Outlook email

  • Follow

When trying to send an attachment, I get this message from Outlook system
administrator - "552 5.3.4 a message size of 20482 kilobytes exceeds the size
limit of 20480 kilobytes computed for this transaction."  I do not understand
this.  Is it possible to reset the limits?
Thanks for the info and help.
0
Reply Utf 12/9/2009 6:36:01 PM

What type of mail account do you have? Outlook doesn't have any limits, they
are set by either your ISP or your mail admin on the server.

"drleah" <drleah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to send an attachment, I get this message from Outlook system
> administrator - "552 5.3.4 a message size of 20482 kilobytes exceeds the
size
> limit of 20480 kilobytes computed for this transaction."  I do not
understand
> this.  Is it possible to reset the limits?
> Thanks for the info and help.

0
Reply Kathleen 12/9/2009 6:42:29 PM

Maybe just ZIP your file, looks like your very close to the limit

"drleah" wrote:

> When trying to send an attachment, I get this message from Outlook system
> administrator - "552 5.3.4 a message size of 20482 kilobytes exceeds the size
> limit of 20480 kilobytes computed for this transaction."  I do not understand
> this.  Is it possible to reset the limits?
> Thanks for the info and help.
0
Reply Utf 12/9/2009 7:03:02 PM

drleah wrote:

> When trying to send an attachment, I get this message from Outlook system
> administrator - "552 5.3.4 a message size of 20482 kilobytes exceeds the size
> limit of 20480 kilobytes computed for this transaction."  I do not understand
> this.  Is it possible to reset the limits?
> Thanks for the info and help.

Sure.  Contact the owner or admin of whose unidentified e-mail service you
are trying to use.  It's their property so they decide what quotas to
define.
0
Reply VanguardLH 12/9/2009 10:24:53 PM

(page loaded in 0.046 seconds)