Task not found in Outlook

  • Follow

First, let me just say that I love OneNote, especially the syncing with
Outlook Tasks.  It truly makes me much more productive.

Sometimes though I open up Outlook and OneNote and in OneNote and some or
all of my synced tasks show up dimmed.  The mouse over says, "Task not yet
found in Outlook.  You cannot edit tasks deleted from Outlook or created by
other users."

The tasks do exist and they all have been created by me.

Usually when I get this, if I restart Outlook and OneNote the sync happens
correctly.  Today that is not working.

Is there a way to see the sync status and resolve any issue that
Outlook/OneNote is having?

0
Reply Utf 4/6/2010 7:00:09 PM

Hello,
Similar issue happen to me occasionally. I found out that this happens when
there is no connection with my Exchange server. For example, if I created a
task in ON, but don't have the connection to my Exchange server available,
the task wouldn't be visible in Outlook either.
Shift+F9 syncs the current notebook immediately. However, I suggest that you
check the connection to your email server.
Also, deleting a task in Outlook will cause similar behavior (it doesn't
automatically delete it from ON).
I hope this helps.

"Project Newbie" wrote:

> First, let me just say that I love OneNote, especially the syncing with
> Outlook Tasks.  It truly makes me much more productive.
>
> Sometimes though I open up Outlook and OneNote and in OneNote and some or
> all of my synced tasks show up dimmed.  The mouse over says, "Task not yet
> found in Outlook.  You cannot edit tasks deleted from Outlook or created by
> other users."
>
> The tasks do exist and they all have been created by me.
>
> Usually when I get this, if I restart Outlook and OneNote the sync happens
> correctly.  Today that is not working.
>
> Is there a way to see the sync status and resolve any issue that
> Outlook/OneNote is having?

0
Reply Utf 4/7/2010 10:05:01 PM

Outlook and OneNote 2007?  Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007
installed?
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Project Newbie" <ProjectNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First, let me just say that I love OneNote, especially the syncing with
> Outlook Tasks.  It truly makes me much more productive.
>
> Sometimes though I open up Outlook and OneNote and in OneNote and some or
> all of my synced tasks show up dimmed.  The mouse over says, "Task not yet
> found in Outlook.  You cannot edit tasks deleted from Outlook or created
> by
> other users."
>
> The tasks do exist and they all have been created by me.
>
> Usually when I get this, if I restart Outlook and OneNote the sync happens
> correctly.  Today that is not working.
>
> Is there a way to see the sync status and resolve any issue that
> Outlook/OneNote is having?

0
Reply Ben 4/21/2010 4:36:44 AM

(page loaded in 0.059 seconds)