Mapi failure error message

I have a new laptop with Windows 7.  I use Office 2007 professional version.
I am unable to use the 'send as attachment' option in any of the
applications.  Outlook is my default for sending mail in the Tools and
Options settings in Internet Explorer.  I see one of 2 messages - MAPi
failure error or sometimes a request to close Outlook and try again when I
try to open an Outlook message from an application.  Don't know if it's
related, but every time I open Outlook I get a message box asking if I want
to allow Outlook to make changes to the hard drive.  I always say yes.  Any
helpful advice appreciated..

You probably have an add-in installed which is causing this.
Which ones are listed at;
Tools-> Trust Center-> sections Add-ins

You can troubleshoot them by disabling them all and then see if the issue is
still there. If not, enable them one by one to find the culprit. For details
see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"DonnaO" <DonnaO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new laptop with Windows 7.  I use Office 2007 professional
> version.
> I am unable to use the 'send as attachment' option in any of the
> applications.  Outlook is my default for sending mail in the Tools and
> Options settings in Internet Explorer.  I see one of 2 messages - MAPi
> failure error or sometimes a request to close Outlook and try again when I
> try to open an Outlook message from an application.  Don't know if it's
> related, but every time I open Outlook I get a message box asking if I
> want
> to allow Outlook to make changes to the hard drive.  I always say yes.
> Any
> helpful advice appreciated..

0
Roady

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

Strange error
Hello, I am trying to a load a RSS with some really simple=20 code. However when I run the code I got this error: '=1F', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line=20 1, position 1. Though the rss seems to me well formed. Here is the code=20 and the rss. TestRSS("http://www- 106.ibm.com/developerworks/news/dw_webservices.rss") Function TestRSS(ByVal strRSS As String) Dim reader As New XmlTextReader(strRSS) ' Load the XmlTextReader to the XmlDocument Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument Try xmlDoc.Load(reader) ...

Outlook 2002 Error msg. after closing program
After I close Outlook 2002 I get the following error message: PROGRA~1\mi1933~\Office10\Outlook.exe Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated. Hi Jim, Based on my experience, the issue may occur in several situations and we may have to completely remove Office program to check the problem. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated. To narrow it down, let us try the following troubleshooting steps: Repair Outlook ========== 1) Close Outlook, click start menu | control panel 2) Click "add/remove program". 3) Click "change or remove programs...

Error 80131509
I have crm 3.0. Recently We started receiving this error any time the system has to send an email automatically. The email for the case creation stays on the system. If I try to send the email with the send button in activities it goes out without issue. ...

Relay Error? #2
When sending to one particular domain, I receive the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mailservername.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <sender> to <recipient> for I.P.Address> I can telnet port 25 of this domain from my Exchange Server, and can successfully send mail via commands (which eliminates blacklisting), so I'm thinking that it's a configuration issue with my Exchange Server. I checked to ensure that Realying wan't al...

SmartList Error
when i try to access one of the user defined smart list, it shows the list properly, but when clicking on any row which suppose to open another form as it was defined with GOTO button, at that time i receive an error 'A get/change operation on the table 'Special_GOTO_Fields' failed accessing SQL data' more to know about this issue, i am assigned to 'PowerUser' role this issue does not happen when i login with SA user. Any help plz Is this issue on one machine only? Most probably its a corruption in GP dictionaries, reinstalling the application will ...

Using a combo box to search for a record
Hi all I am using Access 2007. My Table named Debtors has the following field Surname as a Text field My RowSource is :- SELECT DISTINCTROW [Debtors].[Surname] FROM Debtors ORDER BY [Surname]; My After Update Event Procedure is :- Private Sub Combo76_AfterUpdate() DoCmd.ShowAllRecords Me!txtSurname.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord Me!Combo76 Me!Combo76.Value = "" End Sub and I get the following error message................. Run-time error '2465' Access can't find the field 'txtSurname' Where have I gone wrong? Bob On S...

An error occurred installing Microsoft CRM folders
I am getting this problem on a new XP machine with Office XP Pro and all patches/service packs. I had to un-install the Outlook client and re-install which is when the problem started. It was working fine before. For the un-install, I unstalled the client, SQL and then deleted the SQL folders and checked for the existance of the mscrm.pst file. Anyone have success solving this: I just went to the length of uninstalling Outlook as well as the CRM client and SQL and doing a full reinstall of all three items. The outlook version is Outlook 2003. After all of the reinstalls and reboots, same e...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

Screen Refresh failure
Hi All, I am having a problem with a VB6 app not re-drawing the screen completely. This is a form that has not been changed (either form layout or code) for some time, but is now not re-drawing some controls...some command buttons in a frame are invisible. If I drag another app (eg Notepad) across this part of the form, the controls then re-appear. It appears that Windows is just "forgetting" to refresh this part of the screen! If I include a: Frame.Visible=False Frame.Visible=true in the code wherever any screen updates occur (I have several user-drawn...

DHCP Limited Connectivity error
Hi At one of my clients I have connected 2 new PC's to a SBS 2003 R2 network using the ConnectComputer wizard. For several days they have worked perfectly. Now, within an hour or so of each other, they have both lost their DHCP assigned IP addresses and will not reconnect to the network. I have checked the server and these machines are correctly registered with DHCP, WINS and DNS. There are no events relating to these problems in the Event Logs. When I reconnect the old machines using the same cabling, they receive DHCP assigned IP addresses and connect immediately. ...

Rule in error?
Every once in a while I get a "rule in error" message saying "Cannot remove messages from the folder". Then I start getting messages because that rule is unchecked. I go into rules and check it and everything works the way it did before. The rule in question is: Apply this rule after the message arrives with **SPAM** in the subject move it to the Spam Trap folder What causes this problem? ...

Catching messages of dynamically created CStatic members
Hi fellows. I have a CWnd-derived class that has two CStatic members, that are created dynamically. My question is simple: What must I do in order to receive messages of such members? This CWnd-derived class is for creating a custom control. This control needs vertical scrollbar, so I'm using two bitmaps, one as de up arrow and the other as the down arrow. I already placed them, now I need to receive the notification (the click notification). // in the header CStatic m_lblArrowUp; CStatic m_lblArrowDown; // in the Create method m_lblArrowUp.Create(_T(""), WS_CHILD | WS_VIS...

Unable to delete message in Outbox
There is an old email message in my outbox that I sent back in June 2003 but also stayed in my outbox. It is impossible to remove, send it, or move it to another folder. If I try any of the previously mentioned I get the error message : "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown error, if problem persists restart Outlook." I searched the MS knowledge base and the article states that this is a problem with Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. The problem is I am running Windows 2000 NOT XP. Has anyone heard of this problem before? Create a new .pst file and make it the defaul...

Error on Page 11-15-04
Hello, When I launch CRM and go to Service, Cases, New Case and click on Customer in the Customer Information section, I get error on page in the lower left hand corner of the window and nothing happens. All other fields with drop downs or lookup are working. Aummy Can you include what the text of the message says? What loss of functionality are you experiencing? Have you made any customizations or added any ISV solutions? Perhaps if you give me some more detail, I can help you solve your problem. "Aummy" wrote: > > Hello, > > When I launch CRM and go to...

PFbackup error
After installing pfbackup.exe, rebooting, initalizing Outlook 2K2 then running the new backup and exiting Outlook you get this message. Cannot copy Outlook: The process cannot access the file because another processs has locked a portion of the file. Do you have a PDA or Fax program installed, or any other program that accesses Outlook, such as a mail monitoring program? If yes, shut it down prior to exiting Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

Email bouncing with error 5.2.3
HELP Using SBS2003 Exchange 2003 Receiving mail using POP3 If someone sends an email with an attachment greater than 4 meg it bounces with the Exchange error 5.2.3 which i understand means message too large or recipients mailbox full However in the global settings-message delivery-defaults the receiving message size is set to "no limit" We have no limits set on the size of users mailboxes Am i missing something? this is driving me up the wall Anyone any ideas? Thanks Mal do you mean users sending email to internal or external addresses? if external, do they get the error on eve...

full contents of messages are not donloaded in Outlook 2007
only html codes are downloaded and I have to use that weblink every time. How to resolve this issue. regards V K naageswaran naageswaranvk@airtelmail,in "V K Naageswaran" <V K Naageswaran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1495FBC9-40F1-441A-BE1C-867223257E55@microsoft.com... > only html codes are downloaded and I have to use that weblink every time. > > How to resolve this issue. Not a very good description of your problem, but the first thing I'd recommend is to uninstall your antivirus program and reinstall it without the...

I found this error 0X80040900 while working with Microsoft outloo.
When I click send and receive in outlook sending of email found correct but incoming mail shows this 0X80040900 error. How do I make it correct Question is very simle. ...

Printing errors in excel
When I highlight some rows and colums to print, the matching column headers aren't printing right unless the size is reduced to 40% in print preview/setup. I have freezepanes set up on the left and top, and when I print out data, I have it set so all the freezepanes print as well. I have names across the top, and date of birth and other information below. When I hightlight the data below, the names don't match when I print with the data I hightlighted, unless i change the print size to less than 45%. Any ideas? I tried multiple versions of excel and several printers within ou...

Copy multiple addresses from message to Contacts
When i get an email with multiple addresses in the "TO" or "CC" field, how do a copy them all to my address book? Sometimes i would like to create a distribution list as the same time. How do i do this (please don't say "one at a time"....) You'd need to create a list that you can import into your Contacts Folder (e.g., CSV file), or use a third party alternative: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp DL's are not recommended. Use Categories instead. -- Russ Valentine "frustrated outlook user" <frustrated outlo...

Notification: Outbound Mail Failure
Getting a ton of these in the last couple of days. In the body of th message neither the to or from are local addresses to the server. And th reasons ar 501 mail not accepted from blacklisted IP addres 550 ILLEGAL FROMbarokorea@barokorea.ne 553 Blocked for spa 554 1081539553.3687.hitel accept denied. [code=3 560 Blocked for filter, so the connection will be close 553 5.3.0 Server not ready.4 554 Message Rejected Due To Virus Found In Attachmen 550 Error: Maybe_Spam!!_Rejected!_000 550 5.0.0 We don't accept Advertisement Mail!!! etc etc. Now I know that my server is not an open relay. I hav...

Message Lost!!
Hi, My thread sends MESSAGE to his main window during a "for". App gets this message via PreTranslateMessage() function and i've noticed that some message have been lost.. During Debug i usually write to OutPutWindow and each time a custom message arrive i put a string on debug window, now: -- Right message sequence MESSAGE 65004: wParam 0 - xParam1:12 - xParam2:1 - xParam3:0 - szParam: MESSAGE 65004: wParam 0 - xParam1:12 - xParam2:3 - xParam3:0 - szParam: MESSAGE 65004: wParam 0 - xParam1:12 - xParam2:0 - xParam3:0 - szParam: in some cases i lost one or two message, ...