how do I download, export, or copy pab file

I want to download, export, or copy my MS Outlook 2003 address book (or pab
file), without going thru the Internet, so I can load it on another computer.
Where is the pab file?

Outlook has not used a PAB file in over a decade. Rephrase you query with
that reality in mind. Include the reason you thought you would have to "go
through the Internet." You posted no information that would permit anyone to
answer your question.
--
Russ Valentine
"sandrini" <sandrini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to download, export, or copy my MS Outlook 2003 address book (or pab
> file), without going thru the Internet, so I can load it on another
> computer.
> Where is the pab file?

0
Russ

Outlook locks up and downloads 2mb on dial up.
Every time on dialup to exchange 5.5 server with outlook 2000 it locks up and downloads 2mb before unlocking. This is not downloading a message it happens on multiple machines. please help ...

How to export policies to excel
Hello All, Our organization has an in-house security tool that generates a text file with lists of policies and violations. A VB script reads that text file and populates certain cells on an excel file. There is one column for each db and one row for each policy. All are SQL 2000 and 2005 version. New policies are not covered by the tool. So it needs to be tool+manual scrips, or PBM, maybe? I wonder if it can be done through Policy Based Management. I am not sure how easy to generate a similar excel file out of SQL Server policies. Has anyone used Powershell and/or Report...

creating an changing a picute file in RW
Our payroll checks (GP10) were modified in report writer to add a picture file for the signature. We want to change the signature on these checks. This leaves me with a few questions: Any suggestions on how to best create the signature file for the new signature? Can I modify the modified report with the new picture file? Is this easy to do? Lastly, this is something I inherited. It seems to me that having the a signature image so readily available is a huge risk. Is there an easy way to lock this down and minimize this exposure? Thanks. -- Jim Hi Jim, ...

Downloading More Than 1000 Headers
Using OE6 is there a way to download more than 1000 headers at one time? Thanks, John This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl...

Can't open Outlook 2000 pst file in Outlook 2007
Hi I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam how did you move it to the vista machine? is...

How do I get MS Converter (download) to convert a Quatro V9 file?
I have downloaded the MS converter and installed it in MS Office folder. I am trying to convert a Quatro V. 9 (Word Perfect 2000) file. I am using Excel 2003 and have tried to open the file. It does not recognize the file format and does not appear to even look for the file conversion utility? Any help out there? ...

new user login problem using existing Money file.
I moved my home computers to a Windows domain with domain-based logins. Previously, I accessed a Money 2003 file on the server from a machine-specific login. Now, when I open that file under my Domain login (and it does open fine, no permissions problems) I can't see my accounts, transactions, etc. (Thank God I didn't nuke that machine account!) When I return to the machine account, everything's still there. How can access the existing data from the new account login? Thanks in advance. Anybody even going to take a whack at this one?? Domain security and authentication is...

File/Send/Page by E-mail; File/Send/Link by E-mail links grayed ou
win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. When In IE8, I try to send a link via email I am not able to; as the menu options are grayed out. What is the solution to this with only WLM installed. "JoKing" <JoKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCD4C8C2-E373-488D-BE7C-30E00FE3F398@microsoft.com... > win7 Ult. IE 8 v8.0.7600.16385 Windows Live Mail version 2009 (Build > 14.0.8089.0726) All updates have been installed installed. > > When In IE...

Cannot export Access 2007 reports to Excel 2007
I would really like to know whose bright idea it was to get rid of this feature in Access 2007. In Access 2002 and Access 2003, I created so many reports (Crosstab in particular with many many calculated fields that I could not do in the query) and have a macro export to excel with all the calculated fields and a parameter to pick the beginning date and the ending date from the reports that is THEN linked to another Excel spreadsheet that creates charts with automatic updates. Several of those spreadsheets have arrays that create charts when the data changes each month to more or less ...

How to open large HTML FILES IN EXCEL In quick Time
hi, i am using the following code to generate a xls file using the content type now when the user opnes the file at his pc it takes long time to open..if the no of records in file is large does the use of html tags has slow down the process of opening in excel... does speical care needs to be taken so that large html files open in excel quiclky..................... Please advise your feedback.... Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.Write("<basefont face=""Arial Narrow"" size = ""2"" color=""#00000...

Files to download!
I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that them could download the visitors. How it can be made? Publishing Web sites http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH063577001033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charley" <Charley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:461B7DD5-5958-499A-9579-877F4B407ECB@microsoft.com... >I want to place files on my web-unit created in the program "Publisher", that > them could download the visi...

When I download template where should it be downloaded to and sav.
I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and Excel templates. But I don't know where to download the templates to or where to save them to after they are downloaded. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. Normaly your templates should be in a directiry that you find in documents andsettings/yourname/apllication data/microsoft/templates When you load then you can copy them to this directory and all is done. Greetings from Brussels Belgium Dejola wrote: > I just found the MS Office Online site and want to download some Word and > Excel templates. But I don&#...

Import and export

copy window in the way
Hi quick question: When i copy a cell into a row or colum by clicking and dragging the black plus sign, a little window pops up that gives me Auto fill options. is there a way to stop it without copying another cell? i have tried a bunch of things but no success. Try this: TOOLS OPTIONS EDIT Tab Uncheck "Show Paste Options Button" OK HTH, Elkar "Dave" wrote: > Hi quick question: > > When i copy a cell into a row or colum by clicking and dragging the black > plus sign, a little window pops up that gives me Auto fill options. is there > a way to...

Importing CSV file field mapping
When importing a CSV file for contacts or leads: How can I expand the drop down list of field choices under the Microsoft CRM fields to included fields such as Account, alternative address information, etc.? The current limited amount of fields keeps me from importing information currently contained within our Outlook based contact system. What I do to expand the number of fields exported from Outlook is to Export the contact records from Outlook to MS Access, then export the access contact table as a CSV file. This process gives me more information to import (i.e., other addres...

Need keywords and index in Office help file. Online help no good
Online help can be annoying unless you know the exact words and phrase to type. If your searching for help and unsure what to type you end up with lots of useless suggestions. It was alot easier to determine what help may be usefull when a person could view and index and keywords based on what you were currently typing in the index box. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

Unhide a File
Recently I mispalced my flash drive. Today I got a new one and started to copy the files to the new flash drive from where I had backed them up on my hard drive. Instead of moving the one folder with all the files in it, I opened the file and did Edit - Select All. A message came up saying something about there were 2 hidden files that wouldn't transfer. Then I did a Tools - Folder Options - View - Show hidden files and folders - Apply and viewed the files that were hidden. They were Word docus that I had created and stored on the flash drive. I do not remember hiding these f...

Excel file downloaded via web
Hi, I downloaded an excel file from an .asp web page internet site. Once in local mode, this strange thing appens: all the cells, that contains data and numbers at video, seem to be empty when I try to edit a formula (e.s. Sum, Sort ...). Office version is the same on all machines (Office 2K sr1 9.0.3821 with no service packs), installed on Win2k Pro SP4.The most strange thing is that on some desktops with WinXP Pro in the same network environment, the file seems to work perfectly. Any suggestions, please? Thanks ...

Shame Question on copying lines after the next line
I did forgot even the vert basics, so please excuse the next question which is very easy or so I think. I have a sheet. If one criteria is met, I copy the line, and paste it in another sheet, after the last line already copied. Up to now my code is. If Len(Range("b" & i)) = 79 Then Range("A" & i, "D" & i).Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Exports").Select Range("A1").Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select Selection.End(xlDown).Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A1").Sel...

Error when export data to excel
I am having a problem that when i export the data from the form/report to excel, there are missing data. My form/report data come from query. And there are some memo fields. How can I solve this problem? I saw someone mentioned about the solution below. But my data comes from query. How can I overcome this problem? Thanks. ####### If you're exporting from a query, then make sure of the following: Do not use a Group By query Do not use the DISTINCT or DISTINCTROW modifers Do not use and functions in any columns (Left(), Mid(), InStr(), IIF(), etc.) If you absolutely need these things...

Transaction download problems
When I download from my bank there are several payees that always match to another payee but it is not the right one. For example JewelOsco grocery store always downloads as National Life. Both of these are active accounts. I also have a problem where a payee has completely disappeared and all of the data associated with it. I am the only user so it was not deleted by me. I continue to have problems with this particular payee - it is Marshall Fields but it has evaporated - any help appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I download from my bank there are seve...

Outlook 2000 to 2003: Using old pst file
I recently bought a new computer and have installed Office 2003. I think I must have started Outlook and created a personal data file before copying the pst file from my old version of Outlook (I think 2000) into the Outlook 2003 folder. In any event, I have two Personal Folders in Outlook 2003. Following instructions regarding using old pst files ("Reconnect your old Outlook data file" located at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx? AssetID=HA010771141033&CTT=98), I have tried renaming the old pst file by right-clicking its Personal Folder icon, going t...

to Brian Tillman re: outlook express transferring files
I have read a few responses from you regarding tranferring files from your old computer to your new one. I don't quite understand how to do this. I'd like to transfer my emails, contacts from old computer to new one. Please explain how to do this in detail step by step if possible. Thanks Mark ...

How to combine a couple cells into a BIGGER cell before saving as a DBF file?
Hello. I don't normally use Excel or any spreadsheets but need to convert some XLS data into a dbf format. Problem is that some of the info in the spreadsheet runs over a couple cells and I want to be able to copy those 3 sells into ONE data file MEMO field. How do I combine these together without having to retype all the text into one cell. BTW, I can Email you a small XLS to illustrate what I mean as if you can understand my ? you are a EXCEL GURU. Thanks. DeWayne dchiass(at)telus(dot)net Use a formula like this =A1&" "&B1" "&C1 replace with your ...

How do I create a " .mny " file
1....Want to transfer files from MS Money 2005 to MS Money 2007 on another computer ???? Can I use a Flash Drive ???? 2....Want to upgrade MS Money 2005 to Money 2007 ???? "JOEY" <JOEY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:176AF91E-81AC-4CD1-8578-72B31641F9FE@microsoft.com... > How do I create a " .mny " file In Money, File | New. > 1....Want to transfer files from MS Money 2005 to MS Money 2007 on another > computer ???? Not sure what the question is here? > Can I use a Flash Drive ???? Sure. > 2....Want to upgrade MS Money 2005 to...