Outlook will not initialize and run after MS 10-17 security update

After MS 10-17, Outlook will not run...
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
UI[3]=Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working
UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program
UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program
UI[7]=Close the program
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working
AppName=Microsoft Office Outlook
AppPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE

I ran office diags and detect/repair, but no help.
I also saw an error message complaining about a device error on my system,
but none located; and an error about a Trend Micro TEMP module that had a
hash table error, so I disabled TMicro, but that had no affect, either.
I'm lost at this point...the only other things performed on my system
recently were a re-installation of Yahoo Messenger and Adobe 9.3
reader...everything else is functioning nominally.
Any professional assistance would be greatly appreciated...thank you.

Outlook 2007: Text Box Entry for Categories?
My department is migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. I am piloting 2007 and am struggling with categories. We use many categories for our shared mailbox. Every incoming mail item is categorized using one or more categories. Because of the large number of categories and how often they change, most of us are used to just typing them into the text entry box. For instance, a mail item may be categorized as "parts, chrysler, z01112008," the z-number indicating a delivery date. That's what we type in the text box. Once categorized, management can then filter by category to s...

Auto Run a Macro
I have a warrant file saved to our server. I want to run a Macro that when I click on the excel shortcut on the desktop named warrants, the macro will automatically run to open the file, then replace the old one on the server save and then close excel. I can get the macro to work if I open excel, choose the macro and run it. How do I make it work automactically when I double click the excel warrant sheet on the desktop? Thanks, I am confused. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A592F0-F0EF-4B9C-9...

Adding entity in Update Change
Hi, Is there a way to add customize entity when defining new rule on workflow Action> Update Entity? By default, the Update entity of opportunity consists of account, contact, owner and opportunity. I want to add another customize entity there. Is it possible? How to do it? Thx Carrie when you create a relationship between the opportunity and the custom entity the referenced entity list will be auto populated. Note that if the 1 to many relationship exits from opportunity to this custom entity and <opporutnity> refrence entity will appear when creating rules for the custom e...

Outlook express problems.
I recently got an error saying that outlook couldn't open because it couldn't load msoe.dll. I checked that out on microsofts main site and found i need to reinstall outlook, is there any way to do this without losing all of my messages and such? i can't get into the program to back things up, and i'm not sure which files would be the right ones to save. any help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Em "Emerith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27f9301c46463$704422f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently got an error saying that o...

Outlook Attahcements
My attachments show the following error message; OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: .... How do I fix this problem? Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1531f01c41a69$e3b1b8e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My attachments show the following error message; > > OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in > your mail: .... > > How do I fix this problem? ...

Outlook today in Outlook 2007
I can no longer "find" outlook today to put on my navigation pane, so that I can have outlook today be my start up page when I start Outlook. In my 2003 verison I had it. I have the to do bar, which seems to have take it's place. However, none of my permanent items that I have in my calendar, like birthdays, show up on the to do bar. They did show up in Outlook 2003 on the Outlook today page. Click the top of your folder tree to display Outlook Today. "doublemochalover" <doublemochalover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FFFFE2A-024C-4B11-8...

Outlook to Office outlook
I can not get my Office outlook to transfer my outlook express e-mail accounts to it's folder. All the settings are correct. I can not receive or send. However I do get the test mail. Any ideas? Which version of Outlook are you using? What type of account are using? What error messages are you receiving when trying to send and receive? You can use the following article to get more information: 291602.KB.EN-US OL2002: How to Upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;291602 -------------------- >From: "Thomas" &...

Outlook Error Message #36
I am running Windows XP and Office XP for Students and Teachers (Version 2002). When I have more than one user account open, I get the following error message when I when click on the "inbox" header to open up the inbox: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program:C\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE10\OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I don't know what this means or how to fix it. When it happens, I close the error dialogue box and click ...

Import Outlook XP to Outlook 2003
When importing an outlook xp .pst file into outlook 2003, the task owner was changed back to me and 'disconnected' from the tasks on other computers. Now when updates are sent by others and received in the Inbox, I get a message stating that 'the matching task was not found in your task list'. Any ideas how to correct this? Did you try simply moving the .PST file to Outlook 2003 instead of importing from it? Re-using an existing .PST is always preferable to importing -- less gets broken that way. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail addre...

What Custom View in MS Excel is used for?
What is the advantage of using custom view in Microsoft Excel? What does it gives me? Did you ever open a large WB, and then spend time scrolling and navigating to get to the information you need, or have different departments say that they can't find the data that they need? Did the boss ever tell you to create another sheet, just for him, without all the itemizations, so he could just look at the totals, when you know all the information was on the present sheet, and all he would have to do would be to hide some rows and columns? ... BUT ... he's the boss, and you can't tell h...

Calculating time 10-29-07
I have a datbase that tracks timein/ timout for employees. I have a time in field and a time out field. I have been asked to add a field that calculates a persons hours work for that day. How is the simplest way to add this? Shifts can rotate, meaning a person may report on monday and 5PM and not leave till Tuesday at 3am. time is formated to 24 hour time at the moment. Below is what I use, there are probably more elegant solutions Private Sub TimeOff_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Forms!Sales!TimeOff < Forms!Sales!TimeOn Then Forms!Sales!TimeChge = (Forms!Sales!TimeOff + 24#...

Outlook hanging when I try to reply
I have aproblem with my Outlook 2003 hanging when I try to reply to any e-mail. The app just hangs, i get that hourglass on my screen and everything just stalls. When I cancel out it shows a message "apphang" What should I do? Have you tried Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Tracey asked: | I have aproblem with my Outlook ...

update source & changes chart
Hi First, how do i get rid of the slider on the left in this group showing all of the group choices Second, is there a way to automaticely update the source data. I am inserting a new line of data at the top of and existing data set and like adding data at the top of a formula, etc excel does not recognize the new data. Does not appear that charting includes the "titles", thus allowing to add the new data with auto update Third, when I go in and manualy update the source, by changing the row number from 3 to 2, picking up the new row added, the chart changes. It is a time series ch...

Will Outlook 2003 sync with Outlook CE?
I am using a old CE device running CE 3.x. Can I sync with this via serial? Thanks -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). Jeremiah <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote: > I am using a old CE device running CE 3.x. Can I sync with this via > serial? I think so. Try ActiveSync V3.8 or V3.7 -- Brian Tillman ...

Outllook Express Sign on appears in Outlook
A friend of mine has the following problem. We established Outloook as his default email program. After that we deleted his identity in Outlook express. That left his wife's identity in his Outllook express. After we did this his wife's Outlook express sign on screen appears in Outlook. If he cancels everything is fine. I can't find a fix for this. Anyone have any idea what could cause this. Thanks ...

Is it possible to set MS Excel 2K to display in UTF-8 like Intern.
I am trying to open a CSV file that contains Japanese Chars in UTF-8 with excel 2000. When I do open the file, the chars seem to be interpreted in shift-JIS. Is there any way to set excel to view in UTF-8 so that my characters are displayed correctly? ...

Outlook -word
I have this problem: When I want to reply a message my outlook 2002 normally turn on word as edit-program (as I have set up). This funktion has worked normally since I got this program. Suddenly today this will not work. When I tried to reply a message outlook is unable to start word. Can anyone tell me whats wrong? I am able to use the reply-buttom when I turn off word as editing- program. Would be thankful for any answer! ...

Outlook slow to open...
Having just wiped out & re-installed everthing, I am curious why Outlook would take several minuites to open up. The computer is a 950 Athalon with 256MB of ram. The pst is about 1.3GB. Well, that machine is not exactly a powerhouse and 256MB of RAM is pretty lean for Outlook, especially with a PST file that large. Do you have a desktop search tool (Google? Yahoo? MSN? Copernic?) installed? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **...

Outlook Express and Outlook
Am I correct in thinking that MS Office contains only Outlook and not Outlook Express, which is a different programme? Later versions of Office don't contain both by any chance? B.W. Outlook Express was included in XP and earlier Windows versions. Outlook is a part of Office and has nothing in common with Outlook Express except that part of its name. No versions of Office contains OE. All current versions of Office contain MS Outlook. Windows Live Mail is the successor to Outlook Express and runs on XP, Vista and Win7. Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & ...

reading in outlook express emails received and sent in Outlook
Hello, I have saved on a CD in year 2001 emails received or sent with Outlook. I want to read them with Outlook express. How should I proceed ? Thank you. Are they saved individually or in a pst. "Nicole Nolletal1" <nicole.nolletal1@club-internet.fr> wrote in message news:udc%23UJFOGHA.984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have saved on a CD in year 2001 emails received or sent with Outlook. > I want to read them with Outlook express. > How should I proceed ? > > Thank you. > > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:22:49 +0100, "Nicole Nolletal1&...

how to automatically update a cell value?
I have a data table in Excel as follows: Month Percent Jan 2% Feb 7% Mar 4% Apr May Jun I would like to have a separate cell (i.e. Cell X) that will automatically update with the latest value from the data column. In the above example, the Cell X value would be 4%, but if I add additional data to the column, such as 9% in April, the Cell X value would show 9%. How do I create a formula for this? One way, in cell x put =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,B:B)) where column B holds the percentage, format x as percentage -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for e...

2007 Outlook Images in Signatures...
I am really confused. I open Tools, Options, Mail Format, Signatures. Select New Signature, Type in the name, NEW. Type in some various misc. text. Then select the icon to add an image. I then select an image from my hard drive. and select "Insert" When OL2007 gets back to the signature creation screen, the image is no where to be seen. It doesn't display at all, not even a red X. If I create a new email with that signature, I get a red X and a "the image cannot be displayed" error. What am I doing wrong? How do I create signatures with images? Thanks! ...

Outlook Express #109
I use Outlook Express. I have just updated my OS from ME to XP and in an attermpt to bring my email over to Outlook Express (OE) in XP, I cannot get OE to separate my accounts in different views as they were separated before I changed OS. For instance in Define Views I cannot separate emails from before the OS change. Any help out there? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.i...

Outlook sends winmail.dat attachment when Track in CRM is clicked
If a client clicks on Track in CRM button and sends email with attachment, for example .xls file Outlook sends it as an winmail.dat attachment which is unreadable for many people. If the function Track in CRM is not active the attachment is send OK. I have played a bit with format of sent e-mails, e.g. plain text, html but it behaves still in the same way. -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner ...

Question re: Outlook & Outlook Express
I use Outlook for all my emails & Outlook Express for news groups. Each has a different email address. When I "Reply to Group" in Outlook Express, no problem. When I select "Reply", I am prompted for an Outlook profile ( I have two) which, as I understand it, will cause the message to be sent with the Outlook profile and its corresponding email address that I select. Do I need to create a profile or email account or both in Outlook Express or add a profile to Outlook? Either way it would be a different email address than the two in Outlook. I must use a different ...