Post-it note like tool for OneNote

  • Follow

When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a
way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand
out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I
wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010.

Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 5/6/2010 5:13:01 PM

Hi there,

You can insert "flags" in OneNote to help make them stand out.

To add a note tag:

- Place the pointer in the paragraph that you want to tag.
- On the *Standard* toolbar, click the arrow next to  the *Tags*
  button, and then click the note tag you want.

I hope this helps!

Isabella
MSFT Office Outreach Team

--
Isabella_Oteam
0

OneNote 2010 has "Linked Notes," which should meet your needs.  You can read
about how it works with PowerPoint at
http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2010/04/14/check-out-linked-note-taking-with-onenote-and-powerpoint.aspx

It also lets you take notes on OneNote pages so that you can take notes on
anything you print to OneNote, for instance.

--
Thanks,
John Guin

"Deejay" wrote:

> When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a
> way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand
> out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I
> wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010.
>
> Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 5/7/2010 4:40:01 AM

Thanks for the tip. I still feel OneNote could do with something like the
yellow comments in Acrobat. They are free standing and can be moved about
freely and are very useful for annotation as you can superimpose them on any
other text.

"John Guin [msft]" wrote:

> OneNote 2010 has "Linked Notes," which should meet your needs.  You can read
> about how it works with PowerPoint at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2010/04/14/check-out-linked-note-taking-with-onenote-and-powerpoint.aspx
>
> It also lets you take notes on OneNote pages so that you can take notes on
> anything you print to OneNote, for instance.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> John Guin
> OneNote Test Team
> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin
>

> "Deejay" wrote:
>
> > When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a
> > way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand
> > out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I
> > wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010.
> >
> > Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 5/10/2010 9:11:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.064 seconds)