Missing Unread emails

Hi, I'm using outlook 2007.

My unread email folder has (53) showing next to it in my folder tree but
when I open the folder there are no messages showing.

I received copies today of some emails I hadn't "received" from colleagues.
I have some filters set up but I can't locate the missing unread emails in
any of my folders.

From searching the forums it seems to be a common problem but I can't find a
fix to locate the missing unread items.

Help!
-1

"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I'm using outlook 2007.
>
> My unread email folder has (53) showing next to it in my folder tree but
> when I open the folder there are no messages showing.
>
> I received copies today of some emails I hadn't "received" from colleagues.
> I have some filters set up but I can't locate the missing unread emails in
> any of my folders.
>
> From searching the forums it seems to be a common problem but I can't find a
> fix to locate the missing unread items.

Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews command switch.  This should
erase the view settings you made that are hiding your data.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Missing files

Updated Junk email fiters list
Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 -- marx404 "mjh404" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u9Lwb.2287$zu1.1375423@news2.news.adelphia.net... > Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how > to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. > > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C > TT=6&...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Submit button to email
Hello everyone, I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. Create a report based on the current record and then use SendObject to send the e-mail. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "shwinn" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I am trying to code a submit button on my form that will export the data > entered and then send it in email format. Any suggestions would help. ...

Emails #17
I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) Aries wrote: > I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the > inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a > function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) You have our sympathy. Contact AOL with your question. ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Case Emails
I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a third party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from within a Case activity. I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I really dont want to do. Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to only give me access to global and account templates rather than case based templates I require. I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access it? Hi Jeff, To access case template from an email activity you would need to set...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

hyperlinks corrupted when emailed
I have attempted to use hyperlinks to other Excel files on speadsheets that were later distributed through a network email system. The email system used is GroupWise. The links work on the sheet until it is emailed. I have emailed this to myself and it doesn't work after making the trip so it appears not to be a path or file access issue. The files I am linking to are on a shared network drive Thanks in advance ...

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Email pdf invoice?
Is it possible to email a pdf of an invoice directly from GP10? If you know how, can you tell me how to do it? thanks Ian Ian, You must have a pdf writer setup on your local machine and Outlook must be running as your default email program. Then, to email an invoice, print the invoice to screen, click the 'Send To' button at the top of the Screen Output window, select 'Mail Recipient (PDF)'. Outlook will open, enter the email address to send it to and hit 'Send'. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com To expand a bit...if...

Test for attachment when sending email
Am I missing a setting somewhere so that Outlook checks to see if I have an attachment in any email with the word "attach", "attached", "attachment" when I hit SEND? (Outlook 2007) Not a setting, no, but there is an add-in that can do it. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/oltools.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Bryn" <Bryn@discussions...

Create a rule to mark message as UNREAD when arrived ?
I am using Outlook 2007, which receives E-mails from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. We are sharing a common E-Mail Box. If before I check my E-Mail, someone else has checked the E-Mails of today and replied, and after that, I logon and check same E-Mails, all E-Mails received by me are received as marked "READ". How can I create a rule so that any E-Mail I receive should be marked as "UNREAD". Best Regards, Luqman You can't as they are received already. You could assign categories for when you've read an item. This way the people you share the mailbox ...

Attaching Chart to Email?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, and derived from it 5 charts. How can I attach one of the charts to an email to send to someone? (I know how to attach the whole spreadsheet, and the associated charts, but I don't want to send the spreadsheet and the other 4 charts, because they contain data not appropriate to share with the email recipient.) Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Hi CWLee Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/mai...

Missing Message Text

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

one corrupt email
Hello all We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email. WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]Top of Information StoreInbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars> Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn t...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

Deletion of a users email
Hi, I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but cannot get into my boss' email to delete this message. help anyone? This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message news:c102mq$fnm$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi, > > I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing > how I was loo...

Comcast Email
Well it looks like Comcast telephone "techs" know less than I thought. If you are using a Comcast high speed account away from your home you are supposed to set up different server ports than if you are using it at your home account. http://faq.comcast.net/faq/answer.jsp?name=17717&cat=Email&subcategory=Outlook%20Express It took 6 telephone "techs" and 3 weeks to finally get this information from a family friend! My daughter has her own Comcast account but she is using her email from the account at my house she used when she lived there. Comcast said it will work fi...