Outlook 2007 Delay Delivery Problem

  • Follow

I'm having a problem with the Delay Delivery option in Outlook 2007.  All new
messages default to a Delay Delivery of <Today> at 5:00 PM.  How do I turn
this feature off?  As far as I know, I never turned it on in the first place,
all my messages just started being delayed a few days ago!  I have to uncheck
this box in every new message, which is very annoying.  Please help!  Thanks,
--
Carlos
0

I am having the same problem, it keeps ticking the box for 5pm. Can anyone help??

Carlos wrote:

Outlook 2007 Delay Delivery Problem
03-Dec-09

I am having a problem with the Delay Delivery option in Outlook 2007.  All new
messages default to a Delay Delivery of <Today> at 5:00 PM.  How do I turn
this feature off?  As far as I know, I never turned it on in the first place,
all my messages just started being delayed a few days ago!  I have to uncheck
this box in every new message, which is very annoying.  Please help!  Thanks,
--
Carlos

On Thursday, December 03, 2009 3:31 PM
Carlos wrote:

Outlook 2007 Delay Delivery Problem
I am having a problem with the Delay Delivery option in Outlook 2007.  All new
messages default to a Delay Delivery of <Today> at 5:00 PM.  How do I turn
this feature off?  As far as I know, I never turned it on in the first place,
all my messages just started being delayed a few days ago!  I have to uncheck
this box in every new message, which is very annoying.  Please help!  Thanks,
--
Carlos

Build a Selected Text Favorites Utility for your Web Site
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d72a2557-4ffd-4d29-bf1c-86feb39cae83/build-a-selected-text-fav.aspx
0
Reply Rick 2/15/2010 11:11:05 AM

I am having the same problem - someone needs to fix this.

I think it is an address book problem.

It happens when you use the File send feature form word or excel and try to
send to an INTERNAL e-mail address. I can send to an internet e-mail address
but not to someone in my company.

Here are the steps to recreate the issue
Open attachment from Outlook
Do not close the original message or sace the attachment.
Make edits using track changes.
Do not save the file.
Click file, send and when Outlook opens, enter an e-mail address to someone
within your company. Enter their name, not the internet address.
Click Send.
The e-mail sits in the outbox because someone (NOT ME) has checked the delay
delivery button.  Uncheck it and it still won't send.
0
Reply Utf 2/26/2010 4:08:08 PM

I have the exact same problem as discribed below. Was this resolved???

Carlos posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 3:31 PM

Carlos wrote:

Outlook 2007 Delay Delivery Problem
I am having a problem with the Delay Delivery option in Outlook 2007.  All new
messages default to a Delay Delivery of <Today> at 5:00 PM.  How do I turn
this feature off?  As far as I know, I never turned it on in the first place,
all my messages just started being delayed a few days ago!  I have to uncheck
this box in every new message, which is very annoying.  Please help!  Thanks,
--
Carlos

On Monday, February 15, 2010 6:11 AM
Rick Crowley wrote:

Delay Delivery problem Outlook 2007
I am having the same problem, it keeps ticking the box for 5pm. Can anyone help??

On Friday, February 26, 2010 11:08 AM
Walter Lloyd wrote:

I am having the same problem - someone needs to fix this.
I am having the same problem - someone needs to fix this.

I think it is an address book problem.

It happens when you use the File send feature form word or excel and try to
send to an INTERNAL e-mail address. I can send to an internet e-mail address
but not to someone in my company.

Here are the steps to recreate the issue
Open attachment from Outlook
Do not close the original message or sace the attachment.
Make edits using track changes.
Do not save the file.
Click file, send and when Outlook opens, enter an e-mail address to someone
within your company. Enter their name, not the internet address.
Click Send.
The e-mail sits in the outbox because someone (NOT ME) has checked the delay
delivery button.  Uncheck it and it still will not send.

BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4e9e7c92-1279-4fdb-8631-a2f309a021c2/biztalk-configure-and-sen.aspx
0
Reply RAD 3/11/2010 2:32:17 PM

Has anyone identified a solution to this problem.  This began occurring
today.  I'm using Outlook 2007.

I noticed that all email messages that I compose or reply to have a setting
pre-checked. The Delay Delivery - Do Not Deliver Before: option is checked.
It is set to (today) at 5:00PM. I proceed to uncheck the setting and close
the Delay Delivery Options. When I reopen the Delay Delivery options in the
same email the setting is checked once again. I can not find a way to remove
this check box. Any ideas how to correct this?

0
Reply Utf 4/6/2010 8:04:01 AM

"upitt2" <upitt2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I noticed that all email messages that I compose or reply to have a setting
> pre-checked. The Delay Delivery - Do Not Deliver Before: option is checked.
> It is set to (today) at 5:00PM. I proceed to uncheck the setting and close
> the Delay Delivery Options. When I reopen the Delay Delivery options in the
> same email the setting is checked once again. I can not find a way to remove
> this check box. Any ideas how to correct this?

Are you in a work or a home environment?  If the former, perhaps the delay has
been enabled by policy.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 4/6/2010 2:49:39 PM

Brian, thank you for the quick reply!  I am in a home environment.  I've even
gone so far as to set up a new email profile, but without any luck.  The new
profile treats new email and reply emails the same - they are all pre-checked
with delay delivery, do not deliver before (today) 5:00PM...  One other
point, I also opened Outlook in safe mode and the same problem exists.  Here
is some additional informaion...

I am using Outlook 2007 SP 2 on a home computer with Yahoo POP3 email
accounts. All incoming mail is being received timely in Outlook 2007! The
problem is only with sending email messages. My laptop is using SP2 on
Windows XP Home 2002 SP3. All updates are current. Also using Norton Internet
Security 2010 - not sure this is important, but I felt more information is
better than less...

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "upitt2" <upitt2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I noticed that all email messages that I compose or reply to have a setting
> > pre-checked. The Delay Delivery - Do Not Deliver Before: option is checked.
> > It is set to (today) at 5:00PM. I proceed to uncheck the setting and close
> > the Delay Delivery Options. When I reopen the Delay Delivery options in the
> > same email the setting is checked once again. I can not find a way to remove
> > this check box. Any ideas how to correct this?
>
> Are you in a work or a home environment?  If the former, perhaps the delay has
> been enabled by policy.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 4/6/2010 3:40:01 PM

> Also using Norton Internet
> Security 2010 - not sure this is important, but I felt more information is
> better than less...

It could be significant.  Do you have NIS configured to integrate with
Outlook?  If so, uninstall it and reinstall it without the mail scanning
feature.  See if that makes a difference.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 4/6/2010 8:43:13 PM

Sorry for the delay, but my problem still exists with new and reply emails
being permanently checked with delay delivery until (today) at 5:00pm.  Here
are the latest steps I have taken in the past few days:

- Brian, followed your advice and uninstalled Norton Internet Security.
This did not correct the issue.
-  Next I performed a system restore on my laptop and the problem still
exists.  I must note, after the restore I performed all the Norton updates
and all the XP updates prior to reinstalling Outlook 2007 and testing an
email. (I'm mentioning this - maybe there is an issue with an update?  Should
I have formatted the C drive prior to the restore as I did not reformat the C
drive prior?)  Anyway, as soon as I installed Outlook, I opened a new email
and it was defaulted to delay delivery until (today) at 5:00...

I'm truly lost on a solution at this point...  Do you have any further
suggestions?

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "upitt2" <upitt2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Also using Norton Internet
> > Security 2010 - not sure this is important, but I felt more information is
> > better than less...
>
> It could be significant.  Do you have NIS configured to integrate with
> Outlook?  If so, uninstall it and reinstall it without the mail scanning
> feature.  See if that makes a difference.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 4/11/2010 7:00:01 AM

> - Brian, followed your advice and uninstalled Norton Internet Security.
> This did not correct the issue.
> -  Next I performed a system restore on my laptop and the problem still
> exists.  I must note, after the restore I performed all the Norton updates
> and all the XP updates prior to reinstalling Outlook 2007 and testing an
> email. (I'm mentioning this - maybe there is an issue with an update?
> Should
> I have formatted the C drive prior to the restore as I did not reformat the
> drive prior?)  Anyway, as soon as I installed Outlook, I opened a new email
> and it was defaulted to delay delivery until (today) at 5:00...
>
> I'm truly lost on a solution at this point...  Do you have any further
> suggestions?

Try a new mail profile.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]