Microsot Office Outlook and Win 7-- cannot send and receive emails

I just got Win 7 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.

I added my email addresses ( i have 4 different names on this computer with
3 diff. email addys)....

On the administrator name, all of a sudden the send /receive button stopped
working. I CAN send emails but when I run a test email, I cannot receive any
emails.

When I go onto my COMCAST MAIL SITE, the emails that I am supposed to
receive ARE THERE...but on the Office Outlook 2007, they are not...This is
ONLY happening on ONE of 4 different Offce outlook
emails...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has this been a clean install or an upgrade from Windows Vista?
If you configure this account in a new separate mail profile, does it work
then?

For details see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just got Win 7 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
>
> I added my email addresses ( i have 4 different names on this computer
> with
> 3 diff. email addys)....
>
> On the administrator name, all of a sudden the send /receive button
> stopped
> working. I CAN send emails but when I run a test email, I cannot receive
> any
> emails.
>
> When I go onto my COMCAST MAIL SITE, the emails that I am supposed to
> receive ARE THERE...but on the Office Outlook 2007, they are not...This is
> ONLY happening on ONE of 4 different Offce outlook
> emails...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0
Roady

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

Yahoo emails to Outlook
Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. and what is POP? Yahoo! mail requires a paid account to download and use through Outlook. Look on their page and query help files there. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Iza asked: | Hi, does anybody know how to transfer emails from Yahoo to Outlook. | and what is POP? Thank you Milly, now what about gmail? Does it also requires paid account? ...

Outlook setup #7
I just switched from OE to Outlook for my email. 1) How do I set it to go directly to my Inbox upon opening? 2) Can I set the frequency for checking for new email? Thanks. There are 7 versions of Outlook in current use. We would need to know which you are using. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7931678C-0ECD-4CDA-AD9D-15BD7CDFB50B@microsoft.com... >I just switched from OE to Outlook for my email. 1) How do I set it to go > directly to my Inbox upon opening? 2) Can I set the frequency for > ...

Out-of-office twin replies

Mailbox Manager #7
My apologies if this post duplicates but after 1 hour my original posts still haven't posted: I am looking to use MS Mailbox Manager for retention policies on Exchange. I initially looked in to this utility when I was running Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4 and running it in audit mode it seemed to work great. Management nixed the plan so it was never fully implemented. Now, after reaching our 16GB IS store limit with Exchange 5.5 Standard Edition is has become a priority to put this in effect. The problem I know have is that we have moved Exchange 5.5 to a Windows 2000 Server and during t...

Unneeded .txt attachments in Outlook 2002
Recently, for no apparent reason, my e-mails come in as usual, with one exception. They all come with a .txt file as an attachment. When the .txt file is opened, a notepad window opens displaying all the same exact contents as in the body of the e-mail, only in the attachment, everything is plain text. This never happened before and I cannot find any reference to this problem. How can I block these redundant .txt attachments????? Thank you for your knowledge! -Steve Have you restarted Outlook and/or rebooted your machine lately? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to m...

Create Invoice to Customer before Invoice from Vendor is Received
We need to create Sales Order, then use it to create Purchase Order and transfer Order to Customer Invoice BEFORE we receive invoice from vendor. We are often doing drop shipments, and our drop shipment vendor bills us more slowly than we want to bill our customers. If we create PO from Order, then we cannot transfer Order to Invoice until we match vendor invoice to PO. We cannot afford to wait for Vendor bill - cash flow issues, you know. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggesti...

outlook 2003 #358
Hi, I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. How can I do? Thanks Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive and highlight your account and then Edit and look on that page and it will show you there on what to do -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "xxx" <xxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eMzdWYgrJHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. > > How can I do?...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Lock down Outlook
Hi. Is there any way to lock down the possibilty to use Outlook in any way. Outlook2000 Mariah MN, you wrote on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:53:25 +0200: > Hi. Is there any way to lock down the possibilty to use Outlook in any way. Remove the Outlook-Icon on your desktop and rename the file "outlook.exe" in Outlook's program folder. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! "MN" <MN@nospam.com> wrote in message news:##ZGssAwFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl > Hi. Is t...

Outlook 2003 Message Field "In Folder"
Hello, I am having a problem (I think) with moving messages in Outlook. I move a message for example from the Inbox into the Drafts folder, and the "in folder" field on the message shows Inbox, instead of Drafts. This only seems to happen when moving messages to the Drafts folder. Is this meant to do this or should the "In Folder" field say Drafts and not the previous folder the message was in? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Appologies the user has informed me that this happens when moving messages to ANY folder, the previuos folder name is dis...

Cannot send mail either!!!
Hello please see error message below. Is there a straightforward fix for this. I read the other post regarding .dll -- I am more confused. I am running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit and IE 7. This has been going on for several days. I tried to download the update mentioned KB978542 and it says "not applicable to my system", thus this is not the culprit for my system, yet same timing and problem as others who have recently posted. Losing work day by day due to inability to email. Is Microsoft going to be accountable?? The message could not be sent. The authenticati...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Sharing Folders (net folders) in Outlook 2002/XP
I'm trying to share a contacts & calendar folders from a laptop (running Windows 2000 Pro & Outlook 2000) to a desktop (running Windows XP Pro & Outlook 2002). Problem is when I receive the "new subscription to contacts/calendar" email the "ACCEPT" button doesn't show. I have already tested it successfully on another Windows 2000/Outlook 2000 machine, but can't get it to work in XP/Outlook 2002. Please advise. Thanks! ...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

outlook:// link to bring up post items?
I am somewhat familiar with the outlook: protocol style links to interact with the Outlook client. For example, you can probably go into your browser and enter the URL: outlook:Inbox If you have Outlook installed, this will probably bring up your Inbox in the Outlook client. I am familiar with the special way to tell Outlook to link to a specific item -- the tilde (~). For example, if you have a message in your Inbox with the subject "marklar", this link MAY work to bring up that specific message: outlook:Inbox/~marklar I have spent many, many hours researching and reading what...

Popup Alerts when using CRM within Outlook
I realise that a lot of people will be using the Web client, but for those of us that are lucking enough to be able to use the Outlook client it would be nice (almost esential) to have the ability to have popup alerts to remind you of a phone/appointment etc. Does anyone know how this is possible in the current version, or if it is expected in V1.2 later this year. Kindest Regards Chris Outlook already has this. Via tasks or calendar. And this works with CRM too (of course it will need to synch with outlook so outlook can give the pop up). -Gary "Chris Morgan" <chris@datali...

Landed Cost #7
From what I am reading here and elsewhere landed cost is a 2 step process. You process the receiver and/or the vendor invoice in Receivings Transaction Entry and then match the freight invoice into Enter/match screen. The accounting would be: 1. Receive/invoice DR Inventory ( cost + LC) CR Payable to vendor CR Accrued Purchase for LC 2. Enter/Match DR accrued purchase LC CR A/P If I just want to enter the vendor invoice in the receiving transactions screen that includes the freight, I am s...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

How do I send a newsletter to > 100 people?
Hi I'm using Outlook 2003 on WinXP Home. I don't use exchange just personal folders. I have a genuine need to send a newsletter to a growing team and the list will soon exceed 100 people. Is there a limit set to the size of a distribution list either by Outlook, ISPs (in general) or by the actual email protocol? Am I going to have problems later? More than 1 person has told me they have to split their contacts into groups of 100 or less. As a related question, I'd like to be able to have Outlook send the emails individually rather than as a single email with multiple recipien...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Outlook Journal sync to handheld
Journal is such a versatile and powerful part of Outlook. With so many people using it, wouldn't it be prudent to provide a "sync link" to a Windows Moble Pocket PC? So we don't have to go to a 3rd party vendor that costs extra and complicates the simplicity of the WM platform? ...

DENY error when sending to one domain