Can't send email to specific email address

  • Follow

Hi,

I have a problem with a specific email address. I am unable to send an email
to it (I am however able to recieve emails from it). When I send an email to
this address, it appears in my "sent items" folder and is not bounced back to
me, but the recipient does not receive it. This has started fairly recently;
in the past I was able to send this address an email. I am using Outlook 2007
and Vista. If I send an email to this address from my iphone, they receive
it. The iphone has the same incoming and outgoing server settings as Outlook
on my PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
--
Cruise Planners
0

CruisePlanner;114612 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with a specific email address. I am unable to send an
> email
> to it (I am however able to recieve emails from it). When I send an
> email to
> this address, it appears in my "sent items" folder and is not bounced
> back to
> me, but the recipient does not receive it. This has started fairly
> recently;
> in the past I was able to send this address an email. I am using
> Outlook 2007
> and Vista. If I send an email to this address from my iphone, they
> receive
> it. The iphone has the same incoming and outgoing server settings as
> Outlook
> on my PC.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If the message appears in the Sent Items folder, then it has been sent,
as far as Outlook is concerned.  This means that something downstream
from Outlook is interfering with delivery.  The first thing to check is
your antivirus program.  If you scan outgoing mail with an antivirus
program, you're wasting your time.  Uninstall the AV program and
reinstall it without the mail scanning feature.

If you don't scan outgoing mail, then the problem is with your mail
service provider.  You'll have to enlist their support to check the logs
on the server to see if their server records receipt of the message.  If
so, then clearly the problem is theirs to solve.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com