Is there a calender preference for Julian Dates in outlook?

I deal in Julian dates and would save a lot of time and replication to have a
template or choice to have outlook in julian date or both dating types in
outlook.  Like some of the templates they have in Microsoft Office.

Sorry, there is no Julian date template for outlook. Some once said it was
possible with the second calendar index, but none of the calendars I tried
gave Julian dates and they never said which one they used.  (Tools, options,
calendar options, enable alternate calendar)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I deal in Julian dates and would save a lot of time and replication to
> have a
> template or choice to have outlook in julian date or both dating types in
> outlook.  Like some of the templates they have in Microsoft Office.

0
Diane

MS Outlook 2000 #5
Does anyone know after you have archive emails using microsoft outlook and it is save under archive.pst, how do you go back to see emails? what program do u use to open the archive emails? Outlook - File->Open->Personal Folders File. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, eli asked: | Does anyone know after you have archive emails using | microsoft o...

Bug in in Outlook 2003 when useing public folders on another server?
Hi! We have this issue: Two sites (Norway and Denmark), one Exchange server in each site. For the moment, they belong to the same routing group. Exchange in Denmark holds some mailboxes and public folders, Exchange server on Norway only has a mailbox store (Default PF store is set do Denmark Exchange Server). Between the two servers, there is a VPN connection. WHen using Outlook XP, there is no problem accessing Public folders, although performance is a bit sluggy at times. When using Outlok 2003, on some folders (not all!!) I get "Unable to display the folder. You do not have sufficient...

Calender to switch to the month 04-25-10
One of the control on the form is FldMon. It is a number field. There is a calender on the form. It is ActiveX Control: Calender0 Class is MSCAL.Calender.7 I am using Access 2003 and the tables are Access 2000 format Now when the user updates the field FldMon with a number (1 to 12) I want the calender to switch the display to the corresponding month. How do I go about this and what and where do I write the code? Could someone please help? Thanking in advance Leo ...

Outlook: How to add Dear (contact first name) in a CCd mail?
I would like to send a cc email to many people, and the body of the mail use their First name (the contacts are in an outlook file) So basically it's just merging the contact data. Does anyone know if that's possible? You're in luck -- Outlook integrates very nicely with Word's mail merge feature. Switch to your Contacts folder, and use the Tools | Mail Merge command. You'll be able to add a field for the name to the Word document, along with the rest of the text for the message. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: ...

Carry Over Date
I have a subform that is used to show all the service records for a piece of equipment. There is a textbox on the form that is linked to a field titled [Date]. This shows the date the service was performed. There is also a field on the subform [LastServDate]. I want the [Date] information in the previous record to populate the [LastServDate] field on the new service record. Thanks for your help if you need a better explanation let me know. -- Thanks, Nikki The word "Date" is a reserved word in Access and should not be used as a field or control name because it can cause probl...

Outlook BCC View
I am trying to set up e-mail so that undernath the "to" and "cc" lines and before "subject" line there is ALWAYS a "bcc" line. I've looked all over and can't seem to be able to set that up. The only way to add a BCC is by drilling down into the "to". Thanks for the help. John View->BCC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I am trying to set up e-mail...

Browsing the Global Address List in Outlook Web Access
When I am using Outlook Web Access with Exchange Server 2003 I am not able to browse the Global Address List. When you click the address book, you have to type in a search character to have names come up. Is there a Microsoft supported way to get this to automatically show all the names in the book like it does in Outlook? I have seen a few pay things where people changed the scripting. Is there any quick code that can just be inserted that can do this? Thanks for any help you can provide, as there isn't must out there on the net. That's the way it works. -- Ed Crowley MV...

Appointment End Date
As soon as I enter a Start time in Outlook 2007's appointment calendar, the End time date jumps to the next day. How can I make it stay on the Start date? Thanks. "sumacny" <sumacny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075719D0-B754-4E0F-995C-FD02294EA888@microsoft.com... > As soon as I enter a Start time in Outlook 2007's appointment calendar, the > End time date jumps to the next day. How can I make it stay on the Start > date? Thanks. If you are double-clicking on a date in the Month view, then you are creating an all-day event ...

Great Plains SOP Table Date Fields
I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the Order goes into effect. Could anyone clarify this for me? Go to the SDK and look at SOPTRX.RTF. It is the Sales Order Transaction flow by table and field. "Chris Hornung" wrote: > I looking for clarification on what DOCDATE and ORDRDATE are in the SOP > tables. I believe that DOCDATE is the date the line was entered and that the > ORDRDATE is the date that the date that the...

Outlook Connector for Domino and Attachments
When I receive an email with an attachment from a notes user within my organization, I get the following message when I try to open or save the attachment: "The attachment can't be downloaded from the server. Make sure your computer is connected to the network and your Domino server is running, and then try to download the attachment again." I followed the suggestion in the knowledge base to not use Word as my email editor. This actually worked for a few emails that I had already received. Although, I have tried to recreate that scenario, it hasn't worked again. ...

Dates #3
when i pivot information into a chart it changes date formation from MAR-2003 to 18/03/2003. how can i change this back. Thanks Andy - Double click on the dates, click on the Number tab, and select the desired number format. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Andy wrote: > when i pivot information into a chart it changes date > formation from MAR-2003 to 18/03/2003. how can i change > this back. > > Thanks ...

Outlook Today #16
I am having a problem that I can't find an exact solution for in the knowledge base. In Outlook Today, I click on the link to Customize Outlook Today and nothing happens. No errors, just nothing. Also the restore defaults button is grayed out in properties for OT. I completely uninstalled Office 2000, deleted all Registry settings and re-installed with no luck. Help!! Upgraded to SR-1a and Service Pack 3 as well but no luck. E-mail response is greatly appreciated. Thanks The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today...

outlook #199
I am trying to get the same copy of the Outlook that is on my desktop over to my Outlook on my laptop...any suggestions...help? Thanks taylor <taylor@iciholdings.com> wrote: > I am trying to get the same copy of the Outlook that is > on my desktop over to my Outlook on my laptop...any > suggestions...help? Try reading http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm and http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Date Stamp on CRM Email Templates
Client would like to be able to have the ability to add date and time to the email template. Is this template function (data) avaliable to select from in CRM 3 or 4. Using the server time for example. ...

Importing Contacts into Exchange (from Outlook and Notes)
I need to import 4000+ contacts into an Exchange 2003 server. Almost all contacts will be imported from Lotus Notes; the rest are from Outlook 2003 (about 50). I attempted to use the csvde utility, but i ran into errors (more than likely because of invalid fields). Not to look back on what I did. I have the 2 csv files (1:outlook 1:lotus notes) needed to import. Just by looking @ the captured data (in both), it appears that there are more columns listed than i need. So I may have to do some editiing to simplify things. What is (in your opinion) the best solution to complete this task? Are t...

Sync Outlook files
Using Outlook 2003 Can anyone tell me an easy way to sync a laptop outlook files with my desktop's outlook files. Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Shane Nation" <Shane@nation22.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:ulHTz1%23PEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2003 > > Can anyone tell me an easy way to sync a laptop outlook files with my > desktop's ...

Repeated Downloading of EMail Messages in Outlook 2003
Hi there, This problem has only started happening in the past few weeks with no apparent cause as nothing has changed here on this Windows XP Pro SP2 system. Outlook 2003 SP1 has all updates applied. In my mail settings I have Outlook set to Leave Messages on Server from my POP3 account. I use Outlook as the master message store but this way I can read new or retrieve an older message from anywhere. These are not MSN accounts. Can someone tell me why this has started occurring? We're at a few hundred e-mails that are being repeatedly downloaded (then deleted, but they keep re...

Time and date on an invoice.
How can you tell what user edited the invoice and what time they did so. I am on 8.0gp thanks josh Josh, The audit trails in V8 were weak and your options with the base code are limited. There are fields in some tables called something like CreatedID or CreatedUserID (but very much abbreviated) along with creation dates. Some tables have last modified user and date/time. Look at the tables you are working with in Resource Descriptions to see if they have these fields. You will need to access them through a report writer or Smart List Builder. There are some 3rd party tools availab...

How do you set outlook calender to save previous entries
Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? Sounds like you have AutoArchive enabled, turn it off. (Tools, Options, Other....) Phil wrote: > Only just realised that Outlook calender does not save previous entries older > than 6 months. Is there a setting for this? ...

Date conversions....Excel thinking too hard?
We have many programs (Access, SAP, etc.), that when they try to export to Excel, Excel always tries to convert our part numbers into dates. For instance, we have a part number, 1944-1-5, that needs to be exported to Excel as a text value, 1944-1-5, not converted to a date, like 1/5/1944. And no, putting quotes around it is not practical, since we have thousands of part numbers. I have successfully exported from Access using the TransferSpreadsheet method in a macro or VBA (instead of the standard "File | Export..." menu selection) without the date conversion occuring. Ho...

outlook 2007 uninstall and reinstall
1. Was trying to arrange some folders differently this afternoon and really screwed outlook---maybe pst files corrupted? 2. After trying some remedial steps which did not work, decided to uninstall and reinstall 2007 outlook. i have windows 7 on the computer 3. how can i uninstall outlook 4. then reinstall it--the actual procedure is straight forward, but the program asks for the 25 some digit key code. I have misplaced the white cover which had the disk inside. the disc itself has no 25 digit number. the disc i ordered separately from a third party. if any of you have had this p...

Calender
Hi Does anyone know if it is possible with the calender wizard to get the first day of the week to be a Monday as it freeks me out to have Sunday as the first day, I like my weekends whole. Thanks in advance HJ ...

can't send or receive e-mail on Outlook
Help! I am getting a operation failure message on Outlook when I try to send/recieve. Any suggestions? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Molly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023a01c3dd4c$6810f2a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Help! I am getting a operation failure message on > Outlook when I try to send/recieve. Any suggestions? ...

sending emails through outlook
I am trying to send an email that is generated through the ms word and sent to outlook but it gets stuck in the outbox everytime. Is there anyway to have outlook automatically send it? I checked and outlook isn't in offline mode. Also one of my computers always sends each message twice. Does anyone know why it would be doing this. It gives me a bunch of errors and the errors that I receive is: 1. The opperation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (smpt) server 2. Unable to connect to the network 3. The operation failed I have to close outlook and open it back up befo...

Send an Email with delayed time and date
Is it a client application so you have to have outlook open to send an Email with delay ? We are running outlook 2002 and Exchange server 2003 sp2. Sincerely \\Jonas B Jonte <jonasberthelsson@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it a client application so you have to have outlook open to send > an Email with delay ? We are running outlook 2002 and Exchange server > 2003 sp2. Before clicking Send, click View>Options (Outlook editor) or the Options button on the toolbar (Word editor) and check the box marked "Do not deliver before". Select the date and tim...