How do I connect to IncrediMail? I use Vista, Windows 7, Virgin

I have used IncrediMail for years and love it but since installing Windows 7
I just cannot connect to it. In consequence, I have had to set up an email
account with Virgin Media.
I updated IncrediMail to see if that worked - no. I have tried all the
"help" but cannot understand what to fill in, in the sections - I need
step-by-step instructions. Gringe (or whatever) didn't give enough detail -
just gave, "fill in on screen instructions"! I don't know exactly what to
type in the sections for IncrediMail.

Please help as I cannot use a boring email account any longer.

"FleeMA" <> wrote in message
> I have used IncrediMail for years and love it but since installing Windows
> 7
> I just cannot connect to it. In consequence, I have had to set up an email
> account with Virgin Media.
> I updated IncrediMail to see if that worked - no. I have tried all the
> "help" but cannot understand what to fill in, in the sections - I need
> step-by-step instructions. Gringe (or whatever) didn't give enough
> detail -
> just gave, "fill in on screen instructions"! I don't know exactly what to
> type in the sections for IncrediMail.
> Please help as I cannot use a boring email account any longer.

This is a group for Microsoft Outlook part of the Microsoft Office suite and
NOTHING to do with "incredimail".

You need to find a forum for incredimail and post there.

1/6/2010 2:00:53 PM
FleeMA wrote:

> I have used IncrediMail for years and love it

How is this an issue with Outlook, the topic of THIS newsgroup?

> but since installing Windows 7 I just cannot connect to it.

Incredimail is an e-mail client (and a bad one), not an e-mail server.  You
don't connect to Incredimail.  You run it (and have *it* connect to an
e-mail server).

Did you reinstall Incredimail after installing the new OS?

> In consequence, I have had to set up an email account with Virgin Media.

Nothing to do with whatever e-mail client you chose to use.  Mail servers
don't care which e-mail client you use to connect to them.

> I updated IncrediMail to see if that worked - no.

Oh, so you did install Incredimail after installing the OS.  So just what
does "cannot connect" mean?  How do you know it won't connect?  Might there
perhaps be an error message?

> I have tried all the "help" but cannot understand what to fill in, in the
> sections - I need step-by-step instructions.

Your e-mail provider should tell you what values to use for what settings.
You then match those settings with the ones presented in your e-mail client
when defining an e-mail account within it.

> Gringe (or whatever) didn't give enough detail - just gave, "fill in on
> screen instructions"! I don't know exactly what to type in the sections
> for IncrediMail.
> Please help as I cannot use a boring email account any longer.

All *accounts* are boring even if you using Incredimail.  An account (for
e-mail service), again, doesn't care which e-mail client you connect to it.
The account defines the resources you are allocated to use an e-mail
*service* and has nothing to do with what e-mail client you use.

If you cannot follow the instructions that lists the settings for an e-mail
service to figure out to which fields they belong in the definition of an
account within your e-mail client then I suspect you shouldn't be using a
computer at all.  Their instructions will tell you the hostname for the
receiving mail host so that's what you put into the account definition in
your e-mail client.  They'll tell you what port to use, whether to enable
SSL or not (you don't need to understand SSL but just match up on the
settings), and so on.

Good luck trying to get any help from the author of Incredimal.  They don't
support their own product - but they'll gladly accept your money if you go
to their payware version.  Start here:

Incredimail - The choice of immature, irresponsible, and ignorant e-mail

Incredimail is the choice of immature e-mail users, those that need to hide
the fact that they have little substance in the content of their message and
need to fluff it up with extraneous style and extra garbage.  Or maybe you
are a marketer or spammer and that's why you need to bloat your messages:
little to say so use something to enlarge it.  Sure, yeah, your recipients
want e-mails that are ten times larger than necessary and bloated with fluff
backgrounds, music, gifs, and other non-essential crap.  A simple 2KB
message will bloat up to 55KB, or worse.  Are you trying to irritate your
recipients that still use dial-up by making them wait longer to receive your
bloated mails?  You'll find anything you have in Incredimail, like contacts,
will be hard or impossible to get out once you decide to leave it.

Use a good e-mail program.  Incredimail isn't one of them.  If you decide to
continue using it, expect some of your recipients to block that crap-ridden
mail or even have it tagged as spam if you send many mails to the same
domain, especially for short messages since the fluff crap will constitute
most of the message and be seen as the major content of all those repetitive
e-mails.  Also, you may find your recipients don't appreciate getting
childish content.  The HTML coding it employs is awful, and it is highly
likely that most if not all of your e-mails don't even require being sent as
HTML messages (which, at a minimum, doubles the size of your mails to
provide an HTML copy and a plain-text copy assuming that Incredimail follows
the RFC standards which wouldn't be a surprise if they don't).

Be a responsible and considerate email sender.  Don't use Incredimail which
emphasizes style over content; i.e., you waste the recipient's time,
bandwidth, and disk space with fluff.  Once you decide it is crap, you'll be
back asking how to uninstall it.  ISPs or e-mail providers will support only
one or few e-mail clients (to minimize the training or expertise required by
their techs since the operation of the e-mail client is not their concern
but only in the settings needed for it to use their e-mail service).  Don't
expect any to help you with Incredimail.  From what I read, don't even
expect Incredimail to help you with Incredimail.  Did you even see a FAQ or
help page at their web site?  Well, there is a very, VERY minimal help page
but no link to it from their main page (go hunting on their other web pages
and look at the bottom for a list of links).

When I send e-mail, I expect only my mail server to get it and deliver it to
the recipient.  However, with Incredimail, it also connects to them to send
information about your use of Incredimail.  Read  Doesn't anyone
bother to read their, um, "policies"
(  They announce that they
will collect info regarding your e-mails.  Oh no, they're not spyware but
they DO collect info on your e-mails.  Sure, they don't spy, uh huh - but
they DO spy.  An e-mail client should only be connecting to the user's mail
server, not to Incredimail's server, too.  They would like to redefine the
term "spyware" to not include themself.  People got enraged with Gmail doing
that to provide targeted marketing.  No email program should track your
email (date & time, how many times you use their program, which pictures you
used) and store this marketing data on a server located in a foreign country
- but Incredimail does.  They admit that they collect info about your sent
e-mails which means a data collection and transmission mechanism is already
incorporated into their e-mail client. With that link between your computer
and their server, they can collect any information you enter into their
email program, including the contents of your mails, mail servers, and even
passwords.  They *promise* not to interrogate the contents of your e-mails
but the mechanism is already there to send them whatever they want, and they
already openly admit to spying on you.  The data is stored on their servers
in Israel.  Do you know the privacy laws there?  Have you ever dealt with
Israeli companies?

From their site, "IncrediMail relies on two platforms to make an income; 1)
the sale of its software products and 2) advertisement via the Status Window
in the application and on the Web site."  So either you buy it from them or
you choose to use their adware (ads in their Status window).  Not only do
they spew ads in your face but they also append their "promotional" spam
signature at the end of every one of your outbound e-mails.  Free accounts
at Yahoo and Hotmail do that, too, and why I will receive from their service
but I will NOT send through it.  Instead use your own ISP's SMTP server to
send your outbound mails.  However, if you use the free Incredimail client,
you spew spam in every one of your outbound mails.  Do you think your
recipients really appreciate getting Incredimail's ugly advertisement at the
end of your mails?  You think your e-mails look professional with someone's
spam tacked onto the end of it (in addition to all the fluff they add to
bloat the size of your e-mails)?  Are you devoted to producing amateurish

So here is crapware that severely bloats the size of mails, used by children
and spammers to hide that there is little content in their mails, spies on
your mails, spews ads in your face (unless you buy it although other *good*
e-mail clients are free), and spamifies your outbound e-mails.  Sometimes it
is difficult to believe that so many adults are so gullible and also such
irresponsible e-mailers.

onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote
Help me please! I just reinstalled Office 2007 and I get this message when trying to send an email to OneNote from Outlook onenote add-in cannot connect to onenote. Make sure OneNote add-ins are enabled (they are) in the Add-Ins category of the OneNote application options. How can I fix this?? ...

Reminders behind other windows
Why do all of my reminders, email notification, etc. popup behind the other windows I have open instead of in front? Thanks ...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Using LIKE
Hi. I am trying to trigger a msgbox when the Country is blank (here, this means US) and the zipcode is less than 5 digits, but I'm not sure how to work with "Like" correctly- the code is not triggered. I'd appreciate your insight. Thanks. Case 4 '5-Digit US StrZip code If (strZip Like "#" Or strZip Like "##" Or strZip Like "###" Or strZip Like "####") And IsNull(Country) Then MsgBox "'" & strZip & "' is not a valid 5-digit US Zip code." Me.PostalCode1.Value = Null ...

GP 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade failed during "Load Table Auto Procs"
Hi, Upgrading a client from GP 7.5 (SP6) SQL to 9.0 In the "Server Installation Progress" window (normal upgrade in GP Utilities) During "Updating database: xxxxxx" in step "Load Table Auto Procs" We receive the message (window title: Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities): "The stored procedure UpdateDB_Upgrade() of form duSQL Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0." with the OK button. Responded to the message 4 times, then... "Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed." Anyone run ...

Erratic Connections to Email Servers
I use Outlook2000 for all email activity. I connect to several different email servers daily. Everything works fine except for one account (hosted by register.Com). After connecting to the email server, incoming mail works fine, but outgoing mail is "strange". Mail in my Outlook Outbox created in a previous session goes out fine. But mail in that same Outbox created during the current session "just sits there". The workaround is to close the session after completing new and replies and restart Outlook. support admits that there are problems wit...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 connectivity
Dear All: I need a hand because I don't know how to do this and was hoping you could help me. We have put a new install of exchange 5.5 on a win2k member server to replace an old storemail1 computer which ran under Winnt 4.0 server. The name of the old storemail1 computer is storemail1. The NT domain of storemail1 is storemail The exchange 5.5 site is storemail. (server storemail1 in site storemail). The host name in DNS tab of tcpip properties of storemail1 is storemail. the domain in DNS tab of tcpip properties is The old storemail computer is attached to the same netw...

using workflow to create a record
Hello I don't think this is possible but thought I'd ask before giving up. I would like to know if you can write a workflow rule that would create a new record. Basically out of all my contacts I have 232 consultants. I have created a new entity -Consultant Profile and for each of the 232 consultants/contact there should be a profile. I was wondering if there was a way to quickly create a new consultant profile for each of these contacts without having to manually go into each one and select new. I know it's a long shot!! Thanks very much and happy new year Suzi Suzi...

How to get query to return total using wildcard
I have a query that has 3 criterion in it as follows: Business Unit, Location, Category. These criterion are all chosen by the user on a loaded form. Currently the results then are based on what is chosen from a drop down list for each of the 3 criterion. The user also wants a total option. Meaning if Business Unit is chosen, and Location and Category are not chosen (or if a wildcard is chosen) the result returns a total based on that Business Unit. How do I write this in the query? You have to use a union query, one part for details and the other for the totals. Use cri...

Downloaded file using Outlook
When I download an Excel file using Outlook, the excel file continues to prompt me to connect to my internet provider. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to eliminate this problem? Pls. advise.....thanks Rick ...

how to generate programmaticaly rdlc files at runtime using
Hello, I"m working with some application development(crm solution) with require to generate programmaticaly rdlc file at runtime, but i don't know how to do. msdn online help only provides tutorial on how to generate rdl file but not rdlc files. Any Help will be welcome. thank in advance. Stephane ...

Outlook 2003 unstable in Windows 7 x64
I installed Office 2003 on brand new Windows 7 x64 a few eeks ago. No problems installing, no problems transferring all data from old system, never any problem opening Outlook, or any other office apps. Everything (Windows, Office ) at the latest update SP and release. Outlook regulary stops working, and restarts. Quite often when starting a new email. I have removed all add ins. Often Outlook will also not close - when using the "X" at the top Right hand corner. When this happens it can only be closed using file exit. Never ever had any of these issues when running on ...

Child Window Cannot Receive Messages
i have an application, that follows the View/Doc Architecture, i have a Frame Window, a View, and in addition, i define another child winodw of CButton , the problem is that the last child window doesnot receive any mouse messages/? The default OnBnClicked is never called. What is wrong?? I don't see a problem:- 1) Create an SDI doc/view app 2) subclassed CButton and created CMyButton and then added the reflect handler =BN_CLICKED. void CMyButton::OnBnClicked() { AfxMessageBox("test"); } 3) Add member variables in the view of the type CMyButton. CMyButton m...

Problem in converting double to String useing fprintf()
Dearl all, I found a problem in converting a double number to string by using fprintf. Please see the following code: double myDouble = 393.525; char mystringDouble[100]; fprintf( mystringDouble, "%.2f", myDouble ); // After this line mystringDouble will be "393.52" myDouble = 394.525; fprintf( mystringDouble, "%.2f", myDouble ); // After this line mystringDouble will be "394.53" I wonder why the 2nd part of my code can rounding myDouble correctly, while the 1st part fail? Any method can round double correctly in MFC? Marco Any of the printf func...

Contacts Window Settings
Is there any way to dock the Contacts window on the left side of the main window, say below the Mail window, like you can in Outlook Express? Hi Jon, Outlook and Outlook Express have different user interfaces, and unfortunately what you are asking cannot be done in Outlook. Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >From: "JonWayne" <> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook >Subject: Contacts Window Settings >Lines: 4 >X-Pri...

HQ Client connection scheduling
Hi, Can anyone recommend a method or (free or cheap!) third-party tool that will allow a shop's HQ Client to connect more frequently than just once every hour? Thanks, T. Hi Tara, Could you not just change the connection method in the store properties at HQ to 'connect every X minutes within the hour? (X being the number of minutes you would want to connect, so 5 would connect every 5 minutes) Matt "Tara" <> wrote in message > Hi, Can anyone recommend a method or (free o...

Windows Mail
I do not know how to set up windows mail. I have Windows Vista. My home page is & I also receive my e-mails from there also. Would like to be able to us Windos Mail also. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me on how to set this up? Thanks Jim Rogers Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish Adding a New Charter Account in Windows Vista Mail -- ...

How to use different imagelist in header control and CListView?
Hi I recently encountered this problem. I have set one imagelist to the header control and another imagelist to the CListView. Later I found that the imagelist of the header control is changed to the one I set for the CListView. After some debugging, I realized that whenever I set imagelist to CListView, the Header control imagelist will be set to the same as its parent (CListView). I am able to prevent the setting of imagelist to the header control for CListCtrl. But for the CListView, I do not know how. Does anyone has the solution for this issue? Appreciate your help. Thanks. Tham...

Must be administrator to use Money2001
Hi I use Money 2001 on a Win2k machine. I usually log on as a 'power user', but In order to load Money onto the computer I needed to log on as an administrator. Now whenever I want to use Money, I have to log on as an administrator to access the files. How can I change things to make it easier? Thanks In, Rob wrote: > How can I change things to make it easier? Get Money 2003 or 2004. That's one of the handy features of M2001. You need M2003 or M2004. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Connecting to outlook
How do I connect to my suddenlink internet provider using outlook? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange "LaVerne Abraham" wrote in message > How do I connect to my suddenlink internet provider using outlook? > Outlook doesn't care how you access the internet. I presume, you mean "how do I set up my suddenlink email account in Outlook"? If th...

Windows Calendar disappeared from Win7
I recently installed Microsoft Office Professional 2007 onto my Win7. I just went to launch my calendar, and I find Windows Calendar disappeared as a choice from my start menu. I could not find it with a search from the box on the Start menu, and I could not find it in the Accessories folder. Searching, I found that *.ics is the filetype for Windows Calendar. So I searched for *.ics on my drive, and I launched the found data file. That action brought up Outlook's calendar. I infer Outlook removed Windows Calendar. What do I have to do to get Windows Calendar back? What should ...

Installing Office 2000 on Windows 7
I have already uninstalled the Office 2007 on my new laptop and wish to install Office 2000 which I had purchased previously. I install it and it says it's successful but when I try to open Microsoft Word (which is the only program I actually want), the page opens and then doesn't respond. I've uninstalled and installed it a number of times but the same thing keeps coming up. I don't particular wish to buy a new copy of Office. Anyone know why this is happening? All I want to do is use Microsoft Word! Did you uninstall the complete Trial and also the Activation ...

sumifs using dynamic criteria
any way to use dynamic data in the sumifs function? For example, the sumifs function I am using is below: =SUMIFS(Table5[Quantity Open],Table5[Item Number],A360,Table5[Release Date],"<09/28/09") I would rather not hard code the date criteria, but point to a cell containing the date. However, once I start adding greater than/less than to the equation, I can't make it work. Any ideas??? Thanks! First time I've tried this, but with the data in the same sheet and the references in D1 and D2: =SUMIFS(Qty,Dates,"<"&D2,Item,"="&D1) HTH...

Outlook Connect Error
I have one Live Hotmail account connected to OL2007 using the latest OL Connect sofware. I want to connect a second. So I used Outlook Connect->Add New Account, but when I try to open the "folder" for the account I get and error message - "Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file c:\.....\accountname_live.ost is not an offl;ine folder file" The account does not seem to be connected - this problem fixed itself after a system restart - I dont know nor do I care to know why this is so - did it on a hunch "wallaby" <no...