How to change restriction to open internet links on outlook email?

HI, I tried to open a link in an email sent to me but a message popped up
saying this, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect
on this computer. Please contact your administrator." I am the administrator.
What do I do? Thank you for any help.

It is an error with Internet Explorer

see the following for the fix
 http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

--
Peter

"Hello" <Hello@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI, I tried to open a link in an email sent to me but a message popped up
> saying this, "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect
> on this computer. Please contact your administrator." I am the administrator.
> What do I do? Thank you for any help.

0
Peter

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

outlook 2000 #31
I cannot customize outlook today page now. The capability to do this quit working about six weeks ago. I have re- installed outlook 2000 but that does not help. ...

HRESULT opening outlook 2000 in xp pro
I get an error "Exception from HRESULT 0x80040200" every time I start my outlook 2000 in XP pro. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? ...

Open Purchase Order Inquiry
I am building a SQL statement that looks at PO's that have inventory items with a GL account that is different than the GL account on the Inventory Item or Inventory Class. I found 421 items... yikes! But I am trying to figure out a way to narrow this list and only show me open po's... does anyone know what I need to add to my statement in order to get this? SQL STMT: SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.POP10110.PONUMBER, dbo.POP10110.ITEMNMBR AS PO_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.IV00101.ITEMNMBR AS INV_ITEM_NUMBER, dbo.POP10110.INVINDX, dbo.IV00101.IVIVINDX FROM ...

Outlook Unknown Error 0x8004060C
Hi, I have the following error message at the end of downloading new messages. The system stop and shows a popup with "Unknown Error 0x8004060C" I installed Outlook XP again but I got the same problem. Everything was working fine until...it could be an email of around 3Mb who stopped everything. I have no idea. Please help me. Thanks, Olivier I found a solution. This message means that you reach the limit of size of your pst file. You need to backup your pst file and create a new one. Or at least diminish the size of your actual pst file. Hope this will help someone, O...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Automatically move original email to folder on reply
When replying to messages, I want the original email to be automatically moved to a folder within my mailbox. I have played around with the inbox rules however, it appears I can only automatically move a copy of my sent message to a designated folder, and not my original message. Each time I reply to messages I want them moved to folder x. I know I could just create a rule to move them all into folder x before I read them however, I want to leave my unreplied messages in my inbox so I know which messages still need responses. Any help much appreciated!! Thanks. You should be abl...

more on VBA function name change

Microsoft Outlook #22
I am trying to figure out how to receive/sent emails with Microsoft Outlook from a remote site computer (away from office/home computer). Where can I find this information or what are the procedures? I like access my e-mails while traveling. Unless you are talking about an .ost file with Microsoft Exchange or Outlook Web Access, you better HOPE you can't access your local Outlook over the internet as this would mean that your computer is open to anyone on the Internet. However, if you mean can you setup a mail account identical to your one at home, then if you are using the same ISP,...

Invisible or "missing" Outlook message text on reply or forward using Word as editor
We seem to have one Outlook 2003 SP2 user that seems to automatically delete or truncate parts of the message text when replying or forwarding. There may be a long thread of email replies but only the part of the most recent post is displayed. When you do a Select All/Ctr A to highlight the email, then paste it in notepad, all of the thread is displayed. When we deselect Word as the email editor, the problem thus goes away. Word seems to hide or make invisible the text. I just saw a similar post here from a while ago where the reply text was missing. But in my case just the history is &qu...

Restrict Internet Email
I have a simple exchange org, two internal exchange 2003 servers connected by one Bridgehead 2003 server in the DMZ with the SMTP connector. I want to restrict certain users from sending internet email. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I created a mail-enabled security group, added the group to the Reject Messages from: section of the Delivery Restrictions on the SMTP Connector, and applied the KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;277872 on the bridgehead server and rebooted the box. Now, the restrictions only work part of the time. Sometimes the email...

How to change icon for my application

using IMAP and Outlook to share folders on 5.5 SP4?
I've got a client with 5.5 SP4 who wants to be able to drag an email from his inbox to a shared folder that his assistant can access. The server is outside their network, so can only use IMAP or POP3 I tried opening up port 143 for IMAP and created a new public folder using Outlook. I can see this new folder using Exchange Administrator app. When I drag an email from the Outlook inbox into the new public folder, I get a msg of: Can't move the items. The server responded: REFERRAL imap://userName:AUTH="@server.com/Public/%20Folders/Test] there is no replica for that mailbox o...

How to change newsgroup message font

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

cannot open a non-existent .pst folder
There is a folder listed in Outlook without a name next to it. I cannot open the folder and I cannot delete or close the folder. If I try to execute any command, I get a message stating that I cannot open the .pst that has my calendar, contacts, etc... There is not an option to look at the properties of the folder. I have tried to search for the .pst in docs and settings, to no avail. I have removed the outlook 2003 profile, and then added it, but the folder comes back. I have uninstalled outlook 2003, reinstalled outlook 2003 and the folder is still there. All service packs ...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

linked sheets
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets. on sheet one is a merge row in column a with the heading and then various rows with the data A N 123 B A 123 C M 334 D E 233 The first 3/4 rows are identical on the next sheets and are linked to sheet 1 (if sheet 1 changes the data changes). However I may need to add a new row in sheet one (in example above a new row between the 123 and 123. Is there a way that will update the new row on the other sheets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated Rexmann Ps I use Excel XP on the sheets other than sheet1 in column A use =indirect...

Cant send emails 06-04-10
I get the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'free movies', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E How do I fix it so I can get emails. ...

Outlook 2003 MSKSrver.exe! RUNS ALL TIME HOGS MEMORY!
Outlook 2003 Too Slow! I used the MicroSoft task manager to find-out what all the action in the background is! MSKSrver.exe RUNS ALL the time at 85 to 95 CPU and the CPU total usage is near 100% ALL the time with nothing major running but MSKSrver.exe! Whenever I try to do anything else, the new application takes forever to get going as it must compete with MSKSrver.exe! Why is that database server working all the time? What is it doing? I do not use "Favorite Folders" or "Business Contact Manager" yet, though those are areas show in MAIL, empty. I don'...