Importing a CSV file

  • Follow

Hi,

When I try to import a CSV file into Outlook, it says I have to first
install the DATA1.MSI file from my windows XP installation disk.  I looked at
my installation disk and here doesn't seem to be such a file.  How can I
import?

Thanks,

Randy

0
Reply Utf 5/25/2010 1:07:01 AM

If you have the correct installation disk, then all you need do is run the
Office setup - Add/Remove options and add the Outlook import filters.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Rashba9" <Rashba9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When I try to import a CSV file into Outlook, it says I have to first
> install the DATA1.MSI file from my windows XP installation disk.  I
> looked at
> my installation disk and here doesn't seem to be such a file.  How can I
> import?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy

0
Reply Karl 5/25/2010 1:57:53 AM

"Rashba9" <Rashba9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I try to import a CSV file into Outlook, it says I have to first
> install the DATA1.MSI file from my windows XP installation disk.

It says you need the Office installation disk, not the Windows installaiton
disk.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0