Address rejected on send e-mail

I am getting a 550 error in Outlook 2007 when I try to send from one of my
accounts.  I can go into options and test the e-mail and it works and I get
the mircosoft test e-mail confirmation.  I can send from another of my e-mail
accounts.  This happened just after I added the two e-mails to my blackberry.
 The only thing I changed was my e-mail password.

"J Danford" <J Danford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am getting a 550 error in Outlook 2007 when I try to send from one of my
> accounts.  I can go into options and test the e-mail and it works and I get
> the mircosoft test e-mail confirmation.  I can send from another of my
> e-mail
> accounts.  This happened just after I added the two e-mails to my
> blackberry.
> The only thing I changed was my e-mail password.

This usually means you're not properly authenticating to the outgoing server.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/20/2010 6:05:50 PM
Brian:

thanks for your response.  I thought that as well but I don't understand how
the test would work and not the actual e-mail send.  I wonder what the test
does or doesn't do that would allow it to authenticate?

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "J Danford" <J Danford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> >I am getting a 550 error in Outlook 2007 when I try to send from one of my
> > accounts.  I can go into options and test the e-mail and it works and I get
> > the mircosoft test e-mail confirmation.  I can send from another of my
> > e-mail
> > accounts.  This happened just after I added the two e-mails to my
> > blackberry.
> > The only thing I changed was my e-mail password.
>
> This usually means you're not properly authenticating to the outgoing server.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Outlook Send/Receive #6
Hi; I`m trying to setup Outlook to Send/Receive every 1 minute while connected through dail-up. It doesn`t seem to POP my messages at all. Is this by design, or is there a fix for it. "Schedule S/R" is set to 1 minute under the Options window. Tx, Ben Every one minute is a bit much, no? Checked your account settings, make sure they are set to check / poll messages from the respective servers... >-----Original Message----- >Hi; > >I`m trying to setup Outlook to Send/Receive every 1 >minute while connected through dail-up. It doesn`t seem >to POP my messag...

sending an excel spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel How do i send my single excel sheet, in an attachment without the numerous blank sheets showing up too? I have tried to send a file which has only one sheet of data and numerous blank sheets. Although it prints as one sheet, the attachment on an email will send the data sheet along with a bazillion additional blank sheets. This has never happened before so I don't know what is happening or how to fix it. Many Thanks. When you attach a file to an email message you attach the *entire* file � you can't just at...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

emails wont send
i use windows 7, microsoft office 2007 trial. i am having trouble sending emails. they sometimes go (rare) abut mostly they just sit in my outbox. can anyone help? If you press F9 do they go or do you get an error of any kind? What kind of e-mail account is this? POP3? IMAP? Exchange? Something else? Do you receive e-mails o.k.? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Tania" &l...

publisher printing wiht mail merge
I am having trouble printing a postcard in Publisher. I am using mail merge to insert names on one side, and address on side two. It currently prints page one, then immediately page 2.I do not have time to change the paper.So, I followed the directions online to make two separate files..one for page one, and one for page two, print one...reverse the paper, print two. The problem then is the names do not print in the correct order. It is not the order of the pages that prints incorrectly, it is the names in the greeting line on the front of the postcard do not match up with the name ...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Send and Receive as
How do I stop the inheritance from above to the Domain Admins group when inside System Mananger? I'm just trying to grant "Send and Receive as" to run ExMerge. You don't want to stop the inheritance. If this is Exchange 2000, grant explicit allows on the properties of the Mailbox Store. Explicit allows will override inherited Deny's -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Outlook 2003, Send/Receive and Continuing on Error
A have a group of three POP email accounts and one IMAP account in Outlook 2003 running off of Exchange 2000. I have email set to auto-receive every 5 minutes. However, every now and then, one of the POP accounts will fail to find a its server and the "Enter Network Password" dialog box will appear. There is nothing wrong with the POP account or its credentials. Over the course of a day, a mail server can hiccup and if should hiccup while Outlook does it's check, this can happen. No big deal, working as designed. What is a big deal though is, when this does happen - that Outlook...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Publisher mail merge works in preview but not when send
I can create a merged document in Publisher and insert the first name into the greeting line. When previewing all looks good but when I then send the mail the mail sent only has Hi <<first name>> and not the actual name in the document??? What am I missing? Please help What version Publisher? Is Publisher and Outlook of the same Office suite? Help here Create an e-mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP100498641033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D18...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

Forwarding mail to external recipient
Hi All, Running SBS 2003 Prem. We have associates that do not actually work at our branch, but need to have email sent to them at our facility and then bounced to their external email site. I need to know how to create a custom account for them and then how to forward that mail to their external email site. We were able to do it with Exch 5.5 by creating a mailbox first and then creating a custom recipient and configuring it to bounce to the external site. I really don't want to have to create an actual user for them and use up a cal. I hope someone can help me out. ...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

Mail vs. Post item in Public Folder
Ever since I switched to Exchange 2003 my public folders are only taking items as "Post" items, not Mail... that is true even though I create the folders as "Mail or Post items" folders. Can anyone shed some light? thanks Tim Tim wrote: > Ever since I switched to Exchange 2003 my public folders are only > taking items as "Post" items, not Mail... that is true even though I > create the folders as "Mail or Post items" folders. Can anyone shed > some light? > thanks > Tim Does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

e-mail
I had something sent to me in an e-mail that I could not open. It was sent in Adobe. I have Adobe reader but it wouldn't work on this e-mal. They then sent it to me through Excel. I could not figure out how to open it. I finally had to call and get it faxed to me. Can you or anyone tell me how to download something that is sent through Excel I really need some help on this Thanks hvlangford hvlangford wrote: > I had something sent to me in an e-mail that I could not open. It was sent in Adobe. I have Adobe reader but it wouldn't work on this e-mal. They then sent it to me...