Address rejected on send e-mail

  • Follow

I am getting a 550 error in Outlook 2007 when I try to send from one of my
accounts.  I can go into options and test the e-mail and it works and I get
the mircosoft test e-mail confirmation.  I can send from another of my e-mail
accounts.  This happened just after I added the two e-mails to my blackberry.
 The only thing I changed was my e-mail password.
0
Reply Utf 3/20/2010 3:04:04 PM

"J Danford" <J Danford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am getting a 550 error in Outlook 2007 when I try to send from one of my
> accounts.  I can go into options and test the e-mail and it works and I get
> the mircosoft test e-mail confirmation.  I can send from another of my
> e-mail
> accounts.  This happened just after I added the two e-mails to my
> blackberry.
> The only thing I changed was my e-mail password.

This usually means you're not properly authenticating to the outgoing server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 3/20/2010 6:05:50 PM

Brian:

thanks for your response.  I thought that as well but I don't understand how
the test would work and not the actual e-mail send.  I wonder what the test
does or doesn't do that would allow it to authenticate?

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "J Danford" <J Danford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> >I am getting a 550 error in Outlook 2007 when I try to send from one of my
> > accounts.  I can go into options and test the e-mail and it works and I get
> > the mircosoft test e-mail confirmation.  I can send from another of my
> > e-mail
> > accounts.  This happened just after I added the two e-mails to my
> > blackberry.
> > The only thing I changed was my e-mail password.
>
> This usually means you're not properly authenticating to the outgoing server.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

0