Contacts are missing when I click To, CC, or BCC buttons

My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in Outlook
and when I start to type the address, my choices come up.  But when I click
To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank.

"Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in
> Outlook
> and when I start to type the address, my choices come up.  But when I
> click
> To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank.

Version of Outlook?
How did you transfer your Outlook data?
Remember no-one here can SEE your computer.
You need to give as MUCH information as possible.

0
Gordon
1/19/2010 10:06:11 PM
If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when
you click on the To button, check these settings:

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book is checked?

If this is grayed out...

Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

If you are using Outlook 2007 and the the checkbox is grayed, you'll need to
make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book service due to
a bug.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in
> Outlook
> and when I start to type the address, my choices come up.  But when I
> click
> To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank.

0
Diane

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

modify the color of a simple push button
I need to modify the color of a simple push button in a dialog - but in the run-time and not just in the startup. Is that posible and how? Thanks Vinter Yeah Modify the style of button to BS_OWNERDRAW and add Handle WM_CTLCOLOR MESSAGE for Button. or look at CButton::DrawItem(..) here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_cbutton.3a3a.drawite m.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Vinter" <vinter@cortex.com> wrote in message news:uSJ$GP7IFHA.3568@TK2MSFTN...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

New button does not open the template workbook set up
Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the template created, but when I click on the New button the workbook does not reflect the same template formatting. Any ideas? You have to access templates from the file - new menu, not the new icon on the standard toobar. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "lucilene" wrote: > Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page > formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the ...

Regarding button grayed out in CRM for Outlook
Hello, I have the above problem in 2 pcs. First has OS windows XP professional and Outlook 2003 SP2. Second has OS windows 2000 professional and Outlook 2003 SP2. In both the CRM toolbar appears fine, and, when you click on it the forms that open have the Regarding buttons grayed out, so we cannot really use them. No error message, no other problems. Please advise, Elena So does it work for other computers or other users on those computers? Could be a security role issue for the users. Does it work if they access CRM through Explorer rather than Outlook client? Ryan Elena wrote: &...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

How to properly group radio buttons
I have created eight radio buttons. Two of them are in first groupbox and others are in second groupbox. When I try radio buttons, only one of all eight can be checked. How to make buttons in one groupbox not depending on other groupbox ? Thanks ! P. Hi, The first radio button in each group should have the group style set to true. The grouping then works from the first group button with the group style upto and excluding the next control with the groups style. Note the grouping is tab order dependent. Hope this helps Chris Taylor "Peter" <pskvarka@softinengines.com> wro...

Missing Entries
Software: MS Money 2003 Deluxe. Since March 2004, entries have disappeared from various bank accounts. IE I opened a new bank account the opening deposit was in the system and I reconciled the account. I backed up the file and closed Money. This morning when I opened MS Money, the opening deposit was deleted and I was short $100. Last week, all the accounts were missing data. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem? Ruben In microsoft.public.money, Ruben wrote: >Software: MS Money 2003 Deluxe. Since March 2004, >entries have disappeared from various bank accounts. ...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

corefoundation.dll missing
I keep getting the message that I need to reinstall CoreFoundation.dll. I found some advice on the internet that suggested I go to My Computer, then local disk (C:)/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/Apple/AppleApplicationSupport then right-click on SQLite3.dll file and select copy then go to the Apple Folder then select Mobile Device Support then right-click on the window (not on the files in that folder) and select paste to add that in the folder. This did not work. Can someone advise me. Thanks -- Lorna How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality? Sassy wrot...

Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC Box?
When ever i send a mail, Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC Box?. If it is possible, Please let me know the procedure. I am using outlook 2007 professional. "Chandru." <Chandru.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D46E0E40-7205-4472-8B67-006EB34B953D@microsoft.com... > When ever i send a mail, Can i add a person's name always in the To or CC > Box?. If it is possible, Please let me know the procedure. I am using > outlook > 2007 professional. With extra code, yes. Here's an example: http://www.outlookcode.c...

missing
using microsoft outlook express. I am getting a DLL error. Support says that I need to move a messages.odx file. I don't have one. Any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Excel 2003 dissapearing buttons
I upgraded recently from Office XP to Office 2003. One of my workbooks stored on my local drive contained six command buttons on the worksheet which each called a macro stored in the workbook not in the personel.xls. After upgrade, when I open the file, I see all of the buttons for a fraction of a second then they dissapear. The macros are still in the workbook, the on_click code for the buttons which call the macros is also still there but the buttons disappear. By clicking around the area where the buttons should be one of them suddenly becomes visible, does its thing and disapears again. ...

Large Button Toolbar 01-23-08
I have recently seen an application written in Visual FoxPro that used a custom made toolbar that had large buttons with images on the button as well as text. Does anyone know how this same effect might be achieved in Access 2002? Thanks for any ideas, Ian. ...

Contacts Search

text frame go to buttons
I've been working with Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter. I emailed the newsletter to a friend who has Publisher 2002. When she opened it and clicked in a text frame to make an editting change, the "go to next frame" button was not active. How do I activate the text frame buttons in Publisher 2002? Must be something real simple, but I can't help her over the phone view, status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "JimWurster" <jwurster@comcast.net> wrote...

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

ASP.Net 4 TreeView Collapses on Node Click
I have an ASP.Net 4 TreeView that's being populated by a SQLSiteMapProvider and sits on a MasterPage. When I click a node the tree collapses. EnableViewState is set to True ViewStateMode is set to Enabled Am I missing something? How do I keep the tree state as it is when I click a link? "Dave" <Dave.Burkett@Jacobs.com> wrote in message news:2038c0ba-5328-4138-b615-777e02975478@c7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com... > Am I missing something? How do I keep the tree state as it is when I > click a link? This "feature" has always been there and I...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...