How do I get a split screen for mail and calendar in Outlook?

You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the
middle on a split screen.  I can't find that option anymore and am wondering
if it still exists and if so, where.  I don't want to have to toggle between
email and calendar.  Any suggestions?

Outlook 2007 - on the to do bar on far right click the "<<" at the top.

Opens the To Do bar with calendar that has days with appointments hilited
and upcoming appointments listed below calendar.

"rakugirl2001" <rakugirl2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the
> middle on a split screen.  I can't find that option anymore and am
> wondering
> if it still exists and if so, where.  I don't want to have to toggle
> between
> email and calendar.  Any suggestions?

0
Jim
11/19/2009 9:38:20 PM
This is an outlook 2007 only option (and 2010).  Try Alt+F2 to cycle through
on, off and minimized.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"rakugirl2001" <rakugirl2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You used to be able to have your calendar on the right and email in the
> middle on a split screen.  I can't find that option anymore and am
> wondering
> if it still exists and if so, where.  I don't want to have to toggle
> between
> email and calendar.  Any suggestions?

0
Diane

Outlook 2003 and junkmail and rules
the outlook 2003 junkmail filter worked well until i added a simple rule to move all incoming messages for my 2nd email account to a folder. the spam addressed to that email account remains in the folder i specified. i could not find any way to configure the junkmail filter to make it function properly. it appears that all my new messages must remain in the inbox folder for the junk mail filter to be effective. ...

Help with font size in Outlook 2003
Hi, how do I increase the font size of the "To" "Bcc" and "From" fields? It's really small and hard to see. I know how to change the font size when composing and viewing so I read it, but the above drives me crazy! Any suggestions or is it even possible to increase the size? Thanks, -- Cheryl ...

Not All E-Mails Routed Into CRM
Running CRM 1.2. E-Mail Router installed on Exchange 2003 server. Sometimes replies to E-Mails that originated from CRM do not necessarily go into CRM even though the GUID is in the Subject line. Is this just a bug or is there a more sinister reason for this happening :0) Maybe this post and the one I just posted (16:40ish GMT 8th Novemeber) are related? -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user "HSP" wrote: > Running CRM 1.2. > E-Mail Router installed on Exchange 2003 server. > Sometimes replies to E-Mails that originated from CRM do not necessarily go > into CRM even though ...

Black Screen
I have started up my laptop with windows xp but after the windows load screen it turns black and just sits there. I attempted to restart in safe mode but i did the same thing only the black screen had "safe mode" in all corners. ...

Outlook Express attachments #9
When opening an e-mail with an attachment I get the message "OE has denied access to unsafe attachment". It does this with every email w/ attachments. This is on a XP machine. Is it some security setting? Thanks! laura "llbskt" <llbskt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:093501c3d91d$5972a370$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When opening an e-mail with an attachment I get the > message "OE has denied access to unsafe attachment". It > does this with every email w/ attachments. This is on a > XP machine. Is it some security setting? > Yes! Yes! Y...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

Windows Mail not opening
I was not able to use Windows Mail after downloading Windows Essentials/Windows Live Email. When on some websites and requesting information; the website will attempt to open my Email program. Even though I now use Windows Live Email, the sites attempt to open Windows Mail (which will not open). Can I safely delete/uninstall Windows mail, without interfering with Windows Live Mail (which works fine!). If so; will my visited websutes now attempt to open Windows Live Mail? Thank you, Snakedoctor Try repairing the WinMail database: www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ You can also go to...

Outlook 2007 not receiving all exchange emails
I have set up my dad's outlook 2007 to connect to his work exchange server (i think that is a 2000 exchange server). It has been able to download almost 3000 inbox emails, and calendar info, contacts etc but has now stopped getting any more (and hasn't received any more for several months). It says Connected to Microsoft Exchange in the corner and has a progress bar saying Updating Inbox, but nothing more is downloaded. I am using a VPN to his work to connect. Is there a limit on the amount it can download, the outlook0.ost file is 1.50 gb, which seems too exact to just be a coinciden...

Colour values of calendar categories
Hi I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword, and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc). Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better still, just let me know what they are? Thanks in advance Steve Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the mouse cursor was placed over. But I don'...

All user Calendars shared read/write by default
Hello, I'm working on a network that was setup by someone else a couple years back. We're in the process of moving all Calendar information from an online service into Outlook. I noticed something odd in doing this: All the users calendars are available to anyone else for reading AND writing AND deleting. Meaning, you can add whoever you want into Shared Calendars and can then do anything you want to their calendar. There's nothing in the Sharing properties that points to anyone else having rights. There's nothing server side that I can find that allows this. Our Active ...

Very strange problem with Outlook folders
I recently spent a whole lot of time going through the 750+ messages in my inbox and sorting them into 5 folders: two for retention (long term, short term) and three for response (high priority, medium priority and low priority). Of course I deleted some of them as well. The two retention folders pre-existed this process, but the three response folders were created at this time. A few weeks after completing all that work, I was keeping my inbox nice and small (<20 messages) by moving them into those 5 folders as I received them. I was logged onto the network (I use a laptop and I trave...

A Crystal Beginner

stuck mail queue
Hi microsoft, I can send can recieve mail from other domains but can not send mail out? Could that be a fault on the translation port? Any Ideas? The outgoing mail is queing Up Thanks ...

Outlook Activation/PDA outlook version
Microsoft will not fully activate a OUTLOOK program that came with my Toshiba PDA, they say "cannot activate due to already activated on another machine", I deleated the program on the machine they mention however still dosent activate. Trying to work through Microsoft they wont help cause Toshiba sold me that version. if so how can microsoft limit my outlook and not answer my qustion. ...

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

Get paid while you get online!!

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Question about forwarding mail to a POP3 server
I'm running exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 and have come across a difficult situation. Maybe one of you can help. Our client has the SBS inside their network and are using Outlook 2003 to interface with the Exchange server. They also have a POP3 server that sits out on the 'net. We have configured each client with an Exchange mail box as well as access to their POP3 account. When Outlook sends and receives it collects from both the local Exchange server as well as the POP3 boxes. When a user sends they use the Exchange server. Pretty straight forward so far. The challenge we ...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...