How do I connect to IncrediMail? I use Vista, Windows 7, Virgin

I have used IncrediMail for years and love it but since installing Windows 7
I just cannot connect to it. In consequence, I have had to set up an email
account with Virgin Media.
I updated IncrediMail to see if that worked - no. I have tried all the
"help" but cannot understand what to fill in, in the sections - I need
step-by-step instructions. Gringe (or whatever) didn't give enough detail -
just gave, "fill in on screen instructions"! I don't know exactly what to
type in the sections for IncrediMail.

Please help as I cannot use a boring email account any longer.

"FleeMA" <FleeMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have used IncrediMail for years and love it but since installing Windows
> 7
> I just cannot connect to it. In consequence, I have had to set up an email
> account with Virgin Media.
> I updated IncrediMail to see if that worked - no. I have tried all the
> "help" but cannot understand what to fill in, in the sections - I need
> step-by-step instructions. Gringe (or whatever) didn't give enough
> detail -
> just gave, "fill in on screen instructions"! I don't know exactly what to
> type in the sections for IncrediMail.
>
> Please help as I cannot use a boring email account any longer.

This is a group for Microsoft Outlook part of the Microsoft Office suite and
NOTHING to do with "incredimail".

You need to find a forum for incredimail and post there.

0
Gordon
1/6/2010 2:00:53 PM
FleeMA wrote:

> I have used IncrediMail for years and love it

How is this an issue with Outlook, the topic of THIS newsgroup?

> but since installing Windows 7 I just cannot connect to it.

Incredimail is an e-mail client (and a bad one), not an e-mail server.  You
don't connect to Incredimail.  You run it (and have *it* connect to an
e-mail server).

Did you reinstall Incredimail after installing the new OS?

> In consequence, I have had to set up an email account with Virgin Media.

Nothing to do with whatever e-mail client you chose to use.  Mail servers
don't care which e-mail client you use to connect to them.

> I updated IncrediMail to see if that worked - no.

Oh, so you did install Incredimail after installing the OS.  So just what
does "cannot connect" mean?  How do you know it won't connect?  Might there
perhaps be an error message?

> I have tried all the "help" but cannot understand what to fill in, in the
> sections - I need step-by-step instructions.

Your e-mail provider should tell you what values to use for what settings.
You then match those settings with the ones presented in your e-mail client
when defining an e-mail account within it.

> Gringe (or whatever) didn't give enough detail - just gave, "fill in on
> screen instructions"! I don't know exactly what to type in the sections
> for IncrediMail.
>
> Please help as I cannot use a boring email account any longer.

All *accounts* are boring even if you using Incredimail.  An account (for
e-mail service), again, doesn't care which e-mail client you connect to it.
The account defines the resources you are allocated to use an e-mail
*service* and has nothing to do with what e-mail client you use.

If you cannot follow the instructions that lists the settings for an e-mail
service to figure out to which fields they belong in the definition of an
account within your e-mail client then I suspect you shouldn't be using a
computer at all.  Their instructions will tell you the hostname for the
receiving mail host so that's what you put into the account definition in
your e-mail client.  They'll tell you what port to use, whether to enable
SSL or not (you don't need to understand SSL but just match up on the
settings), and so on.

Good luck trying to get any help from the author of Incredimal.  They don't
support their own product - but they'll gladly accept your money if you go
to their payware version.  Start here:

http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/choose-your-version.aspx

Incredimail - The choice of immature, irresponsible, and ignorant e-mail
users

Incredimail is the choice of immature e-mail users, those that need to hide
the fact that they have little substance in the content of their message and
need to fluff it up with extraneous style and extra garbage.  Or maybe you
are a marketer or spammer and that's why you need to bloat your messages:
little to say so use something to enlarge it.  Sure, yeah, your recipients
want e-mails that are ten times larger than necessary and bloated with fluff
backgrounds, music, gifs, and other non-essential crap.  A simple 2KB
message will bloat up to 55KB, or worse.  Are you trying to irritate your
recipients that still use dial-up by making them wait longer to receive your
bloated mails?  You'll find anything you have in Incredimail, like contacts,
will be hard or impossible to get out once you decide to leave it.

Use a good e-mail program.  Incredimail isn't one of them.  If you decide to
continue using it, expect some of your recipients to block that crap-ridden
mail or even have it tagged as spam if you send many mails to the same
domain, especially for short messages since the fluff crap will constitute
most of the message and be seen as the major content of all those repetitive
e-mails.  Also, you may find your recipients don't appreciate getting
childish content.  The HTML coding it employs is awful, and it is highly
likely that most if not all of your e-mails don't even require being sent as
HTML messages (which, at a minimum, doubles the size of your mails to
provide an HTML copy and a plain-text copy assuming that Incredimail follows
the RFC standards which wouldn't be a surprise if they don't).

Be a responsible and considerate email sender.  Don't use Incredimail which
emphasizes style over content; i.e., you waste the recipient's time,
bandwidth, and disk space with fluff.  Once you decide it is crap, you'll be
back asking how to uninstall it.  ISPs or e-mail providers will support only
one or few e-mail clients (to minimize the training or expertise required by
their techs since the operation of the e-mail client is not their concern
but only in the settings needed for it to use their e-mail service).  Don't
expect any to help you with Incredimail.  From what I read, don't even
expect Incredimail to help you with Incredimail.  Did you even see a FAQ or
help page at their web site?  Well, there is a very, VERY minimal help page
but no link to it from their main page (go hunting on their other web pages
and look at the bottom for a list of links).

When I send e-mail, I expect only my mail server to get it and deliver it to
the recipient.  However, with Incredimail, it also connects to them to send
information about your use of Incredimail.  Read
http://email.about.com/cs/incredimailtips/qt/et063003.htm.  Doesn't anyone
bother to read their, um, "policies"
(http://www.incredimail.com/english/privacy.asp)?  They announce that they
will collect info regarding your e-mails.  Oh no, they're not spyware but
they DO collect info on your e-mails.  Sure, they don't spy, uh huh - but
they DO spy.  An e-mail client should only be connecting to the user's mail
server, not to Incredimail's server, too.  They would like to redefine the
term "spyware" to not include themself.  People got enraged with Gmail doing
that to provide targeted marketing.  No email program should track your
email (date & time, how many times you use their program, which pictures you
used) and store this marketing data on a server located in a foreign country
- but Incredimail does.  They admit that they collect info about your sent
e-mails which means a data collection and transmission mechanism is already
incorporated into their e-mail client. With that link between your computer
and their server, they can collect any information you enter into their
email program, including the contents of your mails, mail servers, and even
passwords.  They *promise* not to interrogate the contents of your e-mails
but the mechanism is already there to send them whatever they want, and they
already openly admit to spying on you.  The data is stored on their servers
in Israel.  Do you know the privacy laws there?  Have you ever dealt with
Israeli companies?

From their site, "IncrediMail relies on two platforms to make an income; 1)
the sale of its software products and 2) advertisement via the Status Window
in the application and on the Web site."  So either you buy it from them or
you choose to use their adware (ads in their Status window).  Not only do
they spew ads in your face but they also append their "promotional" spam
signature at the end of every one of your outbound e-mails.  Free accounts
at Yahoo and Hotmail do that, too, and why I will receive from their service
but I will NOT send through it.  Instead use your own ISP's SMTP server to
send your outbound mails.  However, if you use the free Incredimail client,
you spew spam in every one of your outbound mails.  Do you think your
recipients really appreciate getting Incredimail's ugly advertisement at the
end of your mails?  You think your e-mails look professional with someone's
spam tacked onto the end of it (in addition to all the fluff they add to
bloat the size of your e-mails)?  Are you devoted to producing amateurish
e-mails?

So here is crapware that severely bloats the size of mails, used by children
and spammers to hide that there is little content in their mails, spies on
your mails, spews ads in your face (unless you buy it although other *good*
e-mail clients are free), and spamifies your outbound e-mails.  Sometimes it
is difficult to believe that so many adults are so gullible and also such
irresponsible e-mailers.
0
VanguardLH

Using Contacts as my address book does not display the names correctly
Hi I have my Contacts folder set as the address book which allows me to address email messages. My Contacts folder is carefully arranged to display as Surname Firstname. But when the email accesses the Contacts list, they are displayed Firstname Surname. I need to see Surnames in alpha order when I'm addressing an email, but I can't seem to get it to show them that way. Can anyone help please? Thanks, Change that here in OL2003: Tools menu > Email accounts > View/Change existing directories/address books > Click Next > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Clic...

Journal
I am using Outlook 2002/XP. I use journaling to keep log hours I have spent on different projects over the weeks. I work on different projects and every day I log entries in the journal (with an Entry Type of Task, Meeting or whatever; and I use the Company field for the Project name; and I key in the number of hours spent in the Duration field). What I would like is a sort of report or view where by given a start and end date the outlook would provide me with consolidated figures (for example, to get total number of hours spent on each project in a given month) Any ideas about...

Problem: Attribute "border" exists, but can not be used for this element
hi asp.net 3.5 when validating my site I get the error mention in the subject of this post, here is the source code generating the problem. I mean thisis the source code taken from the browser: <span><input type="image" name="ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit" id="ctl00_Login2_LoginView1_Login1_Submit" src="Images/Go.gif" alt="alt text is here" onclick="javascript:WebForm_DoPostBackWithOptions(new WebForm_PostBackOptions(&quot;ctl00$Login2$LoginView1$Login1$Submit&quot;, &quot;&quot;, true, &...

Pivot Table Totals When Using Pages
Dear fellow Excel 2003 users, I have a pivot table that lists hours of several employees. A manager asked if there was a way to view just the non-billable hours. No sweat, I added a page field and selected non-billable and the sum of hours and the grand total showed just the non-billable hours. However, he was hoping to see the data section of the pivot table show just the non-billable hours with a column next to it showing the percentage of non-billable compared to the grand total of billable and non-billable. Problem: after scouring Google and the Help file, I cannot find a way to kee...

Regularly uses up all it's memory
This is a Dell L700 CXE, 700 MHZ, 128 MB RAM In normal operation, W98SE uses all but about 4 MB free RAM. I look at my process utilities, see nothing unusual or abnormal. I run few installs, have few that start with windows, same apps that I use on other machines, but they have more memory. I used to see some articles by experts when W98 was current that that was normal and expected, not harmful. Comment? ms On 01/23/2010 03:29 PM, ms wrote: > This is a Dell L700 CXE, 700 MHZ, 128 MB RAM > > In normal operation, W98SE uses all but about 4 MB free RAM. I look...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Reply using OFT removing HTML
I set up a rule to auto reply whenever certain mail messages arrive. I designed an Outlook OFT file and it works fine except the reply strips all HTML and just delivers the plain text. Is there a way to include the HTML formatting in the reply message? It looks fine when I open the OFT file, all the HTML is there. Using Outlook 2003. Thanks. No, that's just the way autoreplies work.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, ...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

New to Using Outlook Help Please
Hi I'm transferrring for the first time from using a paper diary to using Outlook. Is there such a thing as a basic tutorial in how to use Outlook and its features. If so would truly appreciate a link. Happy New Year there are tutorials all over the internet. I have these two sites with lots of information and tips for using outlook but it's not really specific to 'converting from a paper diary'. It's usually easier to play around with it to learn how it works then if you have a specific problem, search for it or ask here. Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Using a blacklist filter
I have been looking at ways to stop/slow the use of our server to cause hundreds of NDRs. I have Symantec's Anti-Spam for Exchange running, but it doesn't seem to do the job well. I have added Microsoft's Intelligent Message Filter recently and I'm hoping this will work. However, I am wondering if I can use a Blacklist filter from a group such as VISI.com Relay Stop List on an Exchange 2003 server? They say anyone with a mail server that supports DNS-based blocking lists should be able to work with their list. Has anyone set this up and if so, what do I need to do? ...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Using custom built MFC library instead of MFC71.dll
Hi, I have rebuilt the MFC library due to a corrected bug in oledisp1.cpp. (See previous post) I named the libraries CCMFC71.DLL instead of the standard MFC71.dll. (ccmfc71u.dll etc) (I obviously don't want to replace the standard MFC71.DLL) Now how do I get my MFC (7.1) projects to use this library instead of MFC71.dll I can find no references of MFC71.lib in the project. thanks and regards Anders Sandberg libs are all added in afx.h (at least upto VC7.0) "Anders Sandberg" <anders.sandberg@nospam.se> wrote in message news:#iWxTq#mEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...

Is there a way to sum a column using criteria from multiple column
I'm not sure how to ask this, I am currently working on a spreadsheet that has an itemized worksheet depicting each budget approval (Sheet2). I have it tied into our complete budget so that it automatically adds and/or subtracts the amounts according to the date... =SUMIF('Sheet2'!$K:$K,"="&(TEXT(D$5,"mmm-yy")),'Sheet2'!$E:$E) ....but I also need it to be specific to the "BUD#" and "LINE#" (see below). SHEET2 A B C D E BUD # LINE # CAF Date Constructed Key Field Dollar Amount AUBUD 01 12/9/05 =TEXT(C1,"mmm-yy"...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

character limit using mail merge
using Publisher 2003, attempting to mail merge text into a text box. Warning pop-up states that only 255 characters are allowed. I need to increase the amount of characters-is this possible? ASMITH <ASMITH@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > using Publisher 2003, attempting to mail merge text into a text box. > Warning pop-up states that only 255 characters are allowed. I need > to increase the amount of characters-is this possible? Not without using multiple fields. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks very much! I assume you mea...

windows live 04-09-10
windows live tells me i have messenger, but i can not find it and my green icon is gone". i have tried to delete windows live and hopefully install again but to no avail.can someone give me a little help PLEASE. i am using windows XP pro The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to issues directly = affecting the Windows Live Mail program. For help with a Live Messenger problem,=20 please go to http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=3D2 =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...