Garbled incoming e-mails in Outlook 2003

About xix months ago I noticed an intermittent problem with my incoming
e-mails.  Some would arrive with blank "To" fields, blank Subject lines, and
a bunch of data that showed the body of the e-mail did not arrive completely.
 It's getting worse.  My e-mail is hosted by Network Solutions.  Their
webmail works fine; the e-mails just can't seem to get from them to Outlook
2003 in one piece all the time.  The problem happens whether I go through my
Cox Communicatitons cable modem or my ATT Laplink Cart.  Is the problem with
Outlook?  Should I run "detect and repair."  Should I reinstall?  If I do
reinstall, I do I make sure all my Outlook subfolders, etc. will be restored?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Dan

The only time I have seen what you describe is when the sender sets the
message encoding to "User Defined".  If the sender sets this correctly to
their region (e.g. Western European) then all is well.  You can tell if this
is the case by look at the header of the message as it will state the
content type.

/neo

PS - reinstalling will not fix.  the sender must switch to a different
encoding type.

"Dan Schultz" <DanSchultz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> About xix months ago I noticed an intermittent problem with my incoming
> e-mails.  Some would arrive with blank "To" fields, blank Subject lines,
> and
> a bunch of data that showed the body of the e-mail did not arrive
> completely.
> It's getting worse.  My e-mail is hosted by Network Solutions.  Their
> webmail works fine; the e-mails just can't seem to get from them to
> Outlook
> 2003 in one piece all the time.  The problem happens whether I go through
> my
> Cox Communicatitons cable modem or my ATT Laplink Cart.  Is the problem
> with
> Outlook?  Should I run "detect and repair."  Should I reinstall?  If I do
> reinstall, I do I make sure all my Outlook subfolders, etc. will be
> restored?
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thank you.
> Dan

0
neo

E-mail Statements needs option to attach a file
It would be very helpful to have a new option in Tools | Routines | Sales | Statements > Select "E-mail Options" that includes a button for "Attachments" that will attach a file or files to each Customer Statement sent out via E-mail. This will allow us to send a marketing brochure, or other customer communication, along with the Customer Statement. That is what we do with mailed Statements to get marketing information to the customer on a routine basis. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with th...

cannot send in windows mail, but i can receieve it
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'stuff!', Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E When you got that error was your Internet connection being obtained from Optonline, or were you using a laptop away from home? If sending from home, Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermole...

Outlook 2003: Message/Contact display name issue
Hi, I want my outgoing emails to only show the email addresses of the recipients. Sometimes the outgoing message have only an email address in the To: Field, other times email addresses show more like something like this 'FirstName LastName (emailaddressATdomain.com)' Is there a way to tell Outlook to always/only use the persons email address...without having to go into every contacts display name field and make a change there? Thanks for some insight into this issue and possible solutions. Bye, JV ...

Mail Merge from Excel To Publisher
My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? Format the field as text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cbrock" <cbrock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D555C38-8A3D-4CEF-9683-B9FD80AFAA9E@microsoft.com... > My address book in Excel has a properly formated zip code column but when it > transfers to Publisher it drops the first digit if it's a zero. How to fix? ...

how do I unhide Excel 2003 spreadsheet rows with usual method.
I have hidden rows in a spreadsheet and how cannot access them. I have used all the suggested help methods. Basically only rows 1-30 are displayed, while the entire remaining spreadsheet is hidden. I have selected all, unhide and still nothing. Please help! I have, in the past (if not locked) Highlighted the rows on both sides then clicked "Unhide". Also try to grab a row and extend it. Sometimes they are not hidden,rather the row width or height is so narrow that you cant see the row in which case you have to resize all rows. "Sandy" wrote: > I have hidden ro...

How do I forward incoming email to only one user
I need to forward all email from a particular external address to one mailbox only. I know how to do it it in outlook, is there a way to create a similar rule on the exchange server. What version do you have? -- Jorge Patricio D�az Guzm�n MCP http://www.itpro.cl "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:E5628AB9-3FD9-4FED-A024-EC2CD53D66CE@microsoft.com... >I need to forward all email from a particular external address to one >mailbox > only. I know how to do it it in outlook, is there a way to create a > si...

Sharing folders in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know how to share folders in Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP Professional. Previously, I had Windows NT and Outlook 2000, and I was able to share folders (calendar, contacts, etc) with another computer on our office network as well as my home computer. That was apparently accomplished through Net Folders, but Net Folders is no longer a component of Office XP. Any suggestions? Kathy Hall See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm Kathy Hall wrote: > Does anyone know how to share folders in Outlook 2003. I > am running Windows XP Professional. Previous...

garbled fonts in email body text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange I tried deleting those two files in the User>Library>Caches and restarted but this has not fixed my problem. Any other suggestions? <br> primebowler <FONT FACE="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE='font-size:11pt'>On 11/19/09 6:31 AM, in article <a href="59babf3a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59babf3a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href="primebowleri@officeformac.com">primebowleri@officeformac....

Outlook link opens two browsers
Using OL 2003, when I click on a web link within a mail message I get two browsers that open with the same page. I used to get 1 browser and a window asking for the executable file to open in, I specified IE and now, 2 browsers!! Does anyone know how to get it back to one? This does not happen when I click a link in OL Express, or Firefox. Thanks, Lars ...

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient
I have a user who occassionally get the following when she tries to send an email: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients The following recipient(s) could not be reached: LastName, FirstName on 5/3/2010 11:02 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. There were three users in the To field and she got this for all three; the From field was empty. I checked TechNet and found some information, but none of it seems to apply to her: all three recipients are in the same domain as the sender and on the same Exchange mail...

Easy way to send Outlook 2003 calendar/contact items to Outlook 2000?
Is there an easy, no hassle way to send Outlook 2003 items to 2000? I've tried sending them as invitations, as attachments, and zipping them up and emailing them and nothing works--they all end up as plain text files. Brian Tillmand and Russ Valentine says that the only way to do it is it create a 97/2000 PST folder (see 9/30 posting), copy the items to that folder and then take it home on a disk. Reason I need these calendar items is that I'm a freelancer and am working offsite at a client's place for 3 months. I need to be able to put all my work history into my calendar ...

Access 2003 and SP2
Hi. I have recently had Office SP2 installed on my PC and now I can not open an Access database which I have been using for the past two years. I can, however, open the database on a PC which does not have SP2 installed on it. Any ideas? On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 03:44:01 -0800, stucampbell <stucampbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: One idea I have is to ask you what symptoms you are experiencing. Any error messages? Also, did you try to create a new database? Same problems? Did you try it on another computer? Also, why not install the latest service pack SP3? -Tom. >Hi. > &g...

Using POP for incoming, SMTP for outgoing
In Outlook Express, I could set up an account that used my company's POP3 mail server for incoming and my ISP's SMTP mail server for outgoing mail. I have set all the same types of settings in Outlook 2002 (I've downloaded & installed all the lastest patches, fixes, etc.). It won't let me send. I can receive, but it won't send Any ideas or further resources are appreciated. joezeppy wrote: > In Outlook Express, I could set up an account that used my company's > POP3 mail server for incoming and my ISP's SMTP mail server for > outgoing mail. I h...

Outlook 2003
XP sp2/Outlook 2003 I have a user who has created a custom view and as of yesterday it works only on the In Box main folders - applying it to the subfolders does change the appearance of the display. The View used to work on all folders. Has anyone had this issue before and if so, can you pass along info on how to remedy it? All assistance is GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you!! C. ...

Inserting picture into a Publisher 2007 mail merge
I am having trouble adding a picture to a Publisher 2007 mail merge. My data source is an Excel file, and I never had any problem with this merge with Publisher 2003. Now it just shows up in the document as a text box with the path in it instead of the actual photo. Thanks for any suggestions! Be certain when you are using 2007 you select More Items, Product Picture. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Anne" <anne@lutheranpartners.org> wrote in message news:25dbfcd6-3ca6-4487-ba1e-7a849d39b38e@g31g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >I am having trouble adding a picture to...

problem with links in Outlook e-mail
When I click on a link which appears in an Outlook e-mail message, it will open a new IE window, but the window will be blank rather than taking me to the site specified by the link. I'm using Outlook 2002, Windows XP (Home), and Internet Explorer 6.0. I have used Windows Update and and Office Update so I know that any fixes have been made. Do I have a setting that needs to be changed? Thank you ...

Exchange 2003 email receiving interval
We have been using Exchange Server 2000 using POP and receive email every 15 minutes -an interval that cannot be lowered. We will soon be installing Exchange 2003 SP2. Does anyone know if this email receiving interval of every 15 minutes works the same as in 2000? Thanks In news:1170184582.896985.204340@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, compsosinc@gmail.com <compsosinc@gmail.com> typed: > We have been using Exchange Server 2000 using POP and receive email > every 15 minutes -an interval that cannot be lowered. We will soon be > installing Exchange 2003 SP2. Does anyone know if...

Add color font on Signature E-mail
I cannot change the color of selected lines on my signature line of Outlook Express E-mail. I have copied and paste, but it continues to come out only in black. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks Ron C <Roncannons@aol.com> wrote: > I cannot change the color of selected lines on my signature > line of Outlook Express E-mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Setting Outlook 2007 as the default RSS reader
I figured out the key that i need to set. it is hkcr\feed\shell\open\command. However i dont know what argument to add to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe" to make the feed get added into outlook. Any ideas? ...

Cannot receive e-mail mailed to myself
Recently my home computer crashed. I restored the operating system and all program files from an image backup. Since then, when I e-mail to or from my office the sending computer gets the e-mails but the receiving computer gets nothing. Any help for that? What version of Outlook? What kind of mail server? (POP? IMAP? Exchange?). When you say "the sending computer gets the e-mails" do you mean they appear in the Inbox as if newly received? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer&...

Outlook hangs when quit
Hi, I have couple PCs that are experiencing this problem recently. When user closes Outlook, it shows "please wait while MS Outlook exists", and it never goes away. Have to use "Ctrl+Alt+Del" to kill the application. We are using Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000 sp3, Win2000 sp4. Can anyone help please? Thanks. Have you updated the PC's with the Office and Window updates? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have couple PCs that are experiencing this problem >recently. When user closes Outlook, it shows "please wait >while MS Outlook exists...

income/expenses spreadsheet for small shop
I need a simple spreadsheet to keep a log of daily takings and expenses for a small hairdressing salon Try to look at some of these to see if there are any that will fit you http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Trims" <Trims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD640E42-FD82-4E94-AA9E-4DB678F2489D@microsoft.com... >I need a simple spreadsheet to keep a log of daily takings and expenses for >a > small hair...

Outlook's CRM Email (Category / Sub Category)
We are in the process of moving from 1.2 to 3.0 and I've noticed a great discrepancy between the two versions when it comes to the Outlook integration. Previously the form for creating a new CRM email would be the same web form that was used by the web interface, which included among other things the category and sub category. Every one of our emails has a category, in fact we had to manually adjust the aspx file on every client because the subjects come from a pick list. Is this a glaring hole in Microsoft's new CRM? Does anyone have a work-around? On Jul 18, 10:30 am, Kevin S...

outlook and attachments
recently, i have been advised that attachments to e mails sent by myself, have not been received by the recipients. i have tried to correct this situation by: 1. disabling the anti virus software 2. reloading office XP small business software. 3. exporting and reimporting pst files. No success i have not (well to the best of my knowledge) changed any of my e mail settings. anybody had a similar experience and if so what needs to be done to correct this issue. thanks mel Check tools, Options, Mail Format and make sure that you're not set to rich text format. change to HTML or Pla...

Garbled Sound
What's goin on? When I'm playing tunes, whenever some program is having any activity at all, my WMP11 tracks are all garbled! Are you running Windows Vista? Does the following link help you out? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/How-do-I-stop-my-music-from-skipping-or-breaking-up-when-I-play-it Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk DavotheHippie wrote: > What's goin on? When I'm playing tunes, whenever some program is having any > activity at all, my WMP11 tracks are all garbled! ...