Attachments take a long time to load

Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid
attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I
got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous probs.
I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen
freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I
think the install disk has a repair option  go that route?  Or is it just
because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP
server is Clearwire.
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition

Thank-you
Carl R

"Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message

> Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid
> attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I
> got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous
> probs.
> I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen
> freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I
> think the install disk has a repair option  go that route?  Or is it just
> because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP
> server is Clearwire.

Why would getting a smart phone make you switch your Outlook account type?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/14/2010 5:39:17 PM
HI Brian sorry I am not very familair with why but I was told by my ISP
server and the Celluar company that If I wanted a copy onn my ISP server, and
a copy on my e-mail cliient ( Outlook)  and then finally on my smart phone
that I would have to change from pop to IMAP
--

> HI Brian sorry I am not very familair with why but I was told by my ISP
> server and the Celluar company that If I wanted a copy onn my ISP server,
> and
> a copy on my e-mail cliient ( Outlook)  and then finally on my smart phone
> that I would have to change from pop to IMAP

Your ISP person doesn't understand mail.  You can do this with a POP account
as well.  Just configure each client that needs to access the mailbox to leave
a copy of the messages on the server so that when the next client accesses the
mailbox, the messages are there to be seen by that client.  Designate (in your
mind) one client to be the master and configure it to delete older messages
after, say, five days so that your mailbox doesn't fill up or simply train
yourself to log into the mailbox periodically via a web browser and clean out
the messages you no longer need.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
with the following URL typed in HTTP://www.parade.com it loads HTTP://mobile.parade.com. This occurs on 2 of the machines that I work with daily, 1 is Vista Home Preimum x86 SP2 and the other is WIN 7 Enterprise. I only see this on this one site all other load as expected. I have reset IE8 and it did not rsolve the problem. -- EarlT Hi Earl, You have some software installed on your computer that is putting the letters 'pda' in your browsers User Agent String. A User Agent String is a description of the web browser you are using that is sent to the web site...

Printing

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

Microsoft Word 2007 not responding every time I save
Been happening for a day or 2 now. Every time I save it says "not responding" other programmes which are open will also not respond for a while. It will EVENTUALLY save. I did the whole Microsoft Repair thing, didn't really make a difference. I do not have the update installed which seems to be causing the problem for some people. I really need to fix this as I have a deadline on Tuesday! If other applications are also hanging it seems unlikely to be a Word issue - check what background processes are running in Windows. Something is hogging the processor. -- ...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

Money 2k7 Home & Business: new account created every time I do upd
My PayPal Providian Visa card was updated with a name change, and is now the "Washington Mutual Credit Card (formerly Providian)". Not a problem; after the name change, I updated the info, and was getting online updates. For the last couple of weeks, however, every time I do an online update, Money creates a NEW account (typically called "Washington Mutual Credit Card (formerly Credit" or Washington Mutual Credit Card (formerly Credit #2"), and I merge the duplicate accounts - only to have money do it AGAIN on the next update! !@#$%^&*()!!!! The worst part...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

enter time into file for a time sheet
how can I enter the time automatically into a cell. perhaps a macro. hilte the cell and hit your macro or enter? I want to round the time to the nearest 1/4 hour. I also want to be able to override the automatic function The quick way to enter current time is Ctrl plus the colon (date is Ctrl plus semi-colon) but this doesn't round to the nearest 15 minutes. I think there is an add-in that would do that as a worksheet function. Here is a subroutine that might do what you want: Sub RndToQtrHr() Dim currMin As Long Dim M As Long Dim plusHour As Boolean currMin = Minute(Time) plusHour = ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Take your Office 2000 upgrade and stick it up ya own ass
Take your Office 2000 upgrade and stick it up ya own ass ...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...

Default a Time Field if Date is entered
I want to know what to do if I want the Time field in a form to default to 23:59 if a date is entered in the Date Field. And to leave the Time blank if there is no date. What would be the formula or expression for this and where should I place it in the form? Fields: Date Time Please help! Thank you! personally, I wouldn't have a time field I would have a date/time field that contains both values. Then, on my form, I would hide the bound textbox that is associated with this field. Then, in the forms current event I would use the DateValue and TimeValue functi...

Run-time error 1004 05-18-10
Hello I have this code taht when I run displays Run-timeerror 1004: Application-defined or object-defined error. Could you suggest me how to fix it? Thanks in advance Sub Copy_transpose() Dim Row As Integer, Cols As Byte, nRow As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False nRow = 1 With Worksheets("Sheet1") For Row = 1 To 668 Cols = Application.CountA(.Range("a" & Row).EntireRow) - 1 Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("a" & nRow).Resize(Cols).Value = .Range("a" & Row).Value Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("b...

Creating an Outlook 2007 macro that attaches a signature to new me
Hi, I'm new to macro creation and have several questions. I created code that adds a random signature to an open message window. Now I need to find a way to execute this code every time the user creates a new message window (new message, reply, forward). How can this be done? Following up on this I need to know what I can do with the macro code to "install" it within several Outlook 2007 instances. 1) See the NewInspector event. 2) http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=28 -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories:...

Outlooks Attachments
when i attach any attachments in a new e-mail they attach in the writing plane and thus cant be opened by my friends. If i reply the attachments go in the right place - on the subject bar. HELP PLEASE!! change your message format to plain text or html, you're using RTF right now. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outl...

Forget to attach attachment
Once in awhile, in my hectic days, I forget to attach a file to an email. Is there a way in Outlook to prevent an email from being sent when I use the word 'attachment' in the body of the email when I forget to attach the file? I'd rather not use a 3rd party product to accomplish this. You can build it in with a little VBA code. See http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=553 -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "NH...

Playing the same music at the same time on home networked computer
I have not seen this question or the answer to this question in help or this forum or on-line. Can you play the same music at the same time on all your networked devices? If yes, how do you set it up? Thnak you. ...