Does Outlook reply to bcc recipients on a reply to all?

Hi

I've just had a minor email disaster where someone, who shouldn't have
received a copy of an email I sent, got one. The incoming email to which I
was replying was sent to me and one other recipient. Clearly I could not see
whether it had been bcc-ed to anyone apart from the two recipients I could
see. I replied to all and could see that it went only to the intended
recipients, but it became clear a few days later that someone else had
received a copy. Given who they are, it seems possible that the original
email may have been bcc-ed to them. Could my 'reply to all' have triggered a
bcc back to them of my reply?

Both 'official' recipients vehemently deny that they leaked and having seen
what the unintended recipient received, it doesn't look like it was
forwarded. The evidence seems to suggest that I inadvertently triggered a bcc
without being able to see I had done it.

Is this possible or do I have a leaky colleague? I am on Outlook 2007 on W7
Pro.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

TP

You've got a leak.  Remember what House says on the TV show:  "Everyone
lies."  Reply All will not go to BCC recipients.
--
Bill

"Tim P" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just had a minor email disaster where someone, who shouldn't have
> received a copy of an email I sent, got one. The incoming email to which I
> was replying was sent to me and one other recipient. Clearly I could not see
> whether it had been bcc-ed to anyone apart from the two recipients I could
> see. I replied to all and could see that it went only to the intended
> recipients, but it became clear a few days later that someone else had
> received a copy. Given who they are, it seems possible that the original
> email may have been bcc-ed to them. Could my 'reply to all' have triggered a
> bcc back to them of my reply?
>
> Both 'official' recipients vehemently deny that they leaked and having seen
> what the unintended recipient received, it doesn't look like it was
> forwarded. The evidence seems to suggest that I inadvertently triggered a bcc
> without being able to see I had done it.
>
> Is this possible or do I have a leaky colleague? I am on Outlook 2007 on W7
> Pro.
>
> Thanks in advance for any insights.
>
> TP
It's either an intentional leak by one of the recipients or they have a rule
sending everything to the other person. Or that person has access to the
recipients mailbox.  Reply to All did not do it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Tim P" <TimP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've just had a minor email disaster where someone, who shouldn't have
> received a copy of an email I sent, got one. The incoming email to which I
> was replying was sent to me and one other recipient. Clearly I could not
> see
> whether it had been bcc-ed to anyone apart from the two recipients I could
> see. I replied to all and could see that it went only to the intended
> recipients, but it became clear a few days later that someone else had
> received a copy. Given who they are, it seems possible that the original
> email may have been bcc-ed to them. Could my 'reply to all' have triggered
> bcc back to them of my reply?
>
> Both 'official' recipients vehemently deny that they leaked and having
> seen
> what the unintended recipient received, it doesn't look like it was
> forwarded. The evidence seems to suggest that I inadvertently triggered a
> bcc
> without being able to see I had done it.
>
> Is this possible or do I have a leaky colleague? I am on Outlook 2007 on
> W7
> Pro.
>
> Thanks in advance for any insights.
>
> TP

0
Diane

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook & Entourage

cannot send excel worksheet (sheet only) to mail recipient
When in Excel, I CAN send an excel spreadsheet as an attachment (file, send to, mail receipient as attachment). I can NOT send only a single sheet out of the worksheet to an email receipient (file, send to, mail recipient, send the current sheet as the message body). Error received says "Excel could not start the email program. Check your network connection. Make sure outlook is installed correctly, your email program is set up correctly, and you can connect to your email server." I am using MS Excel 2002 and MS Office 2003 in a Windows XP operating system. Hi Nancy See ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy
Dear all, I have root dc called test.com, child dc called hk.test.com and sg.test.com. hk.test.com is installed exchange2003 server. Now I would like to make sg.test.com to use hk.test.com 's mailbox store. Therefore I just install ESM in sg.test.com. When I create account, I can create the mailbox by using hk store. However, the "automatically update email address based on recipient policy" in Active directory user and Computer cannot in SMTP, X.400 etc. it cannot update the email adress from hk to sg. How can I do to make it update successfully? Thanks ...

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook XP to Outlook 2002
Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Files are incompatable (normal). Is there anyway this can be done. My computer at home is Brand new with MS Small for XP (new). I usually get my mail from work at home and at the end of the day(s), I create a *.pst to send to work and load into my main Outlook (2002 version). Any sugguestions if any. Thanks gene Gene <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP > (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Huh? Office XP contains Outlook 2002. ...