IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established

I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed,
and the other, Windows 7.

McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs.

I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the
Vista Box to work correctly.

This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported
error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for
[my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to
receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service
provider (ISP).'

Please note I have received this error on the Vista Box, but only once, and
it has been running for over 2 days, synchronizing every 10 minutes.

Whereas, the Windows 7 Box has probably only performed a send/receive once
or twice without failing to synchronize.

Also, when Outlook tells me that it has failed to synchronize, a bubble pops
up from my taskbar with this message:

A connection to the server cannot be established.
[my-email-server] is now in offline mode.

Yet if I check the "File" > "Work Offline" setting in the menu bar, it is
not set.

Can Anyone help?

The error you are getting is because your email settings in outlook isn't
correct.  In particular you need to look at port numbers and I suggest have
Vista settings and Windows 7 settings side by side and compare where the
difference lies.

Sometimes even your Anti-virus stops you from connecting and you can stop it
from scanning your emails and it may resolve the problem.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/browse_thread/thread/6318098c404e011b?hl=en#

hth

"Remo" <Remo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed,
> and the other, Windows 7.
>
> McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs.
>
> I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the
> Vista Box to work correctly.
>
> This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box:
>
> Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported
> error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for
> [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue
> receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
> service
> provider (ISP).'
>
> Please note I have received this error on the Vista Box, but only once,
> and
> it has been running for over 2 days, synchronizing every 10 minutes.
>
> Whereas, the Windows 7 Box has probably only performed a send/receive once
> or twice without failing to synchronize.
>
> Also, when Outlook tells me that it has failed to synchronize, a bubble
> pops
> up from my taskbar with this message:
>
> A connection to the server cannot be established.
> [my-email-server] is now in offline mode.
>
> Yet if I check the "File" > "Work Offline" setting in the menu bar, it is
> not set.
>
> Can Anyone help?

0
LD55ZRA
3/27/2010 11:07:13 PM
Turn off email integration in mcafee - its not necessary and can cause
connection problems.

Triple check your account settings and port numbers. Can you receive but not
send or are you not getting any message in or out?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Remo" <Remo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista
> installed,
> and the other, Windows 7.
>
> McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs.
>
> I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the
> Vista Box to work correctly.
>
> This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box:
>
> Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported
> error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for
> [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue
> receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet
> service
> provider (ISP).'
>
> Please note I have received this error on the Vista Box, but only once,
> and
> it has been running for over 2 days, synchronizing every 10 minutes.
>
> Whereas, the Windows 7 Box has probably only performed a send/receive once
> or twice without failing to synchronize.
>
> Also, when Outlook tells me that it has failed to synchronize, a bubble
> pops
> up from my taskbar with this message:
>
> A connection to the server cannot be established.
> [my-email-server] is now in offline mode.
>
> Yet if I check the "File" > "Work Offline" setting in the menu bar, it is
> not set.
>
> Can Anyone help?

0
Diane
3/28/2010 2:58:17 AM
Remo

You did not mention which version of the McAfee Security Center is installed. Some
versions does not turn off the email scanning when you deselect it. The best way and
the surest way to make sure that the email scanning gets turned off is to uninstall
the McAfee Security Center and then re-install it without selecting the email
integration (scanning) option.

--
Peter

"Remo" <Remo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed,
> and the other, Windows 7.
>
> McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs.
>
> I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the
> Vista Box to work correctly.
>
> This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box:
>
> Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported
> error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for
> [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to
> receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service
> provider (ISP).'
>
> Please note I have received this error on the Vista Box, but only once, and
> it has been running for over 2 days, synchronizing every 10 minutes.
>
> Whereas, the Windows 7 Box has probably only performed a send/receive once
> or twice without failing to synchronize.
>
> Also, when Outlook tells me that it has failed to synchronize, a bubble pops
> up from my taskbar with this message:
>
> A connection to the server cannot be established.
> [my-email-server] is now in offline mode.
>
> Yet if I check the "File" > "Work Offline" setting in the menu bar, it is
> not set.
>
> Can Anyone help?

0
Peter

Your Exchange Server is Unavailable (Outlook 2003, Exchange 5.5)
Hi. I recently upgraded to Office 2003. I'm running Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I have several profiles set up in my outlook. A few of them connect to the Exchange server and a couple of them are personal "internet email" accounts. When I first open Outlook, I am able to access my Exchange mailbox. However, if I close Outlook and try to connect to my Exchange mailbox again (or any of the other Exchange mailboxes), I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" (Retry, Work Offline, Cancel). I've tried select Retry several times and it does not work. I...

my server is down help!!!!
i keep getting error generic host processes for win32 encountered a problem.. it's' error #1030 but i can't find a fix for exchange help please This is not a lot of info to go on. Please post the relevant Event ID's. In addition, check your Antivirus logs, have you run any Windows Updates lately and what version of Exchange are you talking about with SP Level? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B32E4DD0-2DF1-4C95-BCEE-88A837E85D0C@microsof...

IMAP
Hi, I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the service is not there. How do I install IMAP4 ? Thnaks. Matt On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:50:51 -0800, matt wrote: > I would like to enable IMAP to my Exch2003 server, but the > service is not there. > > How do I install IMAP4 ? Well IMAP4 is there, the service is just disabled per default. You will need to enable and start in under Services. (Microsoft Exchange IMAP). Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

strange imap connection problems
My imap connections seem to be flaky (only imap, pop3 is fine) the first time i load outlook and send/recieve it works fine. then every time after that my machine fails on the dns lookup of the mail server. (even nslookup in console fails) any ideas whats causing this? cheers, -ciaron ...

Pass-Through Query / Multiple ODBC Connections
When creating a Pass-Through Query, is there a way to create two or more “ODBC Connect Str”s in the Property Sheet? ODBC;DSN=DMH_Hub;Description=DMH_Hub on MZPRODEDWADHOC;UID=mzbrosb;DATABASE=DMH_Hub;Trusted_Connection=Yes ODBC;DSN=DW1;Description=DW1 on MZPRODDW;UID=mzbrosb;Trusted_Connection=Yes Or better yet, is there a way to specify the connection of the query to automatically be whatever connection the linked tables are using? -- Tyro from Missouri Pass-through queries run on the server, not in Access, therefore unless the DBMS you're using on that server suppo...

Setting Gmail IMAP
I previously used Gmail as POP but I have just changed it to IMAP so that I can keep my PC (WLM), my iPhone and my webmail all in sync. Now I need some advice. 1. In addition to my inbox,sent etc folders I also have a folder called All Mail that indeed contains all messages I have ever sent or received. It is therefore very big. How can I stop that folder showing up in WLM? 2. When I delete items in WLM the are not going to the Bin (deleted folder) They just vanish. The deleted folder is a useful facility as at times I may accidently click to delete the wrong message. How c...

Issues Connecting to SQLServer
I=92m trying to use a DSN-less connection to a SQLSERVER DB and am experiencing problems. I can connect to all the tables I need and most of the views. However, one view is giving me problems. The view in question is a summary for use on a report =96 basically totaling up hours and dollars from a bunch of detail records =96 in an attempt to reduce the amount of data sent over the network. For some unknown reason, I can=92t set an index on the view, so whenever I try to link to it programmatically I get the =93Select Unique Record Identifier=94 dialog box. I don=92t want the end u...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

imap
Hello All, I have win2k SBS server providing email for about 20 users. Their internet connection, to the office where the exchange server lives, is 512k guaranteed up and down I believe. The clients that have desktops are set up as exchnage clients via Outlook 2k and XP. The laptop users are set up as imap clients via outlook because they will be using a dial up connection most of the time on the road or away from the office. My problem starts when an imap client's mail box gets over 100mb and then they start to get time out issues even if they have a high speed connection at the time...

IMAP #3
Exchange 2003 SP1 Front-end : OWA server with SSL Need some mobile users to connect to IMAP server with SSL Can this server (FE OWA Server) proxy SSL IMAP request to the backend server ? If yes can I use the same SSL that’s for OWA or I need to get another? Is there any documents talking FE-BE IMAP or Exchange IMAP ? Thanks.. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Yes, that will work. Just make sure you are pointing your IMAP clients at the OWA public certificate name, otherwise you'll get an error. If I remember correctly Exchange will set this up correctly on...

Money 2007 won't recognize internet connection.
Help...I have been trying to use Microsoft 2007 w/o using Internet Explorer because it doesn't work and I use Firefox. I try and type in my email address and password, then it keeps telling me to sign in online. Is there anything that I can do? Please Help. Since Money uses many of the same methods to connect to the Internet, it seems reasonable that the first problem to troubleshoot is why IE "doesn't work". "DWill" <DWill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63FA118D-107C-4472-9986-CD0D047F57F3@microsoft.com... > Help...I have been ...

Problem with columns and imap
I'm having problems with the with windows live mail and the columns on my imap email account. If I change columns in the inbox the columns in the sent mail box changes to the also. How can I set the columns in each folder independently? I have no problems doing with with my pop account. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server
Dear MVP, I have problem in my office, there are 2 PC's under windows 98 and using office 2000. When I open Microsoft outlook, there is an error : "Cannot connect to exchange server". Is it problem using Microsoft Outlook 2000 in windows 98. Please your help Regards Can you ping the server and resolve the server by name? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Darlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddd60...

Recipient Filtering on one server
Hello All, We are running multiple Exch 2003 SP2 ENT on Win 2003 SP2 ENT in the same Exchange domain. We want to enable the "Filter recipients who are not in the directory" filter. I just wanted to confirm that although this particular setting is global, until it is also enabled on each SMTP server, it does not take affect. Additionally, I wanted to know the general consensus on tarpitting since it appears to be recommended when enabling the filtering. Thanks in advance!!! On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:43:01 -0800, da crusher <dacrusher@discussions.microsoft.c...

Closing a connection from a HttpHandler
I would like to know if there is a way for a HttpHandler to close a connection to a client. Specifically to be able to close the connection after issuing a Write to the client response. I will examplify below. Here is a simple handler that does nothing of interest, just sending 100 chunks of 64kB data, it is by no means "production code" just an example. /// <summary> /// Process the incomming requets (relay to the stream dispatcher. /// </summary> public void ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) { // Check argu...

Advice needed for setting up a Windows 2000 DDE server for feeding data to Excel.
Hello! I need some help with setting up a Win2000 DDE server and connecting an Excel application on the destination machine (the client) to a third-party DDE quote server located on another machine (the server). Here is what my setup is presently and why I need a DDE server set up: 1) I have 2 machines that are linked on a TCP/IP home network and both run Win2000 Server. 2) On machine A (the server) I run a third-party application that is a DDE quote feed (it downloads the quotes via the web from the vendor and provides them via DDE link to Excel). 3) On the same A machine I presently run...

get sql server schema to xml?
Hello, How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to convert the entire schema into an xml file. thanks in advance. You can use a DataReader's GetSchemaTable method "suzy" <suzy@spam.com> wrote in message news:ckNyb.372$nL5.173@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello, > > How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to > convert the entire schema into an xml file. > > thanks in advance. > > Oops, sorry for not posting the link... you can do it with the Connection Object as well... here's a ...

IMAP to Ex2k3 Migration command line
Morning, All. I'm looking for information on doing a migration from an IMAP server to Exchange 2003. I have found information in the deployment guide, and setup the CSV files (which work from the GUI) and control files. However, every time I run the process, the grey window with the progress bar appears, and then dissappears almost immidiately. The last message I see is "connecting to MAPI" - then, it's gone - no errors in the event logs, just a "Migration starts, Migraton Stops". I have used the command line version of the migration tool before to do an Exchang...