Office 2007 Installation Hangs

  • Follow

After FINALLY getting the Windows 7 upgrade to Office 2007 up and running,
the installation of disc 1 gets all the way to the end of the status bar and
hangs. It's not frozen, as task manager does not indicate that it is "not
responding."

How can I get the installation to complete? Is anyone else having this
problem?

Thanks!
0
Reply Utf 12/29/2009 5:29:01 AM

Yes, I had the identical problem.  The installation got maybe 90% of the way
down the bar before stopping.  Nothing showed up in task manager to indicate
there was a problem.  It just stopped.

I finally left it to sit, stalled, while I tried to figure out a next step.
After about 15 minutes of being frozen it simply started up again and
finished.

So, all I can suggest is to let it sit and see if it doesn't unfreeze itself.

"billyidolrules" wrote:

> After FINALLY getting the Windows 7 upgrade to Office 2007 up and running,
> the installation of disc 1 gets all the way to the end of the status bar and
> hangs. It's not frozen, as task manager does not indicate that it is "not
> responding."
>
> How can I get the installation to complete? Is anyone else having this
> problem?
>

> Thanks!
0
Reply Utf 1/12/2010 8:13:01 PM

I'm having the same problem as billyidolrules. Trying to install Microsoft
Office 2007 Professional on a computer with Windows 7 and it hangs. The green
installation progress bar goes all the way to the end, but then stalls. I
disabled the antivirus, as was suggested in another thread, and I tried just
letting the installation "sit" as recommended by rickym (it sat for 2 hours
and then overnight for 9 hours), it didn't "unfreeze" itself, though. The
program is still hung up, won't install.

I hope someone else has a resolution to the problem, as I really need to
install the program so that I can get to work.

"rickym" wrote:

> I finally left it to sit, stalled, while I tried to figure out a next step.
> After about 15 minutes of being frozen it simply started up again and
> finished.
>
> So, all I can suggest is to let it sit and see if it doesn't unfreeze itself.
>
> "billyidolrules" wrote:
>
> > After FINALLY getting the Windows 7 upgrade to Office 2007 up and running,
> > the installation of disc 1 gets all the way to the end of the status bar and
> > hangs. It's not frozen, as task manager does not indicate that it is "not
> > responding."
> >
> > How can I get the installation to complete? Is anyone else having this
> > problem?

1
Reply Utf 2/6/2010 2:22:01 PM

(page loaded in 0.386 seconds)