Emails sent are not being received by recipient

I am using Outlook 2007 installed via Office Professional 2007.  Up until a
couple of months ago, all seemed well.
When I use REPLY or REPLY ALL to an email is it not always received by the
recipient.
It sends, shows in the sent box, but the recipient does not recieve it.
There are NO indications it did not go out, and I don't get an error email
saying it did not get received or their was a problem.  ALL INDICATIONS POINT
TO IT WAS RECEIVED.

When I REPLY or REPLY ALL directly from my comast account, there are no
problems.  Therefore it seems to be an OUTLOOK 2007 problem as I have not
experieneced it in OUTLOOK 2003.

Skywalker111 wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2007 installed via Office Professional 2007.  Up until a
> couple of months ago, all seemed well.
> When I use REPLY or REPLY ALL to an email is it not always received by the
> recipient.
> It sends, shows in the sent box, but the recipient does not recieve it.
> There are NO indications it did not go out, and I don't get an error email
> saying it did not get received or their was a problem.  ALL INDICATIONS POINT
> TO IT WAS RECEIVED.
>
> When I REPLY or REPLY ALL directly from my comast account, there are no
> problems.  Therefore it seems to be an OUTLOOK 2007 problem as I have not
> experieneced it in OUTLOOK 2003.

If the message moves from the Outbox folder to the Sent Items folder then
Outlook got an +OK status back from the mail server indicating that the mail
server successfully accepted the e-mail.  Outlook is done.  It's up to
whatever is the mail server to do the rest.

Perhaps what you think is the mail server isn't the one out on the Internet
but actually running on your host.  Some anti-virus (AV) programs pretend to
be the mail server.  Rather than interrogate the e-mail traffic byte-by-byte
during transmission, they grab the entire message.  They do this by
pretending to be the mail server accepting the e-mail.  The e-mail client
gets an +OK status back from the mail server to which it connected but that
happens to be the AV program and not the real mail server.  It is then up to
the AV program to become the client and complete the transmission of the
message to the real mail server.  If the AV program, as the client, fails to
send your e-mail to the real mail server, there is be no indication of that
failure back in Outlook.  After all, Outlook completed its transaction
successfully so it was no longer in the loop.  You have to look at the logs
in your AV program to check if *it* had a successfull transmission with the
real mail server.  I believe this is how McAfee AV works.

E-mail scanning by your AV program is superfluous.  It affords you no more
protection than is already provided by the on-access (real-time) scanner.
Disable the e-mail scanner in your AV program.  Sometimes that is not
sufficient to get the AV program out of the flow of your e-mail traffic
(i.e., the AV's transparent proxy remains in the path; disabling it merely
means it doesn't interrogate the traffic but the traffic still goes through
it, so if there is a problem with their proxy then you still end up with
e-mail transmission problems).  You may have to uninstall the AV program and
then do a *custom* install where you elect to NOT include their e-mail
scanner component.
0
VanguardLH

Searching Archived Sent Items...?
Howdy, I am running OL2000. I have imported my archive folders so they appear in the folder tree. I can scroll through the various archived folders with no trouble. But, I cannot seem to get any aspect of the Find (or advanced Find) function to work. I needed to find a particular message to a certain colleague. No matter how I search, nothing is found, this, despite the fact that hundreds of messages to her are in plain view. For example, the "To:" field displays as "Suzie.Smith@herDomain.com but searching the "To:" field for "Suzie" or "Smith"...

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Sent messages display in Outbox
I use Outlook 2000 and Windows XP. When I compose a message and click on Send, the message appears in my Outbox. The messages are transmitted, but they still reside in Outbox. No sent message appears in the Sent folder, though I have selected the option for transmitted messages to be saved in the Sent folder. So the sent messages pile up in the Outbox. If a message cannot be transmitted for some reason, it would also appear in the Outbox, and I would not know that it had not transmitted since even the transmitted messages also appear there. I have tried to move messages to the Sent fol...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

When I open Outlook 2003 my send/receive does not automatically ha
I recently had to restore my entire computer due to a virus. I re-loaded outlook 2003 and it works but when I first open it I have to click send/receive to get my emails. That was not the case before the restore. Does anyone know how to fix this? Regards -- LCBSEL "LCBSEL" <LCBSEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:836A4C1A-B5B7-4C62-84E6-E4DB9AA30BC0@microsoft.com... >I recently had to restore my entire computer due to a virus. I re-loaded > outlook 2003 and it works but when I first open it I have to click > send/receive to get ...

Purging Junk Email
Hi. The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to take up way too much space on my exchange server. I need to know if there is a way of automatically purging my users' Junk E-mail Folders every week on the server side (Excahnge) as oppsed to the client side (Outlook). Yes, use Mailbox Manager its a very nice tool to keep your Exchange Mailboxes clean. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Otto H...

Hyperlinks blocked within email messages
Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages. I receive the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." "System administrator" would be me. This is a standalone computer connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem. There's no domain involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the problem. I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only started happening in the last week...

Differences between Bulk email, Email, and Bulk Emails inside Contact?
Hi Buddy, I would like to clarify the main differences between these three attributes, are they affecting the marketing list? If contact "Mr. A" is turn bulk email off, what would happen if we send out a email campaign? Is there any references that would let me to learn more on these attributes? Thanks a million! Below is an excerpt from the CRM help files. I hope this helps. My understanding is that if you select to Allow E-mail and select to Do Not Allow Bulk e-mail that the Contact or Account will receive "regular" e-mail but will not receive e-mail related to ...

error 80004005 changing DC on recipient update service (enterprise
When going into Exchange System Manager, under recipients, recipient update service, left panel - Recipient Update Service (Enterprise Configuration) properties, I want to change the Windows Domain Controller If I select Browse, I get Exchange System Manger The operation failed ID no: 80004005 Exchange System Manager OK - button I am running Exchange 2003 on a DC that is on Windows 2003 mixed mode. i just tried with Id. de artículo : 821465 and not fix de probelm. thanks for your help ...

import email from thunderbird
I need to import from thunderbird to outlook 2003. The help I find so far is not helpful, since it implies I need to either install a new version of netscape and import from tbird to netscape first, or import to outlook express first and then into outlook. I do not have outlook express. Why should I need to install a thrid program to import to as an intermediary step? Outlook does not find the email foders located in C:\Documents and Settings\userid\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\something.default\Mail , which is where tbird stores them. What's up with that? tom wright ...