How to set up the automatically Bcc ?

  • Follow

Hi,

I have Outlook 2007. I want to Bcc to myself for all out going emails. Is
there any way I can configure Outlook to have my email address in the Bcc
field automatically?

Thanks,
Lisa

0
Reply Utf 11/17/2009 6:16:47 AM

Am Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:16:47 -0800 schrieb Lisa:

> Hi,
>
> I have Outlook 2007. I want to Bcc to myself for all out going emails. Is
> there any way I can configure Outlook to have my email address in the Bcc
> field automatically?
>
> Thanks,
> Lisa

You can do that with VBA. Here's an example:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&lang=en&smp=77&cmd=showitem

You need to copy the function into the module 'ThisOutlookSession'.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

  : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool
  : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting
  : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en>
0
Reply Michael 11/17/2009 6:58:36 AM

Lisa wrote:

> I have Outlook 2007. I want to Bcc to myself for all out going emails.
> Is there any way I can configure Outlook to have my email address in
> the Bcc field automatically?

http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Always-BCC.asp
http://www.ablebits.com/outlook-blind-carbon-copy-bcc-email-addins/index.php
0
Reply VanguardLH 11/17/2009 12:39:24 PM

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have Outlook 2007. I want to Bcc to myself for all out going emails. Is
> there any way I can configure Outlook to have my email address in the Bcc
> field automatically?

Why?  You already get a copy of every message you send in the Sent Items
folder.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 11/17/2009 6:52:28 PM

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have Outlook 2007. I want to Bcc to myself for all out going emails. Is
>> there any way I can configure Outlook to have my email address in the Bcc
>> field automatically?
>
> Why?  You already get a copy of every message you send in the Sent Items
> folder.

Sometimes a users wants evidence that their e-mails got *sent* from the
mail server, not just that the mail server accepted their e-mail
request.  That the item got moved from the Outbox to Sent Items folder
by Outlook after it received an +OK status back from the mail server
doesn't really show what the mail server did after that.  However, for
auto-Bcc to be valid, the Bcc should go to a different e-mail account
than the one used to send the e-mail.  E-mail providers will redirect
internal e-mails (where sender and recipient are within their own
domain) to drop them into the recipient's mailbox rather than use their
boundary mail server to send out that e-mail.  By using an e-mail
account that is external to your own e-mail provider, you see that your
e-mail provider actually used their boundary host to send the e-mail (so
it got sent out rather than just relying on a redirected internal copy
sent from your account to your account which never used their boundary
host for their mail service).

I've seen lawyers ask for this a lot.  While there is no guaranteed
delivery for e-mail (and the lawyers should be using registered mail
with notarized content to prove they sent it and what they sent), and
because rare few mail servers respond to delivery receipt requests, and
because recipients often disable read receipt requests in their e-mail
clients, the sender wants something to show that their mail *server*
sent out their e-mail.  Seeing an item in your Sent Items folder only
means your mail server *accepted* your message, not that it sent it.
0
Reply VanguardLH 11/17/2009 9:36:27 PM

In Outlook, I use (many) folders to organize my mail. I want to BCC myself so
I have a copy of each outgoing email in my Inbox so I can copy the mail to
the apropriate folder.

In my mind, this is separate from having every mail visible in the Sent
folder, which is valuable when trying to find an email that you sent at some
approximate time in the past when something-or-another was being discussed
(meaning that you don't really know enough to formulate a serach query).

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have Outlook 2007. I want to Bcc to myself for all out going emails. Is
> > there any way I can configure Outlook to have my email address in the Bcc
> > field automatically?
>
> Why?  You already get a copy of every message you send in the Sent Items
> folder.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 11/18/2009 4:02:07 PM

"Jay Hollingsworth" <Jay Hollingsworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:567DDD50-E280-4DD8-A874-A001D3502089@microsoft.com...
> In Outlook, I use (many) folders to organize my mail. I want to BCC myself
> so
> I have a copy of each outgoing email in my Inbox so I can copy the mail to
> the apropriate folder.
>
> In my mind, this is separate from having every mail visible in the Sent
> folder, which is valuable when trying to find an email that you sent at
> some
> approximate time in the past when something-or-another was being discussed
> (meaning that you don't really know enough to formulate a serach query).

Have you tried the function in Advanced Email options - "In folders other
than Inbox, save replies with original message"?
That might do what you are looking for without having to use BCC..

0
Reply Gordon 11/18/2009 4:11:22 PM

Jay Hollingsworth wrote:

> In Outlook, I use (many) folders to organize my mail. I want to BCC myself so
> I have a copy of each outgoing email in my Inbox so I can copy the mail to
> the apropriate folder.
>
> In my mind, this is separate from having every mail visible in the Sent
> folder, which is valuable when trying to find an email that you sent at some
> approximate time in the past when something-or-another was being discussed
> (meaning that you don't really know enough to formulate a serach query).

If something in the outbound e-mail, like the account it used, to whom,
something in the Subject header, or whatever indicates where you would
want to save a copy of that sent item, you could use rules.  Define a
rule on sent messages which puts a copy of that message into a folder
based on the criteria you define in the folder.
0
Reply VanguardLH 11/18/2009 4:31:19 PM

(page loaded in 3.814 seconds)

Reply: