Installing Office 2007

  • Follow

I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
"cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
HD.. How can I get this resolved?

The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
rather that ask me for them.

I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.

Any one here to help me!
0
Reply Flash101 5/21/2010 2:16:08 AM

"Flash101" <ibmonarchi@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
> Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
> someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> rather that ask me for them.
>
> I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> Any one here to help me!

Ah, an eBay purchase.  There are so many pirated copies of Office being sold
on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
disk and license.  There are a lot of good forgeries out there.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/ to look at some of the pirated
software.  Then see: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx for
obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.

Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Office
and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer.  Ensure
that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.

Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

0
Reply LVTravel 5/21/2010 3:23:25 AM

On May 20, 10:23=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!
>
> Ah, an eBay purchase. =A0There are so many pirated copies of Office being=
 sold
> on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
> disk and license. =A0There are a lot of good forgeries out there.
>
> See:http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/to look at some of the pirated
> software. =A0Then see:http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx=
for
> obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.
>
> Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Offi=
ce
> and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer. =A0E=
nsure
> that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.
>
> Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

May 21, 2010 Office 2007
0
Reply Flash101 5/21/2010 10:08:31 AM

On May 20, 10:23=A0pm, "LVTravel" <n...@nothere.com> wrote:
> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!
>
> Ah, an eBay purchase. =A0There are so many pirated copies of Office being=
 sold
> on eBay it would surprise me that it is, in fact an original non-pirated
> disk and license. =A0There are a lot of good forgeries out there.
>
> See:http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/to look at some of the pirated
> software. =A0Then see:http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/faq.aspx=
for
> obtaining legitimate software if it is in fact non-genuine.
>
> Of course if it is genuine you have uninstalled any trial version of Offi=
ce
> and it's associated activation assistant then rebooted the computer. =A0E=
nsure
> that the disk is clean without fingerprint smudges.
>
> Word Perfect will not cause an issue with Office install.

I did use those MS sites. It seemed to be authentic based on most of
the the examples given, including MS "Our Passion" key hole. The COA #
was not same as the US verison  shown. Office Intalled accepted the
product key number.I wish an expert could look it over but otherwise
it looks auth.  to me. I did install a trial verison some time ago and
thought I had removed all files. I am unsure as to how to find
"associted activation assistant" files..There may be some still
lurking about.  Looking at CP Add/Remove. I do see a series of Office
2007 updates like "Compatibility Pack for 2007  Odffice systems" and 6
similar update files. Are you recommedning removal of those files? Do
I need to edit the registry, too.

Thanks for your assistance.
0
Reply Flash101 5/21/2010 10:09:34 AM

Flash101

If it say's on the CD "Office Pro 2007 English Intl " then you got screwed by the
seller on EBay. When it say's that on the CD then it was the CD that was given out
as a complimentary copy to someone that attended the MS Seminar at one point years
ago. Not much anybody can do for you unless you try to return the purchase or call
MS and pay your fee and hopefully they might be able to do something for you.Notice
I said hopefully

BTW: What gave it away was the word INTL after the version

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Flash101" <ibmonarchi@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a  full version of
> Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi".  and MS wants me to find it
> someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> rather that ask me for them.
>
> I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> Any one here to help me!

0
Reply Peter 5/21/2010 2:48:56 PM

On May 21, 9:48=A0am, "Peter Foldes" <maci252...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Flash101
>
> If it say's on the CD "Office Pro 2007 English Intl " then you got screwe=
d by the
> seller on EBay. When it say's that on the CD then it was the CD that was =
given out
> as a complimentary copy to someone that attended the MS Seminar at one po=
int years
> ago. Not much anybody can do for you unless you try to return the purchas=
e or call
> MS and pay your fee and hopefully they might be able to do something for =
you.Notice
> I said hopefully
>
> BTW: What gave it away was the word INTL after the version
>
> --
> Peter

> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.htt=
p://www.microsoft.com/protect

> "Flash101" <ibmonar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I purchased from Ebay and then tried to install a =A0full version of
> > Office Prof. 2007 but eventually I get this error msg :
> > "cannot find excel.en-us\excelMUI.msi". =A0and MS wants me to find it
> > someplace which I can't do. It appears that this file is not on my
> > HD.. How can I get this resolved?
>
> > The COA label indicated that this is an Office Pro 2007 English Intl
> > not to US cd. It appears to be an authentic MS Office 2007 product. I
> > expected the full version to simply install all the appropriate files
> > rather that ask me for them.
>
> > I have a Dell laptop with XP Pro Sp3. It came loaded with WordPerfect.
>
> > Any one here to help me!

I would have preferred the E-bay seller informed me of the NOT US CD
version. However, I was able to get Office 2007 installed after
cleaning the disk (bad blocks) as you recommended. I very happy with
this product so far. and the MS MVP wrote that it differs only
slightly from US version but nothing noticeable. That's better that
being screwed!! <gg>
0
Reply Flash101 5/23/2010 7:47:46 PM

(page loaded in 2.649 seconds)