-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> I am about to transfer my notes from one computer to another, and I
> would like my mobile notes to open everytime I open OneNote, like it
> does now. I know I can goto the OneNote files in My Documents and OPEN
> BACKUP, but once you shut down, the backup doesn't display anymore.
> How can I transfer ALL my current OneNote notes and settings from one
> computer to another.
> Thanks in advance!
1. A notebook is a FOLDER, not a file (containing the sections of that
notebook as *.one files). So you have to copy a folder, named as your
2. To find your notebook hold your mouse pointer over the name of your
notebook in the navigation bar at the left. Write it down.
3. Close OneNote
4. Use Windows explorer to copy that folder to another computer over the
network or an USB stick
5. The target folder on your other computer has to be the standard
folder for notebooks in Onenote. It depends on the OS. So look into
Tools, Options, Save for that standard folder. Copy your notebook folder
into that folder.
6. Open OneNote on the netbook and open the copied notebook using File,
Go to (for Windows XP)
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\OneNote\12.0
Toolbars.dat may not exist,because you didn't change your toolbars.