Contacts are missing when I click To, CC, or BCC buttons

  • Follow

My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in Outlook
and when I start to type the address, my choices come up.  But when I click
To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank.
0
Reply Utf 1/19/2010 9:44:01 PM

"Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in
> Outlook
> and when I start to type the address, my choices come up.  But when I
> click
> To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank.

Version of Outlook?
How did you transfer your Outlook data?
Remember no-one here can SEE your computer.
You need to give as MUCH information as possible.

0
Reply Gordon 1/19/2010 10:06:11 PM

If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when
you click on the To button, check these settings:

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book is checked?

If this is grayed out...

Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

If you are using Outlook 2007 and the the checkbox is grayed, you'll need to
make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book service due to
a bug.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in
> Outlook
> and when I start to type the address, my choices come up.  But when I
> click
> To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank.

0
Reply Diane 1/19/2010 10:48:27 PM