lost my contacts and calendar

Follow
Email
I moved all my MS Outlook 2007 files to another drive. I use XP and when i
tried to move them back i lost ALL my contacts and calendar info!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

How do i restore? I've been able to import some .pst files but still the
contacts and calendars are EMPTY.
0
Reply Utf 3/18/2010 3:38:05 PM

"bob sacco" <bob sacco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I moved all my MS Outlook 2007 files to another drive. I use XP and when i
> tried to move them back i lost ALL my contacts and calendar info!
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!!!
>
> How do i restore? I've been able to import some .pst files but still the
> contacts and calendars are EMPTY.

Any small amount of research would have shown you that you do NOT import pst
files into Outlook.
Create a new mail profile and OPEN the pst files by doing File-Open-Outlook
Data File in Outlook. See if that helps.
If your contacts and calendar are STILL empty then either you are opening
the wrong pst file or you saved the wrong pst file in the first place.

0
Reply Gordon 3/18/2010 3:47:45 PM
Follow
Email

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

cannot import contacts from 2K to 2K3
My old computer ran office 2000, my new computer runs office 2003. I wanted to import all data from my old outlook to my new outlook. I copied the .PST file to new computer and imported the data. However, the only data that is availabe is my mail. There is not contact or task data. It is not even shown in the import window. Where would I find my contact data? Is it stored in the PST file? What can I do to access my contact data? Thanks, Mike. Answered your other post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3...

Adding Contacts #3
After saving my contacts, I can not find them when I search for them. I know it is there because when I sync with my Blackberry it appears Please help -- ljg A few questions: - are you looking at a filtered view of your contacts? - do you have multiple contact-type folders? "ljg" <ljg.4ae34de@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:ljg.4ae34de@outlookbanter.com... > > After saving my contacts, I can not find them when I search for them. I > know it is there because when I sync with my Blackberry it appears > Please help Vince Averello;315832 Wrote: &...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Calendar issue #3
I have a user who is unable to open/view any accepted calendar items that are sent as recurring meetings. Anytime she atttempts to open them she gets the following message: Can't open this item. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. Okay, Outlook has been restarted, the system rebooted, Outlook reinstalled and then Office completely reinstalled. I see some posts talking about 'forms' but haven't tried anything there yet. The machine is XP with Outlook 2003. Please help! DK When you did the reinstall ...

multiple contacts for e mails
Have outlook 2007 with 1500 contact details but only use 300 for e mails. How can I create just an e mail list or address book and how do I get this to show as it displays the default address book only.2003 could point to a number of contact lists Nothing has changed. What makes you think it has? Just configure the Outlook Address Book. It will display as many folders as you want, just as it always has. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAAA8DC-3525-4AD0-A1D3-9155AD02E49E@microsoft.com... > Have outlook 20...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Outlook 2003: Problem in sharing contacts
My company uses Outlook 2003 within an Exchange environment. My 9-person department wishes to create a common contact list of all the vendors we use. I created a Contacts folder called "Department contacts" and shared it with all department members giving each "Editor" permission. However, when a department member clicks on "Open Shared Contacts" and clicks my name, my personal contacts appear instead. I examined the properties of my personal contacts and there is no sharing. I again checked the properties of department contacts and they show that I am attempting...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Sending to contacts with more than one email address
This happens when you have a contact with more than one email address. If you type their shortcut in the TO line, Outlook will not resolve the email address since it sees 2 of them. Also if try and select from the list, you will now see 2 entries. Previous versions of Outlook defaulted to the first address. Is there anyway to get back to having the "default email address" be the one that comes up. Thanx - Amine ...

Activate contacts autofill
How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a contacts name in the To field ? regards reidarT Outlook 2003 Tools - Options - Email Options - Advance Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc and Bcc fields. "Reidar" <thorsvik@online.no> wrote in message news:8B041074-3930-47A3-82C5-D992AC156CB2@microsoft.com... > How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a > contacts name in the To field ? > regards > reidarT Reidar <thorsvik@online.no> wrote: > How do I activate the contac...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

URL links under Calendar are not seen as HTML links
Dear, Any way to make all the URL links under the calendar to be directly accessible? They all appear as regular TEXT section (so no way to clik directly on the links, I have to make a cut&past onto the web browser). Thanks, yves Hi Yves, there's a trick that works anywhere in Entourage; if a URL is not displayed as an active hyperlink, simply hold down the Cmd key and click on the URL. Doing so will tell Entourage that the text you have just clicked on is a URL, and it will pass it on to your default browser. On 06/12/09 20:55, in article C741CAAD.E8B%yves-lou...

Cleaning out contacts
We have an exchange server 2003 running with a shared contacts folder. However, when users create a new email and start to type in the "to:" dialog box, the autocomplete brings up four, sometimes 5 different entries for the same target user. Where could all these be coming from? Their personal contacts sometimes have a single entry of a target user but I'm stumped as to where the other 3 or 4 entries might be coming from. JL Adamson <JL Adamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have an exchange server 2003 running with a shared contacts folder. > However, ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

OWA Calendar
I have one OWA user who is unable to add appointments to their calendar. It works fine in the full-blown Outlook 2003 client, but not in OWA. We are using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server. The error message I receive is: "The action can't be performed" I have already combed through all of the newsgroups and Google and have checked the registry settings for the Free/busy Publish registry key and made sure it has the correct string. I have also exported the user's mailbox into a PST, deleted the user's account and mailbox and recreated...still no change. Won...

vbScript to create Calendar Events
Hello, Does anyone have any sample code that allows me to create Calendar Events?? I want a script to create some "canned" calendar events in one of our public folders. I can manually run the script on my workstation using Outlook 2k3. Thanks! Troy Best to do a search of www.microsoft.com/msdn "Troy Bruder" <N0-Spam-troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:uNOj5ZpNEHA.3292@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Does anyone have any sample code that allows me to create Calendar Events?? > I want a script to create some "canned" c...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

adding same note to a group of contacts
As we know there is no histroy in CRm, can not see what has been done to contacts in past or what changes have been made. So if I whated to add the same note to a group of contacts such as : email jhfahf sent on afjak" how would I do it. Or is it just not possible. Alison, Well, you could mess with workflow and stubs do get a kludgy solution - or you could just buy VAST, the ISV add on that solves this problem, and shows you all of the historical change made to CRM! (Please excuse blatant sales pitch - but I don't get such a good leading question too often!) Dave ------...

calendar events Outlook 2000
When deleting a calendar event it shows up in my deleted items folder. Does anyone know why this happens? Normal behavior. Let's you change your mind and move it back before you permanently delete it. If you don't want it to go there and want to permanently delete, do Shift>Delete "Scot Wiley" <smwiley@recordex.com> wrote in message news:138301c35221$d831da10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When deleting a calendar event it shows up in my deleted > items folder. Does anyone know why this happens? ...