turning off One Note or Side Note

Every time I start up my computer part of one note starts up and there
is an icon in my system tray.  I believe that is side note, but I don't
use it much, so I don't know much else about it.

My issue is that I don't use it and don't want it to show up every time
I start my computer, but I can not figure out how to turn the dammed
thing off.  I can shut it down everytime I start up, but I should be
able to tell the system that I don't want it in my system tray on start.
It is not started through the startup folder.  It does appear to be un
the run folder of the registry.
How do I get rid of this thing?

0
Henry
2/2/2010 6:14:56 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Every time I start up my computer part of one note starts up and there
> is an icon in my system tray.  I believe that is side note, but I don't
> use it much, so I don't know much else about it.
>
> My issue is that I don't use it and don't want it to show up every time
> I start my computer, but I can not figure out how to turn the dammed
> thing off.  I can shut it down everytime I start up, but I should be
> able to tell the system that I don't want it in my system tray on start.
> It is not started through the startup folder.  It does appear to be un
> the run folder of the registry.
> How do I get rid of this thing?

Tools, Options, Others
Uncheck 1st option "Show symbol ...."

By the way:
It's very useful for getting screenshots into ON ...
Right click it and study the options ...

Bernd
2
Bernd
2/2/2010 7:17:55 PM
Henry Stock wrote:
> Every time I start up my computer part of one note starts up and there
> is an icon in my system tray.  I believe that is side note, but I
> don't use it much, so I don't know much else about it.

Sorry, wrong "believe".
No, it's not only for "sidenotes".
It's multifunctional. It's used for starting ON and a most important
feature is starting screen-clippings.
Just right-click on the icon and check all of the possible options.

> My issue is that I don't use it

Most probably just because you don't know what it does ;-)

> and don't want it to show up every time I start my computer,

Why not? Does it hurt in any way??

> but I can not figure out how to turn the
> dammed thing off.  I can shut it down everytime I start up, but I
> should be able to tell the system that I don't want it in my system
> tray on start. It is not started through the startup folder.  It does
> appear to be un the run folder of the registry.

No. It's run through the user's Startmenu, "Autostart"/Startup".
There is a link "OneNote 2010 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk" pointing
to NOTEM.exe.
It can be deleted there.
But it's much easier to deactivate the feature inside OneNote:
"Extras | Options | Other"

Apart from that:
I can not at all recommend to follow this way.
One just looses too much.
Let the icon activated in the InfoTray/Systray and use it!

Rainald

-1
Rainald
2/2/2010 9:24:52 PM
On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:14:56 -0500, "Henry Stock"
<henry@the-stocks.org> wrote:

>Every time I start up my computer part of one note starts up and there
>is an icon in my system tray.  I believe that is side note, but I don't
>use it much, so I don't know much else about it.
>
>My issue is that I don't use it and don't want it to show up every time
>I start my computer, but I can not figure out how to turn the dammed
>thing off.  I can shut it down everytime I start up, but I should be
>able to tell the system that I don't want it in my system tray on start.
>It is not started through the startup folder.  It does appear to be un
>the run folder of the registry.
>How do I get rid of this thing?

It's pretty useful and it doesn't really take up a lot of resources.
All it really does is trap a couple of Windows-keys (like Windows-N to
create a new Side Note, Windows-Shift-N to open OneNote, and Windows-S
to create a screen clipping).

If you are just annoyed at having the thing visible, you can modify
your notification tray settings to "always hide" that item.

//Steve//
1
Steve

Rules or Tasks and Notes?
Is it possible to set rules for tasks, notes and appointments so that, e.g. if the task contains 'Burble' it could be automatically maked as a Burble Project task in much the same way as an email rule might? -- Jeremy jeremyatcommunityhypenrelationsdotcoetc On 7/26/04 5:54 AM, "Jeremy Fieldsend" wrote: > Is it possible to set rules for tasks, notes and appointments so that, > e.g. if the task contains 'Burble' it could be automatically maked as a > Burble Project task in much the same way as an email rule might? Under discussion on the entourage ng, a muc...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

User has full access by default in one company
I am on Dynamics 10, and have 5 companies within. For all time prior, every user was set up as an Accounting Manager within each company. I have created a security role to prevent users from being able to print checks, and it works perfectly on 2/5 companies. However on the remaining 3 I noticed that I still had complete access to everything as my test user. I removed ALL security roles, and STILL could access Transactions,Inquiry, Reports and cards (and all subcategories therein). My thinking is that there has to be an original setting / task somewhere from which the user is i...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

double side report print
I have a report to print out on double side print, but it comes flip on the back, any way from MS access to configure the back side printing orientations? Your information is great appreciated, ...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

unable to send to one domain, telnet to and get 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for when i do RCPT TO:
I have no problems sending out anywhere but this one domain. Running SBS 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. users have gotton it back with The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #4.0.0 smtp;451 Please try again> and There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Contains .gif file (blacklisted)> I t...

Multiple Pages into One Sheet
I have a workbook that has 609 pages. I want to have cells a1:a37 on each page listed in one column on one sheet. Please Help!!! =IF(INDIRECT("sheet"&INT(ROW()/37)+1&"!A"&MOD(ROW()-1,37)+1)="","",INDIRECT("sheet"&INT(ROW()/37)+1&"!A"&MOD(ROW()-1,37)+1)) and copy down -- David Biddulph "Aria Dave" <Aria Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E8D6FA-104F-4372-AADF-BC841322091C@microsoft.com... > I have a workbook that has 609 pages. I want to have cells a1:a...

Record Notes #2
I would like to modify the PM Transaction Inquiry Report and add Voucher Notes to it. I can really use some assistance as to how to add the record note. I am not sure which tables I need to add to create relationships. *** *A few days ago David Musgrave had kindly provided this feedback ****But I was unable to implement it. I tried to create a calc field called note1 I select user defined function GetNoteText, but I am not sure how to get the Table syntax added to the formula. The parameter list is: in currency IN_NoteIndex; { Note Index of Note } in integer IN_characters; { Number ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

One contact related to multiple accounts
Is it possible to connect an contact to multiple account records. Sorry again, but not at this stage, A contact is associated with a single 'primary' account. However, if via an Opportunity you are dealing with many "contacts", you can link them in to the opportunity. Guy. PS - you may wish to review the C360 (www.c360.com) module (Relationship Chart) as this may satisfy your requirements. "Pieter Versteijnen" <pieterv@infosupport.com> wrote in message news:a84a9335.0410270338.3d392e3f@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to connect an contact to ...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Redirect all SPAM tagged emails to ONE mailbox
Hi all, I have an Exchange 2000 server, with an anti-spam filter operating before emails come to the mail server. If emails are suspected to be SPAM, their subjects is tagged with the "SPAM_DETECTED" string. I wondered if I could redirect all tagged emails to ONE mailbox ? It would involve filtering all emails with the "SPAM_DETECTED" string I think. Can I do that on Exchange ? (I know it can be done on Domino ... ) Thanks a lot ! Xavier On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 06:57:25 -0700, Xavier <Xavier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have an Exch...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Merging data from one worksheet to another when rows don't match
Hello, I have 2 separate worksheets. Worksheet 1 has 780 rows; worksheet 2 has 1779 rows. All 780 rows of sheet 1 are contained within sheet 2, but not together - they are scattered among the 1779 rows. Column C of worksheet 1 has data for each of the 780 rows that I need to transfer to the corresponding row in worksheet 2. How can I automate this process so I don't have to go line by line and manually add the Column C data to worksheet 2. I hope this makes sense. TIA. Mark Mark I think you're seeking a VLOOKUP function, but we may need a little more info on the 'key...

At least one recipient is marked as "Do not allow" email
This message pops up when sending an email to someone in the office who is a CRM user. I presume their is a flag in the system that needs changing but I cannot find it. I have full access to the CRM options. Steve, Search for the user's email address under contacts and accounts. My bet is that you will find them there (with the do not email option) It is advisable not to have users email addresses in anywhere other than users. We generally recommend creation of second email addresses for all users for use in contacts if that is required. Derek Steve wrote: > This message pops up ...

Double-sided brochure
I feel rather stupid - but it seems like the Publisher brochures will only print one single side. My printer is capable of duplexing, and so I would like to print a double-sided brochure (without having to put the paper back in to send the print job for the second page). I have Publisher 2002, any suggestions on how I can create a double sided brochure (that can be sent as a single print job)? Sorry, I was stupid :) I see the "page 2" icon at the bottom now. "Ann Lomie" <alomie@none.com> wrote in message news:%23lCVura$EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I...

Add Notes to Credit Memos for Collections Management
Would like ability to Add Notes to Credit Memos for Collections Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9576abfa-13b7-41b9-b471-f52334ff05db&dg=micro...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Moving CRM server from one server to another
Hi All Few month ago Microsoft CRM (v.3.0.5300.0) was installed on one of our test servers for testing. After successful configuration and few weeks of work, our company decide to transfer Microsoft CRM to dedicated Windows 2003 Server. Is there any option to transfer CRM from one server to another with all customisations and data? Thanks for help! Pesach sameah! -- Best Regards Denis Laskov Arcnet Ltd, Israel Microsoft Small Business Partner Hello Denis, Look for redeployment tool under the server installation CD/Directory. Shai DL> Hi All DL> Few month ago Microsoft CRM (v.3....

Turn on!
As known to us, Exchange 2003 SP2 support enhanced SenderID. How can I turn on SPFResult(apposing Urgency,SenderID,SCL and so on)on the top bar of Outlook 2003? Thanks a lot! KejiaLi,coming from Beijing,China ...

one pst file
i use outlook on both my desktop and my laptop. i want to use the same *.pst file. so i put it on a network drive, and it works for awhile. but, a lot of times i get duplicate downloads of my emails from my ISP, another time the address book (contacts), stopped working on the laptop. whats the right way to have a one data *.pst file for both computers? thanks Unfortunately pst files were not designed to be shared by multiple machines. It can be done but if more than one Outlook tries to open the pst at the same time then it can damage the pst file. You may try looking on http:...