Outlook 2007 Reply Arrows

  • Follow

We have a user in the office, who is having an odd issue with her
Outlook 2007 client. When she replies to emails, the email icon should
have a purple arrow added to it to indicate that the email has been
replied to; in addition to this, when the email is reopened it should
say at the top that the email was replied to and the time at which
that happened.

Unfortunately with a large number of her emails this functionality is
missing. We=92ve only noticed this when users upgraded to Outlook 2007
from Outlook 2003.

We have tried the obvious so need some not so obvious answers!

Cheers
0
Reply AlexYoungTech 1/29/2010 3:41:01 PM

"AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Young@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> We have a user in the office, who is having an odd issue with her
> Outlook 2007 client. When she replies to emails, the email icon should
> have a purple arrow added to it to indicate that the email has been
> replied to; in addition to this, when the email is reopened it should
> say at the top that the email was replied to and the time at which
> that happened.
>
> Unfortunately with a large number of her emails this functionality is
> missing. We�ve only noticed this when users upgraded to Outlook 2007
> from Outlook 2003.

What type of account are you using?  Have you tried starting Outlook once with
the /cleanviews command switch?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 1/29/2010 3:57:02 PM

On 29 Jan, 15:57, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > We have a user in the office, who is having an odd issue with her
> > Outlook 2007 client. When she replies to emails, the email icon should
> > have a purple arrow added to it to indicate that the email has been
> > replied to; in addition to this, when the email is reopened it should
> > say at the top that the email was replied to and the time at which
> > that happened.
>
> > Unfortunately with a large number of her emails this functionality is
> > missing. We=92ve only noticed this when users upgraded to Outlook 2007
> > from Outlook 2003.
>
> What type of account are you using? =A0Have you tried starting Outlook on=
ce with
> the /cleanviews command switch?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
just 1 account either affecting 7 people.
0
Reply AlexYoungTech 1/29/2010 4:38:13 PM

> They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
> period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
> get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
> arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
> a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
> just 1 account either affecting 7 people.

I'd clean the forms cache.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 1/29/2010 6:54:55 PM

On 29 Jan, 18:54, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
> > period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
> > get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
> > arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
> > a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
> > just 1 account either affecting 7 people.
>
> I'd clean the forms cache.http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Hi ,

Same issue has occured, any other ideas?

Cheers

Alex
0
Reply AlexYoungTech 2/2/2010 11:23:07 AM

On 2 Feb, 11:23, AlexYoungTech <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote:
> On 29 Jan, 18:54, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
>
> <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > "AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > They are exchange accounts and yes the /cleanviews helps for a short
> > > period of time and then it comes again. The odd thing is that when you
> > > get a msg sent to you if you reply straight away you dont get the
> > > arrow and if you leave it a while you get the arrow.. this may just be
> > > a weird thing but the problem is intermittent as well. This is not
> > > just 1 account either affecting 7 people.
>
> > I'd clean the forms cache.http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
> > --
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> Hi ,
>
> Same issue has occured, any other ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

Any Ideas chaps?
0
Reply AlexYoungTech 2/3/2010 11:04:53 AM

If you are experiencing the same issue as I am, I have discovered a
workaround, but not an actual solution.  I find that if I right-click a
message and select Reply from that menu, I will see the arrow once the
message is sent.  If I reply via the main Reply button on the toolbar, I do
not.  Once I have replied via right-click, subsequent replies using the main
button will then produce the arrow.

It looks to me like a programming glitch rather than a setting.

Hope this helps!

"AlexYoungTech" wrote:

> On 2 Feb, 11:23, AlexYoungTech <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 29 Jan, 18:54, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
> >
> > <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > "AlexYoungTech" <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > I'd clean the forms cache.http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm
> > > --
> > > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
> >
> > Hi ,
> >
> > Same issue has occured, any other ideas?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Alex
>
> Any Ideas chaps?
> .

0
Reply Utf 2/5/2010 8:35:02 PM

On Feb 5, 8:35=A0pm, Eskew <Es...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> If you are experiencing the same issue as I am, I have discovered a
> workaround, but not an actual solution. =A0I find that if I right-click a
> message and select Reply from that menu, I will see the arrow once the
> message is sent. =A0If I reply via the main Reply button on the toolbar, =
I do
> not. =A0Once I have replied via right-click, subsequent replies using the=
 main
> button will then produce the arrow.
>
> It looks to me like a programming glitch rather than a setting.
>
> Hope this helps!
>

> "AlexYoungTech" wrote:
> > On 2 Feb, 11:23, AlexYoungTech <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Hi ,
>
> > > Same issue has occured, any other ideas?
>
> > > Cheers
>
> > > Alex
>
> > Any Ideas chaps?

Thanks i'm going to test that now.
0
Reply AlexYoungTech 2/8/2010 11:23:42 AM

On Feb 8, 11:23=A0am, AlexYoungTech <Alex.Yo...@redinet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 8:35=A0pm, Eskew <Es...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > If you are experiencing the same issue as I am, I have discovered a
> > workaround, but not an actual solution. =A0I find that if I right-click=
> > message and select Reply from that menu, I will see the arrow once the
> > message is sent. =A0If I reply via the main Reply button on the toolbar=
, I do
> > not. =A0Once I have replied via right-click, subsequent replies using t=
he main
> > button will then produce the arrow.
>
> > It looks to me like a programming glitch rather than a setting.
>
> > Hope this helps!

> > > Any Ideas chaps?

> Thanks i'm going to test that now.- Hide quoted text -

Hi No luck guys! any other ideas!
0
Reply AlexYoungTech 2/8/2010 12:01:53 PM

(page loaded in 0.089 seconds)

Reply: