How do I fix Outlook Error: 5102 -

Follow
Email
I am receiving the message Error 5102 The server has reported a temporary
error.
Maximum request length exceeded.  This message received for over a week.
Incoming and outgoing e-mail works for short time then stops
0
Reply Utf 4/12/2010 6:05:01 PM

Chris W wrote:

> I am receiving the message Error 5102 The server has reported a temporary
> error.
> Maximum request length exceeded.  This message received for over a week.
> Incoming and outgoing e-mail works for short time then stops

Since this is a server error, you can't do anything about it.  Have you yet
contacted your unidentified e-mail provider to notify them about the
continuing problem for the past week?
0
Reply VanguardLH 4/12/2010 6:55:50 PM
Follow
Email

How do I re-direct my current e-mail address through outlook???
I cannot send or receive any e-mails using outlook. I have set up my account but it still won't send or receive e-mails. Hello TomLock, you wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:16:56 -0700: > I cannot send or receive any e-mails using outlook. I have set up my account > but it still won't send or receive e-mails. Do you receive any error messages? -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Outlook is very slow to open since new router installed
We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook. Any clues? We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I (personally) have noticed no difference but our other users have. tia Check your hardware configurations as if this was working before and the only change was hardware, 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Multiple Outlook Problems
I am running Office XP. Recently I have been unable to open links in e-mail messages unless IE is already open. It tries to link, shows hourglass, but then goes back top teh email message. If IE is open, it works fine. Sometimes even have trouple opening Excel attachments unless Excel is already open. Tried fixing by using "detect and repair" in the Help menu. Now whenever I try to open Outlook I get four error messages in succession. Each referrs to an add-in that is missing or defective. The messaages are long but end as follows: ....\addins\msspc.ecf .....

shared outlook express
I recently installed Windows XP. I have set up 3 users. We have Outlook Express as our email and share this email. Now with XP, if an email comes in when one is one, the others do not see it. How do I go about sharing Outlook Express so that all 3 users see the same email folders and what is in them? thx Really best to use three POP accounts for this purpose..but note, This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more...

Outlook 2000 -Send Emial HELP
Hello, All of a sudden my outgoing email is being sent automatically when I hit the send button rather than waiting in my outbox for me to manually sned them. Can someone tell me how to correct this?? -- Thanks, Jeff How are you connecting to your internet account? If you use a LAN with ol2000 in corp mode I think it always sends immediately. Also, see if any of the tabs in tools, options has a send immediately option checked. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google a...

Default Outlook Font
Can anyone help. I administer Outlook 2000 for 80 users and our company recently went through a re-branding process whereby our Outlook font changed from the default of Arial 10 to Verdana 10. I have got the users to update their own profile with the change with no problems. What I want to know is: Is there any way that the default font can be changed so that any new users I set up the font is automatically Verdana 10? I have to change it manually for each new user which is a pain. Many thanks. ...

OUTLOOK.EXE error when closing outlook
I have Outlook 2000 sr1 with the attachment security patch applied. Whenever I close down outlook I receive an error message - "outlook.exe has generated errors error log is being created" Here is the error log: Application exception occurred: App: (pid=396) When: 1/15/2004 @ 12:03:16.715 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) *----> System Information <----* Computer Name: xxxx User Name: xxxxx Number of Processors: 1 Processor Type: x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 Windows 2000 Version: 5.0 Cu...

Outlook 2007 doesnt receive all mail
Just loaded Outlook 2007 onto my Vista laptop. After some juggleing I have managed to set up two POP mail based email addresses under one profile. So to test the system I have been sending messages to and from a hotmail live account I have. If I send to both addresses, only one arrives in the inbox. I fI sedn seperate messages to it - only the one to the other account comes through???? So each account will receive some messages indicating the set up is right but not on every occasion. Anyone got any suggestions for this? Have you also installed Microsoft Outlook Connector? If n...

outlook express #240
Hello, I need some help. Someway, somehow, I lost the viewing of my inbox, by this I mean that I can't see my inbox with my folders,delete folder,drafts, outbox,sent items. I think you know what I am talking about. Please help. Thanks timswish timswish <timswish@charter.net> wrote: > I need some help. Someway, somehow, I lost the > viewing of my inbox, by this I mean that I can't see my > inbox with my folders,delete folder,drafts, outbox,sent > items. I think you know what I am talking about. Please > help. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. See ...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Outlook 2003 #210
I just got a new DELL computer and I transfered my old email files OL 2002 from Gateway to OL 2003.When I go to send email I receive "runtime error 2147467259(80004005) method ~ of object~failed. how do I get rid of this error. Van ...

how to resetC:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.
This message always apears after I try to start Outlook 2007 . Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. It worked now the bugger has gone on holiday. Please help I can' access any of my stored e-mails ...

Outlook-Exchange bug???
Hello I'm just running this simple macro through a button to move to a folder of a shared mailbox. Sub Proc1() Dim MyFolder As MAPIFolder Set MyFolder = GetFolder("Postfach - SharedMailbox\FolderA") Sue's function Set Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder = MyFolder End Sub The macro works fine except in a case: when clicking on the button and until that moment the user didn't had no interaction with the shared mailbox. If this condition happens then the user goes to the folder but no preview pane is available, it becomes grey. You ca...

error connecting to OWA from outside organisation
WXP SP2 IExplorer 5 or 6 sits and hangs after loading most of page. error's with line 98 char 191 error xml is not an object code 0 url ..... /controls/ctrl_reminder.htc any help greatly appretiated pete ...

Transferring files from Outlook Express to Outlook?
Prior to installing Office, I used Outlook Express for e-mail? Now that I'm using Outlook, how can I get the files (in-box, sent items, etc.) from Outlook Express to Outlook? From within OE choose File-> Export-> Messages... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EEC479-BC11-4596-8BA1-379C745C67F3@microsoft.com... > Prior to installing Office, I used Outlook E...

Can't find project or library Error?
I installed office 2003 but I had to uninstall it and reinstall officeXP but now I get the "Can't find project or library" error message when I run my macro. The line it gives this on is ...

Outlook 2002 #91
When I click on Outlook, I get the following error message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folder. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." After the I click the O.K. button on the message, I get the following message: "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" After Outlook opens, when I attempt to open one of the Outlook Short folders, the following appears on the screen: "Unable to di...

Body text missing when replying in Outlook Web Access
When a user replies to an email using OWA, the recipient receives the email, sees the reply message, but does not get the preceding text content of the original message. The same user can reply successfully when using Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000 when in the office. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks, Lou. Are you using SSL? Does it still happen if SSL is disabled? Is Basic Authentication selected in IIS? Does it happen from other workstations/browsers? Lou Di Pietro wrote: > When a user replies to an email using OWA, the recipient receives the email, > sees ...

Publisher 2002 Startup Error
On a new clean installation of Windows XP and a clean install of Publsiher 2002, when I try and start Publsiher, it tells me it could not load the hyphenation dictionary. If I click on the OK button, it still goes into Publisher and I can use the spell checker. But this message comes up everytime I open Publisher. I tried an uninstall and re-install and the same error comes up. Anyone had this happen before? Darryl Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=office%20xp&productID=&DisplayLang=en Try a "detect and repair&quo...

Outlook Clogs
My small office is running Outlook 2000 on all the PC's without the benefit of Exchange. We are experiencing email clogs from our internet email provider, pretty much on a daily basis on different users. My provider keeps telling me that this is a software issue with Outlook. Has anyone ever experienced this type of problem? Is there some type of setting or update in Outlook that can ease the problem? Thanks! Karen What do you mean by "email clogs"? What are the symptoms? I assume that you have POP3 accounts? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting ...

Outlook nickname list question
I would like to know how the sort order is determined when populating the nickname list that Outlook uses when you start typing names in the To: field. I will try to explain why we want to know. Here's the situation: Machine#1 - When you type in the first couple of letters of a name and get your nickname drop down list, the names listed appear to be sorted in alphabetical order. Machine #2 - When you type in the first couple of letters of a name and get your nickname drop down list, the names do not appear to be sorted in any order. Does anyone know how Outlook decides to so...

Outlook 2003 Mail Filter oddity
Hello, I've tested this issue on another computer running IMAP on Outlook 2003 and it doesn't occur. The user says this was not always occuring. My client uses Outlook 2003 configured with IMAP, it has a mail rule to move sent items from the local PST to the sent items folder in the IMAP account. When the mail is moved by the mail rule it places the email at the top of the list under the IMAP sent items folder. The user filters his sent items "Arranged by: TO" w/ "A on top" It is only filed appropriately after he clicks on the email in ...

Changing default email programme from Outlook express to M'soft Outlook
1 How is this done? Have loaded the software and set Outlook as default but cannot send emails from Outlook and received mails still go into Express 2 How does one copy personal folders across 1) You can change your default mail program by: - Open Internet Explorer - Go to Tools -> Internet Options - Click on the programs tab - next to "E-mail", select Microsoft Outlook ***You may still be receiving mails in Outlook Express because you still have it open. You need to close Outlook Express and only open Outlook in order to EXCLUSIVELY RECEIVE mail in Outlook. 2)You can use...