How do I prevent emails from being deleted from Outlook?

It seems rthat emails that appear on Outlook two to three days ago are gone.
I have done nothing (i believe) to cause them to disappear.  Any help would
be appreciated.

PDA syncing with Outlook? Or perhaps you are Auto Archiving?

dizclu wrote:

> It seems rthat emails that appear on Outlook two to three days ago are gone.
> I have done nothing (i believe) to cause them to disappear.  Any help would
> be appreciated.
> Thanks

12/2/2009 8:52:37 PM
In addition to the PDA and auto archiving suggestions, are you perhaps
filtering your view? View > Current View. Ensure that Messages is checked.

"Bob I" <> wrote in message
> PDA syncing with Outlook? Or perhaps you are Auto Archiving?
> dizclu wrote:
> > It seems rthat emails that appear on Outlook two to three days ago are
> > I have done nothing (i believe) to cause them to disappear.  Any help
> > be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

List of Email Addresses
Hi, Is there any way in which you cant produce a list of email addresses that are currently in the organisation? Reason for asking this is the fact that our marketing department want to know what email addresses we currently have asigned to staff and want me to produce a list of all email addresses for the company and the fact that there are over 150 staff on site it will be a bit of a nightmare, so if anyone has any ideas of how to accomplish this then i would be most grateful Regards Neil P Use the script from my blog HOW TO: Export all email addresses from a domain http://www.sunej...

Prevent Viewing on worksheet
Dear All, I want to prevent some other one can view some of worksheets in my workbook. Although Excel can hide the worksheet, it can be unhide again without protection. Does anyone know how to do so? Best Rdgs Ellis In article <e8qbxl2uGHA.5056@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, "Ellis Yu" <> wrote: >Dear All, > > I want to prevent some other one can view some of worksheets in my >workbook. Although Excel can hide the worksheet, it can be unhide again >without protection. Does anyone know how to do so? If you don't want others to...

Outlook 2003 annoyance: cannot create a note from a message
In the past, I used to be able to create Notes by dragging a message with some important information into my Notes folder; Outlook 2003 will let you drag the message but the Note it creates does not contain anything in the body of the message--just the message header--making the Note useless! This is a know issue. If I recall correctly it should be fixed in SP1. As a workaround you can change the message format of that message to Plain Text. It should work now. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipst...

Undeliverable email
I send and receive email many times a day, but there are two email addresses (both are family members) where I get a message from the System Administrator saying: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: Date/Time The following recipients could not be reached: (person's name and email address, Date/Time 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts(#5.7.1) Can anybody help me with solving this problem? Thanks You probably need to set up authentication to your outgoing mail server, which can be done on the "Out...

Entourage Email Prints Conversation Field
Hi All, Just upgraded to office 2004 sp2 on my Mac Mini, and noticed when I print or forward emails I see "conversation" field is displayed and carrying the same content as a subject. I know office 2004 has new future now that msn messenger is integrated. but I just don't care for it and is there anyway I can turn off the future of conversation? better can I not have this "conversation" field printed or displayed when I forward an email? thanks for any help you might have. Tammie Hi, the conversation field has nothing to do with Microsoft Messenger;...

Auto-move to Junk Email folder
Friends, neghibors, countrymen, I set up a "block senders" list but they all still show up in my inbox. When I click on my inbox, Outlook seems to go down the list of emails in the inbox and automtically moves each blocked one to the junk email folder. HOWEVER, it stops procesing every time it hits an email not on the blocked list. I would much rather it either just never show the "blocked sender's" emails in the inbox or just go down the list and remove all the "blocked sender's" emails without waiting on input from me. I know I have to check ...

Outlook Connector move to new pc 03-10-10
Hello I've been using outlook connector for hotmail with outlook 2007, and now I got a new PC and don't want to sync everything all over, OST file is 900MB so that's a lot of download time I configured my email again on the new PC and that created a new OST file and the common sense to do is to replace the new file with my old one and things should work, but that didn't happen I know I can move all the emails to a PST and import that but then I'll end up with duplicates since outlook connector will sync them again anyway Is there any way to move an old OST fil...

Email field information for .msg file outside of Outlook
I have implemented a mailbox size limit for all users. Users found out that they could drag their emails to their network drives. These emails are .msg files, and they only display the subject of the email. Users now want to be able to view more information, at least the date that they recieved the emails. When I view the properties of the .msg files I only see the date that the files were moved instead of the date that they were received. Is there any way to get windows to display more information than the subject? If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, then you can en...

outlook connect two exchange servers simultaneously
Is there any know trick to get Outlook to connect to two exchange servers simultaneously. I know that this is not supported. I know I can use OWA and Outlook. I know I can set up multiple profiles with different exchange servers. I know I can even specify which profile to load via the desktop icon/shortcut target (c:\...outlook.exe /profile <name>). BUT I am guessing someone has figured out some way to accomplish this. there a way to have multiple instances of outlook running simultaneously (each one pointing to a different profile) thanks K no... "AdminKen&q...

Sending a fax from Outlook 2007 for first time
I can't find how to prepare and send a fax from Outlook 2007. I see and use the email pane. I have an iFax account, if I can send the fax from my PC!!!! -- David "daviddc" <> wrote in message >I can't find how to prepare and send a fax from Outlook 2007. I see and use > the email pane. I have an iFax account, if I can send the fax from my > PC!!!! Shouldn't you be asking the support staff at iFax this question? From what I can see at, you print ...

Email Merge
I have created an email in publisher and want to send to all my contacts and merge there names in and send. Does anyone know how to do a email merge with Publisher? You don't thankfully!!! -- ...

Exch2003 not Journalling incoming Internet email
Hi I have a problem with Exchange 2003. We have enabled message journalling for archive purposes. All outgoing / internal emails are journalling fine however no incoming Internet emails are journalling. This used to work until a few months back but we have only discovered it now. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP1. This problem seems to have started before SP2 installation. Please help! In, Paul Le Page <> typed: > Hi > > I have a problem with Exchange ...

Internal email address disappear
Hi We are running SBS 2003 and exchange 2003 and office 2003. One of out computers have a problem when we are trying to send an email to an internal account. When we type the email address in the field To, cc og bcc it disappears right after we have finished typing. I have installed all updates to Windows xp, and office 2003. Further I have runned eScan (it did not find any virus) and Ad-Aware and removed what it wanted to remove. But all of the above have not helped a bit :( There are not any problems when we send emails to an external account... Do anyone have an idea of what could be ...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

How to manipulate Outlook data from MS Access
When the Calendar folder is used as a linked table in MS Access, only some fields are shown. Is there a way to have them all? The linked table method has major limitations, including the inability = to show even all the reasonably important fields. While articles have = been written on how to expand on this method's obvious features, I've = never been able to duplicate the results. See = .=20 That page will also give you other ideas on how to work with databases = and Outlook together. You'll need to write code or use a t...

Cannot access menus in Outlook 2002
When I try to use a menu option (tools, view, file, etc) a faded outline of the drop-down box appears and Outlook crashes, offering to send a report to MS. MSOfficeXP has been removed and re-installed with no change, I have done a change/repair with no change, deleted the email profile, same story. Any help is appreciated, thanks! ...

How prevent input mask appearing in locked date field?
Access 2003. When user clicks in a date field that has enabled = false, locked = true, the input mask appears even though no data can be entered. Seems like an Access bug. How to prevent mask appearing? -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". This is no problem for me in Access 2003! When a control is set to Enabled = False Locked = True Access won't let me move into the control! -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message po...

Rules keep getting deleted
I use Outlook 2003 and I synch with my laptop using synchpst. When I create rules in Outlook after a week or so when I receive mail an error message will appear that states outlook cannot move message to the folder that I set up the rule for. When I check the rule the folder reverts back to unspecified folder with an error icon. I should also mention that I transfer my PST files to the laptop and bck to the desktop to ensure full synch. Any idea why this happens? Win XP Pro system Kitaman <> wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 and I synch with my laptop usin...

Help, I have lost my tool bar to create a new email
I accidently deleted my tool bar that displays the new, delete, refresh etc. Does anyone know how to get it back. Version of outlook? right click on the toolbar area, choose customize and look on the first tab - add checks to the toolbars listed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: Outlook Tips by email: EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LS...

No emails go to the outbox.
Ijust got outlook 2003. My older outlook program worked like this. I would type an email. I would click send, at which point the email would go into the outbox. When I was ready, I would click the send/receive button, and the email(s) would be sent. Now... I type my email. I click send, but nothing shows up in the outbox. I know it has not sent because when I then click send/receive, it goes out. I have been all over the place and I can't figure out what setting is making this happen, or if something odd has happened in the installation of the program. Thank you, Sunny ...

Prevent Deletion of emails from Shared Mailbox
Hello I have a Remote Exchange Server and my users access shared mailboxes via OWA by opening another mailbox option. Can you advise how can i restirct my users from dleeting the email items from the shared mailbox. I just want them to Read / Reply & forward Emails. But not to delete any items from the box -- Regards Sanjay Mishra I believe that you cannot achieve that on any version of Exchange, "Sanjay Mishra" <> wrote in message > Hello > > I have a Remote Ex...

Configure newsgroup in outlook
Hi, Can I configure newsgroup in Outlook 2003? How? -- Rodrigo Ferreira Rodrigo Ferreira wrote: > Can I configure newsgroup in Outlook 2003? How? Yes and no. You can get a menu item under Go that launches Outlook Express, but it isn't Newsgroups in Outlook. 2003 actually removed it by default, since too many people were confused. talks about how to re-add it. has some add-ins that will put newsgroups in Outlook if you really want it. -- f.h. ...

Searching for emails in archived folders...
I have been requested to search for any email correspondance from/to a particular employee who left the company over a year ago. We have archiving setup for 6 months on every email account. This means that I will have to log on as each user and check their archive folders for said correspondence. Since this is of a private matter to the company, we cannot simply request to have each user search their own archives. Is there anyway, besides me viewing each archive individually that I could automate a search in all archive folders? or does someone have a better idea?? (no we do not have ...

adding a new email address format
We currently use firstinitial then lastname as an email address such as I need to add firstname.lastname to all users such as What is the easiest way to accomplish this? Is there a script or something? Add it to your default recipient policy and apply it. It will update all mail-enabled objects with the new address. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! (RSS Feed) "Brandon" <> wrote in message news:eOxOSzZhGHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx....

I have a csv! file with the number 90E0014 as one of the fields. Opening it in excel causes it to be displayed as 9.00E+15 though. I don't want this to happen. Actually, there's many numbers that have the E in it that's displayed that way in this csv file. I've tried putting quotes (") around each field, but this doesn't help. Same concept applies with dates - ie. if you enter 1/02 - it's displayed as 2nd January How do I get this to NOT automatically change the contents when displaying it in excel. Remember, this is a csv file, not a workbook - this does ...