Missing Unread emails

  • Follow

Hi, I'm using outlook 2007.

My unread email folder has (53) showing next to it in my folder tree but
when I open the folder there are no messages showing.

I received copies today of some emails I hadn't "received" from colleagues.
I have some filters set up but I can't locate the missing unread emails in
any of my folders.

From searching the forums it seems to be a common problem but I can't find a
fix to locate the missing unread items.

Help!
-1
Reply Utf 2/16/2010 8:32:06 PM

"Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I'm using outlook 2007.
>
> My unread email folder has (53) showing next to it in my folder tree but
> when I open the folder there are no messages showing.
>
> I received copies today of some emails I hadn't "received" from colleagues.
> I have some filters set up but I can't locate the missing unread emails in
> any of my folders.
>
> From searching the forums it seems to be a common problem but I can't find a
> fix to locate the missing unread items.

Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews command switch.  This should
erase the view settings you made that are hiding your data.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 2/17/2010 2:10:34 PM