How do I prevent emails from being deleted from Outlook?

It seems rthat emails that appear on Outlook two to three days ago are gone.
I have done nothing (i believe) to cause them to disappear.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks

PDA syncing with Outlook? Or perhaps you are Auto Archiving?

dizclu wrote:

> It seems rthat emails that appear on Outlook two to three days ago are gone.
> I have done nothing (i believe) to cause them to disappear.  Any help would
> be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
Bob
12/2/2009 8:52:37 PM
In addition to the PDA and auto archiving suggestions, are you perhaps
filtering your view? View > Current View. Ensure that Messages is checked.

> PDA syncing with Outlook? Or perhaps you are Auto Archiving?
>
> dizclu wrote:
>
> > It seems rthat emails that appear on Outlook two to three days ago are
gone.
> > I have done nothing (i believe) to cause them to disappear.  Any help
would
> > be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

0
Kathleen

Outlook Email Account File
I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files so that I don't have to re-enter all the accounts. Anybody know the name of the file? Thanks, John John P. Chambers, LCSW, LMFT, LPC wrote: || I am moving two outlook accounts to a laptop for a trip. No problem || finding and moving the .pst files. However, I can not figure out the || file that the mail accounts are in. I would like to find these files || so that I don't have to r...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

unexpected deletion of e-mails
Dear All during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on their systems or any Error in my server. I have an exchange server 2003 and my clients use Microsoft Outlook XP or Microsoft Outlook 2000. I appreciate any guide. Regards M.Hasanabadi On 3 Jul 2006 00:51:43 -0700, hasanabadi@gmail.com wrote: >Dear All >during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox >have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on >their systems or any Error in my server. ...

Can Outlook be set to display email in text only
For security I don't want Outlook to display incomming e-mail in html, i want to use plain text only. I have the mail format in options set to plain text but I still receive my Em in html. Is it possiable to do this nd if so HOW??? Thanks PS I am using Office 2000 Not in your version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Phido asked: | For security I ...

Workflow for new orders sending multiple emails
We have a workflow setup to confirm new orders by sending an email to our customer. This workflow has been running for over a year. The rule or some other component seems to have broken down as we've had reports from customers of receiving multiple emails for the same order. One customer reported 188 emails for a single order, which I confirmed through message tracking on our Exchange server. Any ideas? Windows 2000 domain Exchange 2000 on mail server, SQL 2000 for DB Dedicated servers (1 ADC, 1 Exchange, 1 SQL/CRM) CRM 1.2 Thank you. ...

Zoom adjustment on outgoing emails...
I must have hit some button that has zoomed (enlarged the font and email signature on my outgoing emails. Can seem to figure out how to adjust back and all formatting looks the same as it did before problem occurred. thanks. What Mail program are you using? There should be some method of adjusting the font size in the Mail program. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "DMarkeldt" <DMarkeldt@discu...

How to create and access (add/delete mails) .PST file at runtime?
Hi, I need to store selected mails into some different .pst file at runtime. Also want to access those mails in .pst at runtime. I can import and export mails into .MSG file. But it is hard to maintain mails as .msg files. My queries are, 1. How to create/open .PST file at runtime ? 2. How to add/delete (import/export) mails (any format like .MSG, ..EML, etc.,) into .PST at runtime ? Is there any way to handle this kind of situation thru Outlook object model or CDO or Extended MAPI or Redemption or any other way? Thanks in advance with best regards, Kumar 1. Use Namespace.AddStore/Re...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Need help importing Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts to CRM 3.0
Hi, Using MS outlook 2003, I've exported my Outlook Business Contact Manager Accounts into a .CSV file. I've then gone into CRM and gone to Tools - Import and selected the CSV. I don't really understand the field mapping part of the import wizard. When I click Import it says that all the records failed to import. Can somebody please help me. Thanks Gary Check out the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3d36ac8e-b485-4f0c-9dec-c9bacbad1a73&DisplayLang=en It has the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft...

Outlook Express #188
Email arrives with header intact, but body of mesages are missing. Thoughts? Tom <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Email arrives with header intact, but body of mesages are > missing. Thoughts? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cannot delete old events in PF calendar exchage 2000
Hope some one can help me. I have a client that is running exchange 2000. They have a public calendar that was created by someone (they do not know) in 2001. I have added a client as the owner of the PF. But they cannot delete or modify any old events. The message says you do not have permission. New events added have no problems. On 20 Apr 2006 10:34:22 -0700, cbehnke@raclink.com wrote: >Hope some one can help me. I have a client that is running exchange >2000. They have a public calendar that was created by someone (they do >not know) in 2001. I have added a client as th...

email not being sent?
I have an Exchange server 2003. We use outlook 2000. I have had this recurring problem that raises its head from time to time. We have about 100 users. Generally everything works. But from time to time an individual workstations that worked fine before now stops being able to send mail. It can receive mail ok. What happens is that when the mail is sent it disappears from the out mail box but is not delivered. It just disappears into never never land. On this one computer I even logged in as myself instead of the user, set up my outlook mail account and same thing. In other ...

Forwarding Sent Email
Hi, I am trying to find a function in Exchange Server 2003 which can allow a department's manager to be able to automatically receive a copy of email that his/her department's staffs sent. Unfortunately, I cannot locate this function in Exchange. If such option available, can someone tell me where to find it in Exchange? or else, is there any 3rd tools I can use to accomplish this? Thanks. On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:21:00 -0800, Alice <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to find a function in Exchange Server 2003 which can allow a >departm...

Multiple email addresses #5
I have Exchange 2003 Standard w/SP2 on a Win2K3 R2 DC using Outlook 2K3 has the email client. I have 3 email domains setup for each user account. eg. jdoe@aaa.com, jdoe@bbb.com & jdoe@ccc.com. I recieve email to all. Can I send out email from any one of the specific email addresses if used in a mailbox enviroment? The only way I know how to do this now is through POP3. You could either set up separate accounts for each email address, assign Full Mailbox Access and Send As permissions to the new mailbox(es), and have them change the FROM field when sending out.. - or look at 3rd par...

Authentication problems in Outlook
We several users here who use Outlook (2000 SP3, I think most of them are) to check mail on a local Sendmail server with one domain name, and on a remote Exchange server using another domain name (SMTP authentication turned on). Some people have no problems at all. Other people have intermittent problems (mostly "can't connect to <remote mail server>"). The admin of the Exchange server did notice that all the authentications seem to be taking place with the user's sendmail server info, failing, then using the user's Exchange server info successfully. I'm won...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Trying to turn on filters for junk email
Hello, I have tried several time to turn on the filters for junk email. I get a message to run Setup again, select "Add or Remove Features" and change the feature to "Run from My Computer" or "Run from CD/Network". I have applied the settings, but when I go into Outlook to send mail to the junk email, I always's get the above statement. What do I do? I have applied the settings several times, rebooted my computer, and still will not send junk email out. ...

Local Email Bounced

Outlook 2002 email accounts problems
When I try to send mail from an account other than my default account it gives me an error message and I have to close out. I also can not edit my send/receive groups. Any thoughts? No, I don't have any ideas since none of the things I have tried to solve my problem work. ...

Saving archived emails?
I'm plan to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC, but without Outlook: Windows Mail and Calendar do all I need. I've imported all my emails into Outlook Express, and then to Windows Mail, but OE won't import the Archive Folders (pst files). Is there a way I can save the contents of the archives in eml format? -- Nigel M On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:29:10 +0000, Nigel Molesworth wrote: >I'm plan to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC, but without Outlook: >Windows Mail and Calendar do all I need. > >I've imported all my emails into Outlook Express, and then to Wi...

chime for incoming email
is there a way to change the chime sound that occurs when mail comes in? Just switched from a 98 to an XP machine. Wouldn't have thought that that would matter, but the sound I get now is very subtle and I sometimes don't even notice it. My version of Office is 2000-SP3 9.0.0.6627 (This is my third time in three days trying to post this; not sure why it hasn't been showing up!) Go into Control Panel , select sonds, themes and adjust it from there. >-----Original Message----- >is there a way to change the chime sound that occurs when >mail comes in? Just switc...

Which newsgroup for Outlook Express?
I can't see to find an English newsgroup for OE on my ISP's list. Can you tell me the main one please or answer this question here thanks... If I copy and paste text into a new newsgroup posting or a reply to an existing one the test is inserted as RTF (or possibly HTML). This is regardless of what I set under "Tools -> Options -> Send -> News Sending Format. To get it all in plain text I have to change the format to RTF then back again to plain text - which is a pain. Is there a way to "compose" have it always paste text in as plain text regardless of the so...

Error (0x80040115) message & slow email
Task 'MSN Mailbox - glholmquist1@msn.com - Sending' reported error (0x80040115) : 'The operation could not be completed because you are working offline or because of an error on the network. Try to connect to the network again, and then repeat the operation.' I always get this message when I send mail through Outlook 2002 SP3 & also email is very slow. ...

i can't send email
i am getting the same error message as "pixiechick". have tried all suggestions nothing seems to work. please help. You have the *exact* same error message? Not very likely. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Teian" <Teian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BE98857-6F50-49B2-9AAB-A45DC1052160@microsoft.com... >i am getting the same error mess...