Error message in Onenote - Section is from a later version of OneN

  • Follow


I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7.  I have 
received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that states that 
"This Section is from a later version of OneNote had installed OneNote and 
cannot be opened."  I did previously install and then uninstall OneNote 2010 
beta.  Any suggestions on how to fix this error message would be appreciated. 
 Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 3/3/2010 2:02:01 PM


-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7.  I have 
> received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that states that 
> "This Section is from a later version of OneNote had installed OneNote and 
> cannot be opened."  I did previously install and then uninstall OneNote 2010 
> beta.  Any suggestions on how to fix this error message would be appreciated. 
>  Thanks.

0. We're talking about the "Unfiled Notes", which cannot be opened:
1. close ON
2. delete your "Unfiled Notes.one" file
(It's path can be found under Tools, Options, Save)
3. open ON: it will create a new "Unfiled Notes.one"

Bernd
0
Reply Bernd 3/3/2010 3:42:14 PM


Bernd wrote:
>> I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7.  I
>> have received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that
>> states that "This Section is from a later version of OneNote had
>> installed OneNote and cannot be opened."  I did previously install
>> and then uninstall OneNote 2010 beta.  Any suggestions on how to fix
>>  this error message would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> 0. We're talking about the "Unfiled Notes", which cannot be opened:
> 1. close ON
> 2. delete your "Unfiled Notes.one" file
> (It's path can be found under Tools, Options, Save)
> 3. open ON: it will create a new "Unfiled Notes.one"

Just a warning:
The pages in this section will be lost when taking this route.

Rainald 
0
Reply Rainald 3/3/2010 8:19:29 PM


-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Bernd wrote:
>>> I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7.  I
>>> have received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that
>>> states that "This Section is from a later version of OneNote had
>>> installed OneNote and cannot be opened."  I did previously install
>>> and then uninstall OneNote 2010 beta.  Any suggestions on how to fix
>>>  this error message would be appreciated. Thanks.
>> 0. We're talking about the "Unfiled Notes", which cannot be opened:
>> 1. close ON
>> 2. delete your "Unfiled Notes.one" file
>> (It's path can be found under Tools, Options, Save)
>> 3. open ON: it will create a new "Unfiled Notes.one"
> 
> Just a warning:
> The pages in this section will be lost when taking this route.
> 
> Rainald 

Naturally ;-)

But he can't read them, so it's just "destroy before reading" ...

Bernd
0
Reply Bernd 3/3/2010 11:56:11 PM

Bernd wrote:
> Rainald wrote:
>> Bernd wrote:

>>>> I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7.  I
>>>> have received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that
>>>> states that "This Section is from a later version of OneNote had
>>>> installed OneNote and cannot be opened."  I did previously install
>>>> and then uninstall OneNote 2010 beta.
>>>
>>> 0. We're talking about the "Unfiled Notes", which cannot be opened:
>>> 1. close ON
>>> 2. delete your "Unfiled Notes.one" file
>>> (It's path can be found under Tools, Options, Save)
>>> 3. open ON: it will create a new "Unfiled Notes.one"
>>
>> Just a warning:
>> The pages in this section will be lost when taking this route.
>
> Naturally ;-)
>
> But he can't read them, so it's just "destroy before reading" ...

LOL

It was just a "warning". And IMHO one cannot warn often enough ;-)

A true alternative might be:
a) Re-install ON2010;
b) Save the "unfiled" stuff being in the ON2010 format;
c) Reformat that for the usage with ON2007;
d) Uninstall ON2010;
e) Open the files in ON2007.

I for one really would NOT AT ALL want to loose my "unfiled" stuff
(there's just too much in there because I'm too lazy to do the regular
"housekeeping" every day <bg>).
Well, it has become a terrible lot better since using ON2010 with the
possibilities of sorting things in first place. Still there is a lot of
unsorted ("unfiled") stuff hanging around.

Rainald




0
Reply Rainald 3/4/2010 3:38:49 AM

4 Replies
1031 Views

(page loaded in 0.074 seconds)

6/5/2014 8:28:46 AM


Reply: