how to delete all emails in unread messages

How do I delete 718 unread messages at one time?

Press control-a  to select all files  and then press shift-delete to
permanently delete all

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:01:36 -0500, paulyj53005
<paulyj53005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I delete 718 unread messages at one time?

-1
Scott
2/27/2010 7:26:56 PM
use the Search Folder  or View to firstly see all the Unread messages. Then
do as described.

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

"Scott" <ricketts4@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Press control-a  to select all files  and then press shift-delete to
> permanently delete all
>

> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:01:36 -0500, paulyj53005
> <paulyj53005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> How do I delete 718 unread messages at one time?

Judy

Restore emails lost in virus attack
Virus caused loss of some data-- 8 days of emails stored in Outlook. Virus gone. I have a backup drive image (Norton Ghost 9.0 with backup image browser). Which file(s) do I need to restore from the backup drive image in order to regain the lost emails? What surprises should I beware of? ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN LOL Thank you in advance. The files you need are the pst files. Since you did not post your version of Outlook I am presuming based on OL 2003\07 the *.pst file -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email ca...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Strange negative indent in plain text messages
Recently my Outlook 2007 installation decided to indent the first line of any plain text message about half an inch to the left, resulting in the first 2 letters not being displayed as they happen to be outside the display area. That applies to editing mails as well as displaying mails in a separate window and in reading pane. Up to now I wasn't able to figure out how to reset that indent configuration. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. sounds like a style is messed up. if the 'outdent' can't be changed using the Decrease indent button (next to the alignment b...

Cannot delete subreport

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Rule for Deleted Items

Why is the content of all my emails going out underlined?
Can you help? All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I receive one back from my original it is underlined. I have been advised by mail recepients that my email content is underlined. Does anyone know how I can stop this? "Sally W" <Sally W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC904DA-536E-45FD-9F5D-19056A2A5EEA@microsoft.com... > All of my emails are going out underlined which looks so rude. They are > HTML format and look fine when I send them but if I r...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Message Box strangeness
I have included the chunk of code with a few names changed, but the functionality is there. I think it will be easier for me to explain my problem after you take a quick glance at the code: onConnectButton() { int go=-1; if(c_task_check.GetCheck()) { go=MessageBox("Doing this will erase old data","Warning",MB_OKCANCEL); } int start=start_server(); if(start==WAITING_FOR_CLIENT) { SetDlgItemText(ServerEdit,"Connected to Client"); c_button1.EnableWindow(true); c_button2.EnableWindow(true); c_button3.EnableWindow(false); c_button4.EnableWindo...

Delete macros

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Email to Queue for Internal Emails
Hi, Anyone figure out a way to be able to route internally (i.e., same domain name) created e-mails to a queue? Looking to use the Queue function of CRM as part of an internal help desk. However, told by MBS that since the queue function uses the Exchange Connector and that the Exchange Connector ignores all internally sent e-mails then this won't work. Thoughts? Alan I've heard of folks using a hotmail account in order to send emails outside the domain and then re-direct them back in. I can't use due to security concerns but thought I'd pass along. Good luck! >...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to eliminate/avoid double messages?
Hello, I have 3 SMTP email account configured on my outlook 2002, each of them corresponding to a different server, yet I get the same messages from one of these servers downloaded several times (usually 2 times, sometimes even 6-7 times) to my outlook inbox. Can anyone assist me to establish what is causing the multiple download, to advise how to proceed to eliminate the multiple messages from each of my local boxes and eventually how to configure my outlook in such a way that it will simply download the same message only once? Thanks, Luca See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

email templates 01-09-05
Two questions. 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday field in a template. It shows the datetime in datetime format. Useless 2. When users use the template that was created. It seems the Subject is not inserted in Subject line of the email. Thanks, Jaime Hi Jaime, I have the same problem with the title that doesn't appear when using a email template. Please publish the answer if you found something. Christophe "Jaime" wrote: > Two questions. > > 1. Can you format a Date field. Example: Insert the contacts birthday ...

Deleting an email

sending email #9
I can't send email using a phone line, if I use a LAN it works fine. I can receive email when using the phone line, but not send. ...

Can't send email thru Outlook 2002. PLS help...
I can receive emails fine, but everytime i try to send i get an "undeliverable" email back with the error "Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed". It looks like it's trying to find my IP address, but can't. I have a router that looks to be set up fine as I did the troubleshooting section that specified this problem, but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. That error is generated by antispam software on the recipients mail server. Are you running your own SMTP server? If so, it's a problem with your server, if not contact your provider since the...