Task not found in Outlook

First, let me just say that I love OneNote, especially the syncing with
Outlook Tasks.  It truly makes me much more productive.

Sometimes though I open up Outlook and OneNote and in OneNote and some or
all of my synced tasks show up dimmed.  The mouse over says, "Task not yet
found in Outlook.  You cannot edit tasks deleted from Outlook or created by
other users."

The tasks do exist and they all have been created by me.

Usually when I get this, if I restart Outlook and OneNote the sync happens
correctly.  Today that is not working.

Is there a way to see the sync status and resolve any issue that
Outlook/OneNote is having?

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,
Similar issue happen to me occasionally. I found out that this happens when
there is no connection with my Exchange server. For example, if I created a
task in ON, but don't have the connection to my Exchange server available,
the task wouldn't be visible in Outlook either.
Shift+F9 syncs the current notebook immediately. However, I suggest that you
check the connection to your email server.
Also, deleting a task in Outlook will cause similar behavior (it doesn't
automatically delete it from ON).
I hope this helps.

"Project Newbie" wrote:

> First, let me just say that I love OneNote, especially the syncing with
> Outlook Tasks.  It truly makes me much more productive.
>
> Sometimes though I open up Outlook and OneNote and in OneNote and some or
> all of my synced tasks show up dimmed.  The mouse over says, "Task not yet
> found in Outlook.  You cannot edit tasks deleted from Outlook or created by
> other users."
>
> The tasks do exist and they all have been created by me.
>
> Usually when I get this, if I restart Outlook and OneNote the sync happens
> correctly.  Today that is not working.
>
> Is there a way to see the sync status and resolve any issue that
> Outlook/OneNote is having?

Outlook and OneNote 2007?  Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007
installed?
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Project Newbie" <ProjectNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First, let me just say that I love OneNote, especially the syncing with
> Outlook Tasks.  It truly makes me much more productive.
>
> Sometimes though I open up Outlook and OneNote and in OneNote and some or
> all of my synced tasks show up dimmed.  The mouse over says, "Task not yet
> found in Outlook.  You cannot edit tasks deleted from Outlook or created
> by
> other users."
>
> The tasks do exist and they all have been created by me.
>
> Usually when I get this, if I restart Outlook and OneNote the sync happens
> correctly.  Today that is not working.
>
> Is there a way to see the sync status and resolve any issue that
> Outlook/OneNote is having?

0
Ben

Access outlook 2007
Needed to ask again, since I don't think I checked notify me box. I can only access my outlook email at work by using the vpn, otherwise I can't access it, any ideas what could be wrong. That's going to be a question for your company's help desk. It could be that the network is set up in such a manner that the VPN has to be used, but I would find that very, very odd as the point of a VPN is to provide a secure connection to a network when you don't have physical access to the network.. If you're physically in the building with the ethernet cable right ...

Outlook changing attached file name
When I record a voice file as an .mp3 file and attach it to an Email the person receiving the attachment sees the file name as UNTITLED.BIN. If they leave a copy on the server and then access the server without using Outlook the file name remains voice.mp3. If the file "UNTITLED.BIN" is renamed back to "VOICE.MP3" it gets associated back to a media program and plays fine. To make the original file we are using a software program called mp3 recorder and using the PC's sound card and microphone. Using the .mp3 format rather than the ..wav cuts way down on file size and t...

how to detect HTTP/1.1 302 Found issues?
hey when I do a header status check of my niche site I get this: HTTP/1.1 302 Found Connection: close Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:42:47 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727 Location: /Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 Set-Cookie: AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1; path=/ Cache-Control: private Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Length: 166 Redirect Target: /Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 #2 Server Response: /Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 Wrong service type or malformed URL url to niche is: fu...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Outlook 03 refuses to archive
I have a user, who is using Outlook 03 and it refuses to archive. And yes we have checked things such as modified date and all that. This is not the case when it comes to not archiving. We have tried another file, and that does not seem to work either. I am open for any suggestions to what else this could be. Only two things I could think is, a MS problem, possible repair/detect or update? Google indexing, does this play any role in the archiving process? Archiving to a new or old PST? If old PST, check item/size count. Maybe a mismatch where it is unicode mailbox but trying to arch...

Copying Outlook #2
How do I copy over the Outlook.NK2 file? Hi Roy, okay, you have an old Outlook.NK2 file and you wanted to move it to your current Outlook? Please r-click |copy| Delete your old *.NK2 file and paste the new one! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Roy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:383801c471c5$8f27c220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I copy over the Outlook.NK2 file? Thank You. Just wanted to make sure. >-----Original Mess...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

Moving Outlook info to another computer
I would like to move my Outlook files to a new P IV computer. I believe that the file Outlook.pst will include the email boxes, calendar and schedule, but I don't know how to move either the POP3 accounts (I have quite a few), settings, or the email rules (such as which box to move what email into). I would like to have to avoid setting this all up from scratch, so I hope someone there has a solution. I am also considering going back to Outlook Express for my email, since I use the contacts and calendar function in Outlook extensively to coordinate with my PocketPC. Does anyo...

Outlook Attachments r not coming in outlook express
Hai, Whenever a user sends a mail from his Outlook pop3 account to outlook express pop3 account user, the attachments are coming in outlook express, can anybody solve this issue and get back to me. Thanking you, D.Sathish Kumar. Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format when sending messages to Outlook Express users, or users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attachments. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies ...

Outlook 2003 Rules Problem
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We moved my mailbox and all is well except the Rules will not process things coming in from POP email accounts. It will process from accounts in the GAL. I can manually run the rule on the inbox and it does as expected, but if I receive a message from someone@popmail.com it still sits in the inbox. If I get am email from someone@mydomain.com and have a rule set up, it processes. I even blew all the rules away and started creating them from scratch, but same thing happens. Incoming pop mail just sits there. Any clues? I say Outlo...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Which outlook to get
Which outlook do I need to use email accounts. I have outlook 2000 but understand that will not work with the new pop3 accounts. Would outlook 2003 be ok instead of paying for 2007. I am only trying to use it like I did outlook express. Since hotmail changed to the new windows live mail I cannot use outlook express to see my three email accounts in different folders (inboxs). I have a hotmail , gmail and verizon accounts And I dont like the new Windows Live mail that was supposed to replace outlook express. Thanks for any suggestions -- rayh78 "rayh78" <rayh78.4fc51c2@out...

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to switch over to OL2007 from Thunderbird. I have several email accounts, some IMAP, some POP3. It really gripes me the way OL2007 handles multiple accounts. Sending an email from any of my accounts defaults to having been sent from a default account. What's so hard about composing an email from within a particular "Inbox" and having the email appear to have been sent from that account?? Instead, unless I remember to change it manually each and every time, OL2007 will cause the email will appear to have been sent from another address entirely. For example I w...

Outlook opens, then hangs
outlook will open, then just hangs, and quits responding. Help! The only thing I can think of is SpamCatcher is installed, but I can't turn the thing off because outlook won't respond. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >outlook will open, then just hangs, and quits >responding. Help! The only thing I can think of is >SpamCatcher is installed, but I can't turn the thing off >because outlook won't respond. Any ideas? >. >What version of Outlook? Exchange or POP? How large is .pst file? ...

a valid exchange rate not found for the return date
Anyone ever seen this message? There is no relative help in knowledgebase and what there is - we have covered. Not sure why GP is saying we don't have a valid exchange rate only when doing a return. The return is within the month and the exchange rate table is active for a period long before and long after this date. We've been trying to solve for days now and the error makes NO sense at all. Please help ...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

msvcp60.dll was not found
Hi, I have a VC++ 6.0 application. When I install it on a computer wiht administrator or with the privilege of local administrator, it works fine. But when I login as a regular user without the privilege of administrator, I got an error says: msvcp60.dll was not found Please help! Thanks. By "install" I presume that you mean that you created a .msi file which is doing the installation. Copying an executable file is in no way construable as "installing" software. What is the OS you are running with? How did you create the installer? An installer will normally ...

Outlook crashes constantly
I have a really weird problem. I was just trying to add a meeting to my calendar when I got an error message : "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So I checked the box restart Outlook and clicked on ok, but it happened again. In fact now it happens every time I try to run Outlook. I can start Outlook in safe mode without problems, I can access Calendar , Inbox , Tasks ... Every time I try to start in normal mode I get the error message. Tried to run scanpst - told me that it found some errors in pst file an...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Multiple Outlook Inboxes for One User
Hi Everyone. How can I setup multiple Outlook Inboxes for a single user? (Outlook 2000) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Deb You can't. Outlook uses one inbox for received mails but you can move the mail based on rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Deb asked: | Hi Everyone. | How can I setup multiple Outlook Inboxes for a sin...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

outlook 2003 cannot restart after close
I am running outlook 2003 on a laptop with only internet mail. If I close outlook and later reopen it, it won't reopen. I get an error in the task bar: Outlook is nor responding. If you are using an exchange server email account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the outlook icon in the notification area and clicking cancel server request on the shortcut menu. However, if i go to do so, i get no response. I have to logout of the machine or reboot it to reopen outlook. Also, i noticed upon shutdown, i get a message that sgtray.exe is not responding and I have t...

How to move saved outlook email to Windows live mail?
Does anyone know how i can do this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01CB1992.2C7C62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One method..that uses the same DeltaSync technology. Use the Live tools provided. Sign up for Hotmail account if not already done so - if signing up new ensure you logon at mail.live.com to ensure the = inbox is setup and functional Install the latest(verions 14) Outlook Hotmail Connector on OL2003 or = 2007 or 2010 Setup the Hotmail account in...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...