Outlook Connector update...

  • Follow

Outlook 2007, Exchange (2003) connection w' Outlook (Hotmail)
Connector...

I've been prompted for an update.  The update downloads, but, Outlook
does *not* close and restart (waited 1/2 hr).

I continue to get the prompt to update the Outlook Connector - work-
around so far, uninstall it! :)

Is there a direct download to the (updated) O. Connector I can try?

--
Duncan.
0

In article <MPG.264a27b0c77841cb989b5f@news.microsoft.com>, hard@work.ok
says...

> Outlook 2007, Exchange (2003) connection w' Outlook (Hotmail)
> Connector...
>
> I've been prompted for an update.  The update downloads, but, Outlook
> does *not* close and restart (waited 1/2 hr).
>
> I continue to get the prompt to update the Outlook Connector - work-
> around so far, uninstall it! :)
>
> Is there a direct download to the (updated) O. Connector I can try?

Update...

Now when I start Outlook I'm getting dialog:
Microsoft Office Outlook
The Add-in "Outlook Connector Extensions" (msncon32.dll) cannot be
loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the Add-in
manufacturer for an upate.  If no update is available, pelase uninstall
the Add-in.

--
Duncan.
0

In article <MPG.264a28c7484c3e97989b60@news.microsoft.com>, hard@work.ok
says...

> In article <MPG.264a27b0c77841cb989b5f@news.microsoft.com>, hard@work.ok
> says...
> >
> > Outlook 2007, Exchange (2003) connection w' Outlook (Hotmail)
> > Connector...
> >
> > I've been prompted for an update.  The update downloads, but, Outlook
> > does *not* close and restart (waited 1/2 hr).
> >
> > I continue to get the prompt to update the Outlook Connector - work-
> > around so far, uninstall it! :)
> >
> > Is there a direct download to the (updated) O. Connector I can try?
>
> Update...
>
> Now when I start Outlook I'm getting dialog:
> Microsoft Office Outlook
> The Add-in "Outlook Connector Extensions" (msncon32.dll) cannot be
> loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the Add-in
> manufacturer for an upate.  If no update is available, pelase uninstall
> the Add-in.

OK, I've removed the Hotmail a/c from Outlook and all is well.

I assume this is the latest download - for any mugs that wanna try it :)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-
41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

I'm happy to do without it. :)

--
Duncan.
0

Try this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

I downloaded this Version 14 to replace (12.0.6423.1000) and it is working.
0
Reply jcdowning (2) 5/4/2010 1:18:02 AM

In article <OYfwkey6KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, user@msgroups.net/
says...

> Try this link:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
>
> I downloaded this Version 14 to replace (12.0.6423.1000) and it is working.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Outlook-Connector-update

Yep, that's the same link I found to it.  Thanks for letting me know it
works.

Still *not* impressed with the update process - that failed - from the
earlier version (the inplace update).  Just didn't work for me at all,
and left my Outlook in limbo (prompting to update each time it started).

--
Duncan.
0

"Duncan McC" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message

> OK, I've removed the Hotmail a/c from Outlook and all is well.

Why do you have the Outlook Connector installed if you don't want to use a
Hotmail/MSN/Live account?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0