Transfering Notes from one computer to another

I am about to transfer my notes from one computer to another, and I
would like my mobile notes to open everytime I open OneNote, like it
does now. I know I can goto the OneNote files in My Documents and OPEN
BACKUP, but once you shut down, the backup doesn't display anymore.

How can I transfer ALL my current OneNote notes and settings from one
computer to another.

Thanks in advance!

Chaz
0
Xaos
3/20/2010 10:27:23 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I am about to transfer my notes from one computer to another, and I
> would like my mobile notes to open everytime I open OneNote, like it
> does now. I know I can goto the OneNote files in My Documents and OPEN
> BACKUP, but once you shut down, the backup doesn't display anymore.
>
> How can I transfer ALL my current OneNote notes and settings from one
> computer to another.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Chaz

Transfer notebooks:

1. A notebook is a FOLDER, not a file (containing the sections of that
notebook as *.one files). So you have to copy a folder, named as your
notebook.

2. To find your notebook hold your mouse pointer over the name of your
notebook in the navigation bar at the left. Write it down.

3. Close OneNote

4. Use Windows explorer to copy that folder to another computer over the
network or an USB stick

5. The target folder on your other computer has to be the standard
folder for notebooks in Onenote. It depends on the OS. So look into
Tools, Options, Save for that standard folder. Copy your notebook folder
into that folder.

6. Open OneNote on the netbook and open the copied notebook using File,
Open.
-------------------
Transfer settings:

Go to (for Windows XP)
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\OneNote\12.0

and copy

     * Preferences.dat
     * Toolbars.dat

Toolbars.dat may not exist,because you didn't change your toolbars.

Bernd
0
Bernd

about transfer order

Multiple Reorder Numbers from One Vendor
Multiple suppliers for one item is great. Multiple items from the same supplier would be nice. For example, we sell spa (hot tub) supplies. One of the products we carry is basically spa perfume. It comes in four scents. I can order cases of 12--either 12 of each scent or an assorted case (3 each of all 4 scents). More example Case of 12 Scents: Scent A = 1234A Scent B = 1234B Scent C = 1234C Scent D = 1234D Assortment = 1234X I don't have an induvidual item 1234X, only items 1234A-D. I cannot add both reorder numbers to the items, as RMS won't let me add the same supplier t...

wrapping text around another text box
My problem is this...I have two text boxes. I want to wrap one text box around the other text box but nothing seems to be working. What I want to do with the one to the left is make it into an "L" shape so that the box on the right simply fits in the empty space of the "L" to form basically a square. I have tried turning on all those text wrapping features with both boxes and cannot figure out for the life of me what is happening. I have a box drawn around the box on the right...don't know if that has something to do with it. I have tried removing it and sti...

Transfering messages

HR Position Transfers

Computer Problem!
My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix that? James Moore "James" <jamo1937@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4082df64-90ec-4b18-8242-fed29ee62b92@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com... > My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and > fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This > happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix > that? ...

Why speech recognition is unpopular with personal computer users
1/19/2010 Why is speech recognition not very popular among personal computer users? Tough question, but here are my guesses. 1) The SR technology is not yet all that good. For decades, we have been promised that SR is "just around the corner", but the reality is that the technology still has serious flaws, as far as easily converting speech to text is concerned. 2) Personal computing, by its nature, is not all that "suitable" for speech recognition use. The major benefits of SR are to that small group of people who need to "report...

problem with playback of voice recording Notes
MS Outlook 2002: I recorded a voice Notes with my IPAQ and sync'd it to MS Outlook 2002. I then had trouble palying back the voice recording on my IPAQ (3870). Concerned with loosing the recording, I made a backup copy of the Notes messages on my Desktop before syncing again. Problem, the 2 min Notes recording stop prematurely - both on the IPAQ and on PC Outlook launched (at a lull part of the recording). However, when I double click to launch the backup copy on the desktop (without the MS Outlook launched), the entire message plays fine. I try to drag and drop the good deskto...

Passing RetrieveGlobals9's Connection Object from IM to another dl
I am using RetrieveGlobals9 to get a connection and successfully connecting to the database from within script events in Integration Manager. However, when I tried to pass the open connection to another (VB.Net) application from within the script, I get an error, "Class does not support automation." Is this something that I can fix by rewriting the VB.Net application, or will that always happen when I try to call an external .dll from within Integration Manager? Thanks in advance. ...

Windows Easy Transfer

Is it possible to add data to only one 1 tab of a multi-tab form
Hi I have created a multi-tab form (there are 7 tabs in all). Is it possible to set the form up in such a way that not all forms are updated at the same time? For instance, one of the forms is Contact information and another is personal information. For one student, the contact information was updated on the Monday and the personal infomration on Tuesday but there are for the same student. Thank you advance for your help. ...

can you SAVE journal, note entries from Outlook 2000?
I can't find a way to save all my notes, journal entries, etc, I make in Outlook 2000 other than by the use of the "archive function" which I find unsatisfactory since it gets rid of entries when they are archived as well as only saving after a certain time. If I can't save all the notes from Outlook 2000 as I go, and I need to rely on the records I make at a later date - I find using Outook not worth it!! Could some good person give me enlightenment??!! You could create a new .PST file and manually copy items to it by drag and drop... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP...

two domains in one outlook profile
Hey, Is there a way to choose what address shows up on the Sent From line in outlook. I have a users, all in one exchange server, who need to have their FROM LINE display a different domain then their main reply email. Both addresses are set up on their exchange account, so then can receive emails when an email is sent to user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com. By default, when they create a new email, the recipient will always see @domain1.com. Is there a way to choose what domain shows up in the FROM line so that when they need to send to certain recipients, the recipient sees ...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Multiply values in one column by values in another column
Hi, I'm sure this must have been posted before but I can't seem to get my search terms accurate enough to find it. I have two columns: "Number of containers" and "Volume of container". I want to multiply these to give me the total volume of all containers: (A1*B1)+(A2*B2)+(A3*B3)... I could create this long formula manually, but I'm sure there must be a better way. Naturally, I could do this by creating a new column, multiplying each row and then adding the values in the third column but, again, I'm sure there must be a more elegant solution. Any suggestio...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...

transferring files #3
hi, i just got a new computer. i want to transfer the contacts and emails, basically the all the information i had in outlook express on my old computer to the new one. i tried to just copy outlook onto a zip disk and put it on the new computer but that didn't work. i can't seem to find any folders where this info is in outlook. need help! thanks I'm not exactly sure about Outlook Express, but in Outlook there is an 'Import / Export' function in the 'File' menu. From here, follow the steps and create a 'pst' file for your contacts and messages....

How do I make a Microsfot Word Document into a M Publisher one?
I saw a brochure that I would like to use in Publisher, unfortunately is in Word Format, how can I make the file into Publisher? By doing a lot of adjusting. Copy/paste is about the only way I know. Open the Office Clipboard in the edit menu, makes the whole process easier. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7FF627-4374-4E81-83C5-5D753698F184@microsoft.com... >I saw a brochure that I would like to use in Publisher, unfortunately is in ...

Turning on data validation in one cell based on the contents of another cell
Folks, I am using MS Excel 2002. I want to activate data validation in one cell based on the contents of another cell. i.e. Cell A1 has data validation for a Yes / No response. If the user selects Yes in cell A1, I want the data validation (from another drop down list) to be active in cell A2. But if the user selects No in cell A1, I want the text "Not Applicable" to appear in cell A2 and the drop down list not to appear / be active. Grateful for any suggestions as to how to achieve this. Chris You could use an event macro that changes the validation rules in A2 (along with th...

Updating data from one worksheet to another
I've created an in-depth spreadsheet to organize information. I need to then take a few columns of that information and put it into a more concise, easier to sift through worksheet. This list will be updated frequently. Is there any way I can create this secondary list and have it automatically fill in information that is entered into the first, more thorough list? I'm just trying to avoid entering things twice and make it easier for the next person to use. Thanks in advance. Thanks Alta! That's exactly what I was looking for. A further question: The columns I'll be pl...

Transferring SMTP server to the new exchange
if I introduce new exchange server into the network how do i transfer SMTP server to the new exchange so that outgoing emails use it instead of the old exchange server? thank you On your current servers setup smart host to the new server. Do this from: 1. Exchange System Manager virtual server settings. 2. Delivery property sheet 3. Advanced 4. Smart Host - You can enter the IP insquare brackets or the machine name. cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "asdf" &...