Outlook 2007 Reply Arrows

We have a user in the office, who is having an odd issue with her
Outlook 2007 client. When she replies to emails, the email icon should
have a purple arrow added to it to indicate that the email has been
replied to; in addition to this, when the email is reopened it should
say at the top that the email was replied to and the time at which
that happened.

Unfortunately with a large number of her emails this functionality is
missing. We=92ve only noticed this when users upgraded to Outlook 2007
from Outlook 2003.

We have tried the obvious so need some not so obvious answers!

Cheers
0
AlexYoungTech

"AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Young@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> We have a user in the office, who is having an odd issue with her
> Outlook 2007 client. When she replies to emails, the email icon should
> have a purple arrow added to it to indicate that the email has been
> replied to; in addition to this, when the email is reopened it should
> say at the top that the email was replied to and the time at which
> that happened.
>
> Unfortunately with a large number of her emails this functionality is
> missing. We�ve only noticed this when users upgraded to Outlook 2007
> from Outlook 2003.

What type of account are you using?  Have you tried starting Outlook once with
the /cleanviews command switch?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
1/29/2010 3:57:02 PM
On 29 Jan, 15:57, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > We have a user in the office, who is having an odd issue with her
> > Outlook 2007 client. When she replies to emails, the email icon should
> > have a purple arrow added to it to indicate that the email has been
> > replied to; in addition to this, when the email is reopened it should
> > say at the top that the email was replied to and the time at which
> > that happened.
>
> > Unfortunately with a large number of her emails this functionality is
> > missing. We=92ve only noticed this when users upgraded to Outlook 2007
> > from Outlook 2003.
>
> What type of account are you using? =A0Have you tried starting Outlook on=
ce with
> the /cleanviews command switch?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
just 1 account either affecting 7 people.
0
AlexYoungTech
1/29/2010 4:38:13 PM

> They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
> period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
> get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
> arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
> a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
> just 1 account either affecting 7 people.

I'd clean the forms cache.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
1/29/2010 6:54:55 PM
On 29 Jan, 18:54, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
> > period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
> > get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
> > arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
> > a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
> > just 1 account either affecting 7 people.
>
> I'd clean the forms cache.http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Hi ,

Same issue has occured, any other ideas?

Cheers

Alex
0
AlexYoungTech
2/2/2010 11:23:07 AM
On 2 Feb, 11:23, AlexYoungTech <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote:
> On 29 Jan, 18:54, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
>
> <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > "AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
> > > period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
> > > get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
> > > arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
> > > a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
> > > just 1 account either affecting 7 people.
>
> > I'd clean the forms cache.http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
> > --
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> Hi ,
>
> Same issue has occured, any other ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

Any Ideas chaps?
0
AlexYoungTech
2/3/2010 11:04:53 AM
If you are experiencing the same issue as I am, I have discovered a
workaround, but not an actual solution.  I find that if I right-click a
message and select Reply from that menu, I will see the arrow once the
message is sent.  If I reply via the main Reply button on the toolbar, I do
not.  Once I have replied via right-click, subsequent replies using the main
button will then produce the arrow.

It looks to me like a programming glitch rather than a setting.

Hope this helps!

On Feb 5, 8:35=A0pm, Eskew <Es...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> If you are experiencing the same issue as I am, I have discovered a
> workaround, but not an actual solution. =A0I find that if I right-click a
> message and select Reply from that menu, I will see the arrow once the
> message is sent. =A0If I reply via the main Reply button on the toolbar, =
I do
> not. =A0Once I have replied via right-click, subsequent replies using the=
 main
> button will then produce the arrow.
>
> It looks to me like a programming glitch rather than a setting.
>
> Hope this helps!
>

> "AlexYoungTech" wrote:
> > On 2 Feb, 11:23, AlexYoungTech <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Hi ,
>
> > > Same issue has occured, any other ideas?
>
> > > Cheers
>
> > > Alex
>
> > Any Ideas chaps?

Thanks i'm going to test that now.
0
AlexYoungTech
2/8/2010 11:23:42 AM
On Feb 8, 11:23=A0am, AlexYoungTech <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 8:35=A0pm, Eskew <Es...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > If you are experiencing the same issue as I am, I have discovered a
> > workaround, but not an actual solution. =A0I find that if I right-click=
> > message and select Reply from that menu, I will see the arrow once the
> > message is sent. =A0If I reply via the main Reply button on the toolbar=
, I do
> > not. =A0Once I have replied via right-click, subsequent replies using t=
he main
> > button will then produce the arrow.
>
> > It looks to me like a programming glitch rather than a setting.
>
> > Hope this helps!

> > > Any Ideas chaps?

> Thanks i'm going to test that now.- Hide quoted text -

Hi No luck guys! any other ideas!
0
AlexYoungTech

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Word 2007 Spell Check
I am working on a document with Word 2007. Not sure if this is relevant, but I have added .jpg images and shapes (arrows, lines, etc.). On the first page of my document, if I misspell a word, it is underlined in red and the correct spelling options are provided by right clicking or spell checking. Abruptly, in the next paragraph and for the rest of the document, this no longer occurs. I have intentionally misspelled words, no dice. Not only that, spell check no longer recognizes misspelled words beyond this point. I have reviewd options, formatting, etc and I do not know what is ...