Why is notebook sync status always grey?

I am trying to sync one note to onenote mobile.  Activesync working but
"establish partnership" option did not run as per microsoft's getting started
instructions.  Cannot get any pc notes on to pocket pc device.  using Active
sync 4.5 that in every other way seems to be working fine.
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Possible to sync Access front end to Sql Server 2000 back end using Access?
I work with Access front ends and a SQL Server 2000 backend. Everything works just fine when we collect data in-house because it is saved directly onto our SQL Server. The problem now is that we are going to collect data outside of our office, where we won't be able to connect to our SQL server. I can set up the respective tables in Access so that the data is collected within the Access database itself, but then I need to sync the data collected on our laptops to our SQL Server database. Is it possible to set up something within Access itself that would allow me to sync the the Access da...

old notebook
Hi, I have a very old notebook that support DDR ram (NEC E660), the specification saying that it only support max. 1G ram. Now I am running 256Mx2 ram. Can I upgrade it to 1Gx1 or can only upgrade it with 512Mx2 ram. Thanks a lot. yes peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-) "bob" <bobby@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eCanYubiKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > &...

Invalid Argument when changing status of e-mail
I have created a very simple workflow to change the status of an e-mail to completed. But when I run it, nothing happens and there is a red cross with "Invalid argument" when I open the failed workflow in system jobs. Anyone know how to fix this? Regards, Lars We installed the update rollup and now it's working. "LarsL" wrote: > I have created a very simple workflow to change the status of an e-mail to > completed. But when I run it, nothing happens and there is a red cross with > "Invalid argument" when I open the failed workflow in system j...

Sync is deleting outlook appointments!!!
We are having a problem with one user in our organization who is having her appointments deleted in her outlook calendar once the CRM sync runs. Basically, she schedules an appointment and invites another Exchange user. Once the sync runs (or I manually initiate it), the appointment is deleted from her outlook calendar and nothing inserts into herservice calendar. The invitee receives the invitation.... Help! Jerry PS> It only deletes the appt when someone is invited.... Sorry folks...figured it out. In the "Mail" (control panel), she had the Auto-archive in her list. ...

Exchange Sync Issue

new group for syncing with I-phone
I want to create a new group for syncing with I-phone. How can I do it? New group of what? Mail, calendar, contacts... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473 "ilbi&q...

Error after sync
Can anyone suggest how to fic=x this error: Detailed technical information follows: --- Date and Time: 8/26/2007 10:14:46 PM Machine Name: DELL IP Address: 192.168.2.69 Current User: DELL\Richard Filiberto Application Domain: C:\TMW8\ Assembly Codebase: file:///C:/TMW8/AddinExpress.OL.2005.DLL Assembly Full Name: AddinExpress.OL.2005, Version=3.4.908.2005, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e69a7e0f3592d2b8 Assembly Version: 3.4.908.2005 Assembly Build Date: 6/27/2002 2:06:50 AM Exception Source: AddinExpress.OL.2005 Exception Type: ...

Sync Issue
I sync a lot of customer data onto a tablet. If I lose my tablet, I want the data to be deleted. How do I do this? I think Exchange SP2 has support for this scenario. -- MCSE 2003 +Security On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:05:28 -0800, Diaonic <Diaonic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I sync a lot of customer data onto a tablet. If I lose my tablet, I want the >data to be deleted. How do I do this? I think Exchange SP2 has support for >this scenario. Not a tablet. If you want an XP box to be inaccessible in the event of a loss then you need to use 3rd party s/w that will e...

syncing outlook on small network
Have three computers networked all running outlook 2003. Would like it so that everyone can read all the emails recieved and also send from the one email account. Is this possible if so how? Thanks sihalls Here is a link to Slipstick.com with many possibilities for what you are wanting to do http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm ...

active sync says there is no microsoft outlook installed
When I tried to synchronize my pocket pc, active sync says there is no Microsoft Outlook installed and i need to reinstall it. It is there with my other Office product and I can add contacts and appointments. I don't understand. Help me, please. rdeb "rdeb" <rdeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58A7A787-290E-4D27-B7F0-42A6894DE70C@microsoft.com... > When I tried to synchronize my pocket pc, active sync says there is no > Microsoft Outlook installed and i need to reinstall it. It is there with > my > other Office product and I can add cont...

Excel Charts are greyed out!
I am using Excel 2002. I have an excel worksheet that has four charts. All four charts ar being greyed out. I don't know how and why. But when I click on on of them, the one being clicked on will be viewable, but the other thre are still greyed out. The same applies for all four. I couldn't find any settings that would cause the problem. Any ideas/suggestions? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Check the setting of Objects on the main options dialog. Use the menu Tools > Options and on the View tab make sure the setting of Objects is Show All. Cheer...

synch my notebooks
I work in onenote on my tablet and on a desktop that are not networked to eachother. I use a USB drive on the tablet. I'd like to synch it with my notebooks on the desktop. Any way I can do this? Thanks. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I work in onenote on my tablet and on a desktop that are not networked to > eachother. I use a USB drive on the tablet. I'd like to synch it with my > notebooks on the desktop. Any way I can do this? Thanks. Short answer: Your "original" notebooks should reside on the USB stick. They can then b...

Alternate grey shading for selected rows of a table
Dear Experts: with x rows of a table selected I would like to activate a macro that ... .... alternately shades the selected rows grey. The grey shading should begin on the uppermost selected row. I GOT a macro that does this alternate shading much more comfortable (see macro below <TblAltShadingGrey>), but as soon as the macro hits vertically merged cells, it throws an error message. Therefore I would like to be able to apply alternate grey shading to selected rows. I am also aware that a user-defined table style could do the above job (alternate grey shading) very eas...

Types of notebooks.
Have a PC on Vista. Looking to buy a notebook. The ads show 3 different types: 1. Notebook 2. Netbook 3. emachines. What's the difference between the three? TIA On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:40:22 +0800, Ben Stevenson wrote: > Have a PC on Vista. > > Looking to buy a notebook. The ads show 3 different types: > > 1. Notebook > > 2. Netbook > > 3. emachines. > > What's the difference between the three? > > TIA A 'netbook' is basically, a miniaturized laptop. Generally, it has no CD/ DVD driv...

Sync Money file in Briefcase
When I try to put my Money file into my briecase it works fine for a while. I can make changes on the laptop file and / or the a desktop file and when I select update they update fine. Then for some reason I have not figured out it will sense a change has been made but when I try to up date it tells me it can't access the desktop file to make the update. Any help would be gratly appreciated. I have made sure that file sharing is available but this does not help. The only way I can make it work again is to change the name of the old file, copy and paste under a new name in &qu...

Outlook 2003 and Traveling Notebook
There has to be a simple answer to this but I cannot find it. We are using Outlook 2003 in our salepeople's notebook computers, and have our own internal mail server. When the salesmen are on the road they have the name of our mail server put into the SMTP and POP3 settings of the e-mail account. When they are in the office they have to put in the IP address of the local mail server to get it to work. I've tried listing the server in the hosts file, but then the e-mail doesn't work when they are on the road. I don't want to have to set up two e-mail accounts in Outloo...

Help syncing email
HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but they want sync to pc. Depends on your PDA and conduit software. Check with the PDA manufacturer. Ellowyn wrote: > HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but > they want sync to pc. Ellowyn <ellowynb1@hotmail.com> wrote: > HOw do you sync email to pda. Can see them in outlook but > they want sync to pc. If you have a Pocket PC, download ActiveSync (which should have been included on your PDA's companion CD) from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/activesync...

Status Reason Workflow in Leads
Is there a way to automatically update the Status Reason field to Contacted when the first activity created on the lead (i.e. an appointment, phone call or e-mail activity) has closed ? I understand this is possible if a workflow rule creates an activity in the system and then waits if the activity is closed. By what if the rule does not create the first activity and this activity is created by a user ? Thanks Nicos Papaioannou ...

Do not always receive Out of Office message
We are running in Exchange 2000 environment. For some reason, whenever someone has the Out of Office Assistant setup and turned on, and another user sends that person a message...they only get the Out of Office message one time and one time only. Is there any way to receive that message EVERY TIME you send the out of office person a message? The Out of Office Assistant is set-up to only reply to an address one time. If you want out of office replies sent out for each incoming message, set-up a rule with Rules Wizard. Louise "Anthony" <Anthony.Preston@mkmv.com> wrote...

NoteBook 2010 Sharing Notebook
I been doing some beta testing in Notebook 2010. And for some reason I can't share notebooks. It says that Windows Live SkyDive is not available. And I don't even know what that is. What I'm looking for is some thing that I can share Notes from one or more persons on more then one PC. So that the ones are viewing can keep track of my Programing Project. Make notes or any changes made. Any one have any ideas on what to do and where to go. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I been doing some beta testing in Notebook 2010. And for some reason...

Automatically Change Lead Status????
I am new to this, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the lead status on numerous leads (275) at one time that were created on a specific date (imported in) but only if they still stay New. What we are doing is we have mailings going out each week where then our sales personnel have 30 days in which to contact the clients that received the letters. The sales personnel are then supposed to change the lead status from New to Contacted. If they have not contacted the clients I want to be able to run something that changes all of those statuses to overdue. Any help would be...

update status in main frame window
Hi Expert, I'm using SDI application In Mainfrm.cpp, i have static UINT indicators[] = { ID_SEPARATOR, // status line indicator ID_INDICATOR_TEST, }; I added a child dialog with one test button on it. The child dialog is triggered via menu in main frame windows. the class of child dialog is CDialog base. class CChildDlg : public CDialog { public: CChildDlg(); ... } void CMainApp::OnEditDialog() { CChildDlg childDlg; childDlg.DoModal(); } void CChildDlg::OnBtnTest() { // how can I update the status bar in main frame windows ? // the following code will t...

Recommendations for Sharing Work Notebooks
Hey everyone, I was wondering what would be the best way for my boss & i to be able to share our notebooks back & forth? We are not on the same work network, on different internet connections, and both on laptops. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can share a notebook with him via a shared folder on my laptop and even if am not online or do not have laptop on can he access it and update it? If so, will the notebook sync the new material into shared NB when I open my OneNote? Also, does anyone have an opinion about whether MS Windows SharePoint doc library would be worth...

Notebook Layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there any way to shrink the notebook lines? I'm trying to save pages when printing my document, but the width of the notebook lines create gaps. Changing to single spaced does not solve the problem. Any suggestions? ...

Keep GL and IV in sync between 2 Companies
I have 2 Company databases and I want to keep the GL and IV (Inventory) tables in sync. Any tools that will do this. What do you mean "in sync"? Do you need the two companies to match?? Or are you trying to keep IV in sync with the GL?? Richard L. Whaley Senior Business Consultant 321-277-1341 btw.....there is some good information that might be helpful to you in some books on Dynamics GP/Great Plains available at www.AccoladePublications.com "Charlie Zarzour" wrote: > I have 2 Company databases and I want to keep the GL and IV (Inventory) > tables ...