Setting Right margin in Onenote 2010

  • Follow

Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right
margin in a note.

Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the
margin closer to the right side of the page.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg

When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it.

When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the
note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other
boxes are grayed out.

Any help appreciated.

Bob

0
Reply Bob 4/12/2010 9:37:53 PM

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:37:53 -0700 (PDT), Bob <ralvarez@spambob.net>
wrote:

>Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right
>margin in a note.
>
>Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the
>margin closer to the right side of the page.
>http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg
>
>When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it.
>
>When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the
>note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other
>boxes are grayed out.

When you click on the text box, the border will appear.  Hover the
cursor on the border and a two-way arrow cursor will appear.
Right-click and drag the border to the right and that will expand your
margins.

//Steve//
0
Reply Steve 4/12/2010 10:33:56 PM

Steve Silverwood wrote:
> Bob wrote:

>>Onenote 2010 is great but I haven't figured out how to set the right
>>margin in a note.
>>
>>Here is a screenshot shpwing the problem. I would like to set the
>>margin closer to the right side of the page.
>>http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-4/1174390/Screenshot.jpg
>>
>>When I click on a text box, i can't seem to widen it.
>>
>>When I go to View|paper Size, I want to use Auto paper size so the
>>note keeps growing in length. When I select this option, all the other
>>boxes are grayed out.
>
> When you click on the text box, the border will appear.  Hover the
> cursor on the border and a two-way arrow cursor will appear.

Only if one has activated the option to "Show note containers on pages"
(Tools | Options | Display).

Rainald

0
Reply Rainald 4/13/2010 3:31:54 PM

On Apr 13, 8:31=A0am, "Rainald Taesler" <taes...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Steve Silverwood wrote:
> > When you click on the text box, the border will appear. =A0Hover the
> > cursor on the border and a two-way arrow cursor will appear.
>
> Only if one has activated the option to "Show note containers on pages"
> (Tools | Options | Display).
>
> Rainald

Got it. Thanks. For other people who read this thread, there appear to
be some differences in Onenote 2010
1. I set the option as suggested by Rainald. In ON2010 the options are
under the File menu.
2. When I click in a text box, I see a gray/blue window outline around
it. On the top margin at the right there is a <> that I can grab and
resize. Also, as noted by Steve, if I hover at the boundary the cursor
changes to sideways at the right side or vertical arrow at the bottom.

Bob

0
Reply Bob 4/13/2010 5:29:44 PM

(page loaded in 0.192 seconds)