How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?

While in the Inbox, new messages are bold.  Just by "passing" by them, the
bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read.  How do you
make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened?

Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when
selection changes.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While in the Inbox, new messages are bold.  Just by "passing" by them, the
> bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read.  How do you
> make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened?

0
Diane

Make Default

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Instant messaging login problems
Hi, I am trying to implement instant messaging service on a network I manage.It went smoothly initialy until i realise that only the users with domain administrative rights could login to use the service.It always give the error"Signing in to the Microsoft exchange Instant messaging failed because the password is incorrect or the sign-in name does not exist. Check your sign-in name and password and try again." It starts working the minute I give the user the domain administrative right. Everything worked very well with a small demo lab unlike the main network whihc has been in exist...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Message ID
Hi, I am building an application to process the email messages using the message-id of every message. I need to know when this message-id is available, when not. RFC 2822 says "Though optional, every message SHOULD have a "Message-ID:" field. " From my experience it seems that the messages from MS exchange server always have "message-id", even both sender and receiver in the same server. Is it correct? Do the most email servers in today market, like notes, sendmail, generate a global unique message-id for every message? Where can I find such kind info...

making tickets

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

How to send a message?
I have a custom control(CMyTabCtrl) inherited from CTabCtrl. In the CMyTabCtrl, I want to send a message to itself by using SendMessage(TCN_SELCHANGE). But I can not get it by set break point in the function OnSelChange(...). Why? Why not simply call OnSelChange method directly? ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Why not just call the function rather than sending the message if it is in the same class? Tom "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1130443010.555192.175620@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a custom control(CMyTabCtrl) inherited fr...

Change inbox name!!
Hello, I have found a syncornization tool the only problem is that i am working with two different languages so "Inbox" -> "Postvak IN" so when is syncronze i get an extra folder instead it syncs Inbox with Postvak IN. Is there any way i can change the name of the "Postvak IN" to "Inbox" that would solve the problem i think Thanks in advance G -- Hooters hooters jum jum jum, hooters hooters on a girls that's dumb ------------------------------------------ Al Bundy You can use the following tool for that; http://www.slipstick.com/files/ff...

Tracking outbound messages
Hi, Want to track replies to messages sent out so that I can make sure I follow up all the messages I send. Tried adding a unique number to Billinginformation but this value is not returned when somebody replies. Any ideas how I can do this? Mark url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1070-1.aspx ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

GMail IMAP: Inbox Populating "To Do" List
Hello, In Outlook 2010 one of my GMail accounts works fine with IMAP. Unfortunately, in the other on, a "To Do" item is created for every header in the Inbox. So I have many thousands of "To Do" items that I can't find a way to mass remove without deleting the email messages. I am able to remove them one at a time. Any thoughts on how I can stop this? Outlook has become unstable with many thousands of "To Do" items. ...

Protected Sheet Message
Excel has a default message that appears when someone tries to change a protected sheet. Can this message be edited to something more helpful. I know that I can do this using Data/Validation but this doesn't work on a Protected Sheet with all cells locked -- tlosgyl3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tlosgyl3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28074 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491017 You can't change the message, but you can stop them from selecting locked ce...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

sending mail from another user's inbox as that user
How can make a user access another user's inbox, but have the person send mail as the owner's name? The permissions on this have to be set on the Exchange Server. See the following Knowledge Base article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb; [LN];Q327000 The end user that will be sending the message will also want to make sure to select the "From field" in the New message view. You may also have to set up Delegate Access on the Outlook client. (Tools, Options, Delegates) >-----Original Message----- >How can make a user access another user's...

Multiple IE Windows Opening
I know this is an old issue and I have looked for an answer but seem to get conflicting results. I have Vista Business x64 and IE8. Randomly, upon closing IE, a flury of IE windows will open. I have used Malwarebytes and Spybot. I have very few add-ons. Any suggestions about where else to look? I am assuming the cause is some malware or other nasty. Thank you for your help. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these a...

No message being sent and cannot read some
I am having a problem when sending message form Outlook 2002 (XP) where there is no message text sent. This also happens in reverse when I cannot read some message content. This is really bugging me as I would like to be able to use Outlook rather than Express. ...

Database DYNAMICS cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore.
Does anybody know why I would all of a sudden get such a message when trying to login to GP 9.0.0301? I was logged in to the db, got a get/ change error, logged out and when trying to log back in am now getting this error. Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Looking at the SQL db's, I have 3 db's in the process of restoring - DYNAMICS and two others. What would cause this besides someone manually starting a restore process? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Frank, Here are a few options: ...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only