How do I show pictures when the "X" won't open

Some of my incoming email won't open pictures.  The "X" icon shows but the
"open picture" doesn't work.  I have unchecked the box so incoming mail does
show pictures.  How/where can I find how to fix this in Vista?

Unfortunately, there are a multitude of reasons why this could be happening.
It could be your ActiveX settings in IE (Tools>Internet Options>Security
tab>Custom Level...) aren't configured properly. Another option is to
right-click the email on the "Download pictures" bar that appears and add the
email address that sent you the message to the Trusted Sites. I've seen this
error appear if you are using a bad email signature (one that contains some
ActiveX content, etc). I've even seen this error appear if Adobe Reader
wasn't installed on the computer. Those are places to check, obviously some
people will probably suggest other things too.

"antpiggie" <antpiggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Some of my incoming email won't open pictures.  The "X" icon shows but the
> "open picture" doesn't work.  I have unchecked the box so incoming mail does
> show pictures.  How/where can I find how to fix this in Vista?

Some other ways to address images not showing can be found here:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

After installing SP2 for office 2007 can't open some excel files
I upgrade from office 2003 to 2007 and had no problem all files would open some needing to be converted but everything was great. Once i installed SP2 excel files that user's download from a site don't open anymore. They open fine for user that are still on SP1. There was a similiar issue with publisher and a fix was created. Is there going to be a hotfix for Excel also? Has anyone else seen this issue? ...

Conversion from Mac (Entourage X)
I'm converting to PC from Mac. Is there a way to import an Entourage X database into Outlook? Bill Graham <Bill Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm converting to PC from Mac. > > Is there a way to import an Entourage X database into Outlook? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Hyperlink won't open if Internet Explorer already open
W2K, Outlook 2003. If I have a hyperlink in an e-mail and click on it, it opens up Internet Explorer 6 and goes to the site to which the hyperlink points. However, if I already have IE open (doesn't matter what site I'm on) before clicking on the hyperlink, nothing happens when I click the hyperlink. The same thing happens with attachments, such as Excel. If I don't have Excel open and wish to open an Excel attachment in an e-mail message, it opens fine. If I already have Excel open, the attachment won't open. I don't care if it opens a new IE or Excel windo...

How do I convert cab file to open an Family Budget Excel Template?
The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a recognized format. How can I download the correct format. Hardly an excel question From where do you download an excel template as a cab file? Try winzip, I believe they have an option to open some cab files Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sweetner32" wrote: > The file dowloads as a .cab file. When I try and open it, it's not in a > recognized > format. How can I download the correct format. ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

importing or opening .dbx files
some time ago, before installing xp on my computer, i backed up all of my mail history from outlook express onto a cd. i'm now trying to move the folders back into outlook. the files all have a .dbx extension but i haven't figured out how to get them into the appropriate folders in outlook. for instance, on the cd is the file: deleted items.dbx and i would like to get it into deleted items folder in outlook. thanks for looking I also want to know how to import and open .dbx files because I am switching computers. Thanks in advance! Try posting this in an Outlook Express ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

in Outlook2007 inbox and calander opens simultaneously
Dear Friends, When i open Outlook 2007 Client first it opens inbox and also seperate window for calander simultaneously. One more issue is that subject line comes in message box nits <nits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When i open Outlook 2007 Client first it opens inbox and also seperate > window for calander simultaneously. Close the Calendar window first and then when you close the Inbox window, use File>Exit. Outlook should remember you had only one window open when you close and reopen only that window. > One more issue is that subject line comes in mes...

Opening up a new Outlook window for a separate mailbox
Here is my situation. One of my users, has 2 mailboxes he needs to check, and he needs to have them both open at the same time, preferrably in separate windows so he can copy stuff from one mailbox to the other. He had had this working before, and right after we upgraded him to Office 2003 it was working again, but now we can't seem to get it to work anymore. Does someone know how to open up another mailbox into a separate window so he can see 2 mailboxes at the same time? Thanks, Chris Add the mailbox to his profile. Then right click on the second Inbox and choose Open in New Wind...

Allow printing of X and Z report to printers other than Receipt
We just installed MS POS (not RMS) at a small store and think it would be beneficial if we could configure the printers and report content for running X and Z reports. Right now, the fixed default is the Receipt printer but when you run a report, the receipt ends of being about 16 inches long and a lot of the data isn't necessary depending on what time of day you're running the reports. Frankly, it's a waste of paper for not that much information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes....

Office 2007 Excel opening a file question
Office 2007, XP-MCE Clicking on a file's name opens Excel's frame only, no spreadsheet, no empty spreadsheet; must drag the file's name to the frame to open. What basic function, Excel setting am I missing? Thank You! Wayne On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:52:16 -0500, wgd.roaming@verizon.net wrote: > >Office 2007, XP-MCE > >Clicking on a file's name opens Excel's frame only, no spreadsheet, no >empty spreadsheet; must drag the file's name to the frame to open. >What basic function, Excel setting am I missing? Thank You! Wayne Having been...

Missing images (only boxes with red x)
Hi All, I hope someone can help. The problem (openning mail items with boxes instead of images) occurs on one of my computers, but not the other. They are both running XP Pro and Office 2003 and openning the same email file. I'm not sure where to look and hope someone can provide me with a hint. It was working, but a few weeks, something changed and I don't know what. I don't recall making any significant changes or installing any programs. Thanks, Michele ...

Is there a way in Excel to insert a picture into a group of merge.
Is there a way to insert a picture into an Excel spreadsheet and have the picture auto fit into a grop of merged cells? Or do I have to manually resize the picture every time? hi, not possible. image controls are objects that "float" on top of the sheet. they cann't be assigned to cells. you can set the size. size the format control to the size you want it. Right click the image control, click properties. set the autosize to false. Regards Frank. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to insert a picture into an Excel spreadsheet and have the >picture auto ...

jpg shows red x
I created a "Logos" folder under Shared Documents and put a bunch of jpgs in there. All but one of them show fine - the one that doesn't just shows a red X when I click on it. I checked the permissions and all of the jpgs have the same permissions. What could be different about this one jpg? When I download the jpg to my desktop I'm able to view it fine. It's only when it's in this Logos folder. Thanks, David EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Silverlight to WCF Service Object Encryption http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b...

Uninstall Ex2003 but server still shows in 5.5 Admin
After running into some problems with Ex2003 upgrade (unable to move mailboxes) we decided to uninstall, rebuild the server and start again. In 5.5 Admin, the Ex2003 server name still appears in the drop down box of server choices. How can that be removed or should I not be concerned? ...

Lotus WK4 Excel not opening picture images
Does anyone know how to make .WK4 files render and display picture images when opeing them in Microsoft Excel? I often have to open .WK4 files which originate in Lotus and are saved as .WK4's to be opened in Excel for the purpose of running vba code on them. This works great for our purposes. I am now dealing with files that have picture images jpg etc. in the spreadsheets themselves, however when we open these WK4 files in Excel the images don't show up at all. Does anyone know how to make that convert over or activate those image/picture objects? Thank you for all of your hel...

In Excel 2007, how to send picture behind text
I m trying to put my image behind text, does anyone how to do it. Thanks Tausif A. Haider ...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

X-axis customizing
I would like to only make the X=0 line on my excel chart darker. How do I go about doing that ? -- schnett ------------------------------------------------------------------------ schnett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12035 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345902 I am using XY scatter plot. -- schnett ------------------------------------------------------------------------ schnett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12035 View this thread: http://www.excelforum...

charts not showing up in excel
when i try to make a new chart in excel, i dont see the picture icons for all the charts. i'm running office 2000 sp3. any help is greately appreciated. -mikhail -mzubovich@jenkins-athens.com Hi Mikhail: Have you lost the toolbar icon (the little picture of charts)? If so: right-click on any toolbar Then: choose customize. Then choose Data. Then click on the Charts icon and drag it across to your toolbar. Come back if there are problems. Alf --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

GP v6.x Year End for 2004
Hi, I have a client that is on Great Plains v6.0 and they are wondering if they will be able to close out the END of Year for 2004 without any updates to the application? If updates are needed where can I get them? Thanks, Norm PS, be gentle, I'm not a Great Plains consultant. Norm, There shouldn't be anything different about closing 2004 than closing 2003, so your client should be fine. The only implication I can think of is that if the W-2 or 1099 forms for 2004 changed and you client needs to print them from Great Plains, then Microsoft would not be providing any more upda...

How can I open an Access adp file from excel? #2
I am basically tryi8ng open the database of aan *adp project to be able to manunally work on the tables. Ultematerly I would like to upsize the data base to sql. Wen we double click to open the *adp using access, the application opens, but we can't work the menus to access the database. I understand the *.adp can be opened from excel. In any case, how can we get to the tables? We'd like to re-write the front end, but wopuld like to safe the db design time. Thanks ...

Excel opening with only the toolbars showing
Hi, I have been having this problem for a day or so. Whenever I open any Excel file it shows the toolbars at the top and the status line at the bottom, but between there is nothing between, i.e. a totally empty screen showing thru to the programs or background behind it, it's like the whole spreadsheet part is just not there! Even when it's the only open program on the computer it just has the header and a blank screen showing the desktop. Can anyone offer advice as to WTF is going on and how to fix it because currently I am totally unable to access any Excel files at all. All assist...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...