inbound messages?
Hello all, In Exchange 2003 (running on SBS2003) with the Outlook client, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell which email address was used to route a given message into my mailbox unless this appears in a literal To/Cc header (which hardcore SMTP people like me consider the "body" of the message). I'm on staff at a network consultancy supporting a small number of very large customers, and each one has its own support alias that expands to a distribution list including the proper engineers, and normally it's no problem because the visible To: header tells us. ...

Sending sheets in workbook
Hi, could somebody tell me if there is a way to send different sheets o a workbook to different departments with different emails. I have m information compiled in one workbook (the way I like it) and want t send my worksheets as an attachment to the different departmen directors -- billy2will ----------------------------------------------------------------------- billy2willy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2164 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39078 For the sheet you wish to send, select Edit, Move or Copy S...

Send To vs Open With
My VB6 app looks at the command line when it starts. I want to gather a list of images that the user selected then list them in my app. So far this is what I am seeing on my XP PC ... Note: these all have spaces in the path and\or name so I get double quoted arguments. If I select several image files in windows explorer and then Select Open With Only the first path\filename shows in Command$ So this method seems not to be any good. Is his the expected result? Select Send To I see all path\filenames selected in Command$ The command parser I have treats the first as ...

can not send messages
I tryed sending out a message and this error message popped up The host 'BenLomand' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'driver license', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'BenLomand', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "BenLomand" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail server names from your mail provider. Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of your email address after the @ symbol? That par...

Sending Mail with Outlook #2
Hi, I've just started using Outlook and primarily as my e-mail client. This may be a simple thing, but when write a new e-mail, then click on the send button, the e-mail goes to the outbox, but does not get sent. I need to click on the Send/Receive button to get it to send. Is there a way to make it send the mail as soon as I click the send button? Ta. Neily There's a 'send immediately' option here in OL2002 & OL2003: Tools menu > Options > Mail Setup tab For other version of Outlook: OL97 with Original Internet mail transport: Tools > Services > ...

Preparing for print
This may be a question for another group, but I've been printing from Publicher to Acrobat Distiller to get pdfs. I notice a great loss in graphic quality. Any tips? Thanks, TM After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from TM <t_mccollough@yahoo.com>... > This may be a question for another group, but I've been printing from > Publicher to Acrobat Distiller to get pdfs. I notice a great loss in > graphic quality. Change the options in the Distiller to "Press" or "Print". -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http:...

Emailing picture doesn't connect to Outlook and won't send
With Outlook 2007 and Windows 7, when I try to email a picture, for instance, (right click on it, select send to as attachment) it goes through the hoops but i get the error message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft and start again." Cannot figure out where to go to correct whatever swetting needs to be corrected. Thanks!! -- Marie Is Outlook already running when you try this? Have you already applied Service Pack 2 for Office 2007? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? ...

publisher preparing to install and configure problem
Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught the 'first time' preparing to install and configuring setups, this gets very waring!! I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. I am operating in an windows XP Professional environment. Have you got any virus programs installed? If you have, end the program and then try and install Publisher 2002. Do you get any error messages? If you do, what are they? -- Hi kevin (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Every time I open Publisher 2002 it goes throught || the '...

Send mail to every address book contact?
Is there an easy way to send mail to every contact in your Outlook or OE address book? - Dan In Outlook, you can switch to an unfiltered table view of your Contacts folder (such as By Category), select all items (CTRL+A), then click Actions | New Message to Contact. Of course, your ISP may have a limit on how many recipients you can send to in a single message. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:pw9Wb.141430$U%5.646358@attbi_s03, Dan Calic wrote...

Outlook send and receive error message
In outlook when I press the sent and receive button, at the lower right hand corner, the the send/receive status appears, then the message is send/receive complete. On occation more here lately, I get a send/receive error message with the little yellow triangel. Error 0x800CCC0F. What is causing this to occur at random? What can I do to fix this problem? ...

Errors while sending emails
We are on a network and only one of our workstations (the owner's) is having this error. When creating a new email or replying with or without attachments, the error screen pops up that only says "some errors have occurred" There are no other details. The message sits in the outbox and will continue to send. Receipents get the message multiple times. The only way to stop it is to delete each message. It also does not show up in the sent folder. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a fix for this. Please help!! I need to get this fixed ASAP!!! Thanks in adv...

DoCmd.SendObject to send form
I need a way to send a print preview of a form through an email This is what i have so far DoCmd.SendObject acSendForm, "To_Ship_List", "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", "files@custombrackets.com", "", "", "To Ship List for " & Time() & " " & DATE, "", False, "" the acSendForm is the problem area, i need to send the forms print preview Thanks Matt ...