Attachments take a long time to load

  • Follow


Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid 
attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I 
got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous probs. 
I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen 
freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I 
think the install disk has a repair option  go that route?  Or is it just 
because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP 
server is Clearwire.
-- 
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium 

Thank-you 
Carl R

0
Reply Utf 5/14/2010 4:06:10 PM

"Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message 
news:B334BF53-6B23-4388-938F-DB215275B5EA@microsoft.com...

> Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid
> attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I
> got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous 
> probs.
> I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen
> freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I
> think the install disk has a repair option  go that route?  Or is it just
> because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP
> server is Clearwire.

Why would getting a smart phone make you switch your Outlook account type?
-- 
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] 

0
Reply Brian 5/14/2010 5:39:17 PM

HI Brian sorry I am not very familair with why but I was told by my ISP 
server and the Celluar company that If I wanted a copy onn my ISP server, and 
a copy on my e-mail cliient ( Outlook)  and then finally on my smart phone 
that I would have to change from pop to IMAP
-- 
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium 

Thank-you 
Carl R



"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message 
> news:B334BF53-6B23-4388-938F-DB215275B5EA@microsoft.com...
> 
> > Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid
> > attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I
> > got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous 
> > probs.
> > I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen
> > freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I
> > think the install disk has a repair option  go that route?  Or is it just
> > because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP
> > server is Clearwire.
> 
> Why would getting a smart phone make you switch your Outlook account type?
> -- 
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] 
> 
> .
> 
0
Reply Utf 5/16/2010 2:25:01 AM

"Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message 
news:B7AC6BA4-8931-4E83-895F-12ECE2675C94@microsoft.com...

> HI Brian sorry I am not very familair with why but I was told by my ISP
> server and the Celluar company that If I wanted a copy onn my ISP server, 
> and
> a copy on my e-mail cliient ( Outlook)  and then finally on my smart phone
> that I would have to change from pop to IMAP

Your ISP person doesn't understand mail.  You can do this with a POP account 
as well.  Just configure each client that needs to access the mailbox to leave 
a copy of the messages on the server so that when the next client accesses the 
mailbox, the messages are there to be seen by that client.  Designate (in your 
mind) one client to be the master and configure it to delete older messages 
after, say, five days so that your mailbox doesn't fill up or simply train 
yourself to log into the mailbox periodically via a web browser and clean out 
the messages you no longer need.
-- 
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] 

0
Reply Brian 5/17/2010 12:44:00 PM

3 Replies
969 Views

(page loaded in 1.475 seconds)


Reply: